BF: BC 2 - Your Impressions ?

CR6

Wow great mini reviews! Cannot wait for my copy to arrive and try some of that 3 team versus action!

Any other n00bs slightly late to the party will find me on the Sparta server looking for 2 squaddies!

I've put a bit over 24 hours of play time into it (MP Only). Like viiper said, it's not COD/GR and it's definitely not a "simulator". But I would call it a squad based shooter. You can not really lone wolf it and expect to be successful. If you have a decent squad that stays together and supports each other you can tear through an entire enemy team playing TDM. I have mostly been playing RUSH,a s conquest seems broken compared to what it was in BF2.

I've also enjoyed the squad rush (4v4) with one MCOM station at a time to defend/attack.

In my honest opinion bfbc2 is like codmw and mw2 but just a tad better.

Actualy imho i think bfbc2 has a tad better sound but MW2 has better graphics and better gameplay. One of the most annoying things about bfbc2 sp is that your team mates never die, you see them often downed by the enemy but they never die even if they are hit by an rpg lol.

Sounds like there are a few people in this forum that have got the game, so here's a thread to consolidate our opinions on what you think so far about SP, MP, the graphics or whatever.

I happened to be in Best Buy the on March 2 so I have purchased the PC version on release day. Haven't had time to install it yet but hopefully soon.

Also let us know if you are hosting a dedicated server.

Same here, I got it the morning of release day and have been playing it daily since. The SP is not for me, plenty of good scripting their though.

I was playing a lot of bf 2 b4 it came out. I haven't touched the game since and I don't know when I will again. Maybe to try PR, I never got around to using that mod.

Yeah, the smoke, destructible environments, voice over sounds..it's all great stuff. I love the game.

This is a total revolution of the gaming experience a quality never before seen.Since I have played this game,I don't want to play any other game.

I feel the same way. It's the best. I'll go ahead and add you.

R0CKY44 :thumbsup:

Shouldn't that zero be red?

As for the game it has ups and downs as far as Multiplayer, I have played with our group and had a wonderful time and we worked well as a squad and other times it has been pure unorganized caos but all in all I have really enjoyed the game.

It's funny we have had so many Spartans playing that now we have to enter certain servers with no tags or they say we are stacking because our guys are doing so well (not me at times). The other issue is there are times when you are winning and the losing side quits inturn unbalancing the game and the other side starts b1tching about being uneven when it really comes down to their side surrendering (quitting).

R0CKY44 :thumbsup:

Shouldn't that zero be red?

As for the game it has ups and downs as far as Multiplayer, I have played with our group and had a wonderful time and we worked well as a squad and other times it has been pure unorganized caos but all in all I have really enjoyed the game.

It's funny we have had so many Spartans playing that now we have to enter certain servers with no tags or they say we are stacking because our guys are doing so well (not me at times). The other issue is there are times when you are winning and the losing side quits inturn unbalancing the game and the other side starts b1tching about being uneven when it really comes down to their side surrendering (quitting).

LOL, I decided to go with bold because I took stick on another forum for the red :P

And that's one neat thing they got right, the way you can edit your clan tags so easily each time you play - hekps with situ's like you describe.

This is a total revolution of the gaming experience...
How, by removing the universally accepted tactic of getting small?
I have always as a lot of respect for DICE I always knew that they were one step ahead everybody.
And now you don't have to worry about stepping on someone in-route to that locked feature.

____

I know this is a shooter and different strokes for different folks but... come on. :D

Well So far I liked the game. Its definitely a good game. Is it the be all end all? no but I am ok with it. It has had a few problems but what game hasnt had em this last year or so. It's fun if you have a good group of guys to play with and the squad team deathmatch is pretty sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the game a lot and mainly play 'Conquest'. The big maps are very nice after the 'Domination' maps of CODMW. My only real 'er ######' comes from why some guns have been made into left handed versions. I keep muttering on about why are the ejection openings on the wrong side. :rocky:

• 2 weeks later...

That's because your an "anorak" Lancer who needs to get out more... :whistle:

I have only just got the game and giving the SP missions a go, but I will take a look at the MP over the weekend and hope to find some decent servers..

That's because your an "anorak" Lancer who needs to get out more... :whistle:

I have only just got the game and giving the SP missions a go, but I will take a look at the MP over the weekend and hope to find some decent servers..

BPR and SPARTA. :thumbsup:

I found Tug's sever in the list although it was probably early for anyone to be on yet, I guess the Sparta and BPR ones are only up when people have agreed to meet for a game?. :ph34r:

No mate between us we have three allways up two are set to rush and the other squad deathmatch.

My first impressions are that it is a laff nothing more I'ved been starved of PvP since COD4 and this will fill the void for a bit. As everyone is still going thru the ranking up ball ache I've not seen too much proper teamwork as yet.

Cheers mate, yep it was my fault, I had the wrong boxes highlighted for servers and I found yours as soon as I changed them. :wall:

As always that's all I want from a game, to enjoy playing with people I know are going to play the game the way it's meant to be played and have some fun at the same time, at the moment the public servers are full of the opposite, and trying to rank up with the basic kits can be a real pain in the neck.

I will check in again tonight and see whose playing, thanks Custard. :thumbsup:

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Highly enjoying the SP so far. A really nice change from the COD SP. I think the coop in the future titles could be very interesting.

:)

If you have the onslaught mode you should give those a try with four people, they can be really fun.

I wish they would have added more maps to that mode. It got really stale with only four maps.

Edited by dporter

I wish they would have added more maps to that mode. It got really stale with only four maps.

Agree.. It's also not very hard so the replay value isn't great either. But it's still fun for a few playthroughs.