Ghost Recon.net Forums

Forums

1. Ghost Recon: Wildlands

1. GR: Wildlands - General Discussion

All chat about Ghost Recon Wildlands

Show off your fantastic Wildlands Screenshots here!

1. GR:FS Game Zone

Post in here to arrange games with other forum members,
      or advertise or find a GR:FS Clan to join, or a Ladder to play in!

Discussion on the Xbox 360 version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Discussion on the PS3 version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Discussion on the PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Post here for technical assistance with INSTALLING and RUNNING GR:FS

6. 2011 GR titles for Handheld Gaming Systems & Wii

For discussion on the 2011 GR titles for Handheld Gaming Systems (Includes "Shadow Wars" on the Nintendo 3DS, "GR Predator" on the PlayStation Portable) and also for Ghost Recon on the Wii

1. GR: Phantoms (PC)

Forum for the Free-to-Play PC version of this title.

Forum for the Wii U version of this new title.

1. Ghost Recon: Commander

New "companion gaming" title for Facebook & Mobiles that links to the upcoming Future Soldier & GR:Online titles.

1. GR:AW 2 - Game Zone

Post in here to arrange games with other forum members.
      or to Advertise or find a GRAW2 Clan to join, or a Ladder to play in!

Post here for technical assistance with INSTALLING and RUNNING GR:AW 2

Discussion of GR:AW 2 for the Xbox 360

Discussion of GR:AW 2 for the PSP, PS3, and the Wii.

1. GR:AW - Game Zone

or to advertise or find a GR:AW Clan to join, or a Ladder to play in!

Discussion of GR:AW for the PC

Post in here for technical assistance with INSTALLING and RUNNING GR:AW.

Discussion of GR:AW for the Xbox 360

Discussion of GR:AW for the Xbox & PS2

1. GR2 Console - General Discussion

Discussion of Ghost Recon 2 for Consoles.

a READ ONLY record of discussion on the now cancelled PC version of GR2.

1. GR - Game Zone

or to advertise or find a GR Clan to join, or a Ladder to play in!

Post in here for technical assistance with INSTALLING and RUNNING Ghost Recon.

All discussions regarding console versions of Ghost Recon.

1. The Video Gaming Industry Discussion

For general and NON-TITLE specific, discussion on video gaming & It's Industry.

For discussion about software that is used to aid/enhance the gaming experience.

Discuss Console, games and hardware in here.

1. Site Feedback

Suggestions, support or otherwise, anything about these forums + website.

1. Real World Military

Discuss real world military, special forces etc. in here.

Found something hilarious on the web? Share it!

Discuss anything else in here!

Total Members
    Most Online
    DJ LFD
    Newest Member
    DJ LFD

No upcoming events found
    • So, I'm about to launch a new website and I'm looking for volunteers to stress test it as I continue to add new content, before it's launch next week. Any volunteers please PM me, thanks! 
    • Sorry but could you tell me where can I download these bots?
      Thank you.
    • Getting close to having all of the weapons put in with decent settings. Below is the list of what I have right now. There are still some additions I need to make to it, but this should give you a feel of what to expect. Let me know if there's anything you think I missed or shouldn't be on there. Once I get it finalized, I don't plan on making any major changes to it and would prefer to not have to touch it at all while I make all of the kits. What I plan on adding: HK45 (loud and suppressed variants) A few more M14 marksman variants Mk16 C-Mag (not sure I want to add this) A few more Mk17 variants M14 EBR variants from Blood Oil (not sure I want to add the drum magazine variant) P90 (loud and suppressed) SA58 variants Considerations in my mind: Drum magazines seem to be rarely used outside of a weapons like the RPD. I'm thinking about not including any of these weapons (outside of ones like previously mentioned) and forcing you to go loud if you want a high magazine capacity weapon. Further reducing non magnifying weapon zoom. Might just do 1.25 (compact weapons) and 1.5 (larger weapons) rather than 3 divisions. Removing pips outside of rockets. Haven't experimented with how this will affect gameplay, may just be a bad idea. Main goal is less point-and-click-to-win Not everyone is a fan of the floating iron sights. I should be able to make a new set of textures of just the pips and set it up as an extraction options process similar to Blood Oil's high and low resolution options. Could also do this for things like the action icons and provide room for some personalization without affecting multiplayer. In theory at least. I'm pretty happy with the OPFOR weapon selection. With that mostly settled, I can go through and adjust all the kits for all of Heroes Unleashed's game modes and get those working as well as its missions. I want that upgraded main campaign (though I'll probably add the extra missions to further down the list). Due to storage space on my SSD, I don't know when I will release another beta version. It's very possible that my next release will be after I make a bunch of kits and get them in MP.
    • Hi, DJ LFD. You can find some, i would say almost everything in official docs (link http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1074 guide, map example, etc. The GR engine can handle high-poly models, so as textures up to 2048x2048, but it seems to me, that you will meet other technical problems (instant crash, maybe). Collisions are straightforward, ghosts can't jump (but they can fall from heghts) or climb, therefore you don't need to think much about such things. All geometry is collidable by default, but you can change it at any time.   GR engine is a portal engine: portals between rooms, portals in windows all this things. So, you will need some portals on your "room level", All ingame objects such as trees are grouped with helper points which served as transformation matrix source. Using keyframes you can make transport move, doors open and some other things. Glasses, billboards, lights... As i said, most of the usefull information about map modding is in docs, but, for example, scripting  is not covered well/at all.  if only you have a lot of time :).
    • Even with dedicated players like those we have in the ghost recon community things feel like we're at a standstill and the updates are few and far between, right? Next to For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege this game seems like its just supposed to fall to the wayside. New content and updates will be here in the next few months but with these newer games coming out will there be much of a playerbase left? Look at the last ghost recon ! Future Soldier has some of the best game design and multiplayer elements I've ever seen! Yet its been given such little attention after release. If you need more evidence check out these videos from other content creators. Even the youtubers that used it to grow are leaving it because that's all that mattered to some of them, not the game.   Dom of The Dao/LostSouls/DeltaElite    
  • Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Who's Online (See full list)