Increase FPS in GRP (for PC)

MisterGrim

Hi, I am posting some tips for increasing FPS for PC players (GRP). Thanks to Jeshwanth Naidu (EU: avenge) for the tips. Please note that FPS is dependent on your CPU and GPU and ping is dependent on ur distance from the server and net speed. The below tips MIGHT help ur to increase ur FPS if u play on a laptop or old / weak config PC. Personally, I have experienced that intel CPU+ NVidia gives better and more stable fps than an AMD build.

1.) CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM AND SECURITY > POWER OPTIONS >HIGH PERFORMANCE ( CLICK IT )
2.)SEARCH BAR > ADJUST THE APPEARENCE AND PERFORMANCE OF WINDOWS > THERE CLICK ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE (DONT WORRY UR WINDOWS CHANGES THEME TO WIN 98 LOL)
3.)KEEP YOUR DESKTOP RESOLUTION INTO LEAST POSSIBLE ( CLICK RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP BACKGROUND THEN GO TO RESOLUTION)
4.) KEEP INGAME SETTINGS TO VERY LOW GRAPHICS AND IMPORTANT ADJUST THE GAME INTO WINDOWED MODE (VERY IMPOR...TANT)
5.)DISABLE SOUNDCARD U CANT LISTEN SOUND , BUT UR FPS WILL INCREASE DRASTICLY,CONTROL PANEL >HARDWARE AND SOUND >DEVICE MANAGER > SOUND (PRESS IT AND U WILL GET 5 TO 6 DRIVERS , RIGHT CLICK EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM AND DISABLE )

6.) Cntrl+alt+del>TASK MANAGER>PROCESSES> RIGHT CLICK AND CLOSE ALL REDUNDANT TASKS AFTER grp LAUNCHES, ESPECIALLY LAUNCHER REPORTER, EXPLOER AND LAUNCHER
7.) U ARE READY TO KICKASS

Edited by MisterGrim

Despite what Blame says it's appreciated. Old or not for Blame doesn't mean it's old for you so ignore him. One thing is to check the Steam community hub usually someone has made some good content that can help with everything from settings to class usage. I had mine already set this way but this seemed to help as well. It is taken from a Steam Community guide i ported over to my GDrive for future updating. Anyways welcome to GR.NET hope you stay around.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15UUwUr6bfDfzOsNSzMbbBVsP5O65ZEGI59Hlnc8tXOA/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by twcrash

Thanks for letting me know abt the RAZR GB not working with GRP, I have edited the post. And yes, the reasons are old (I didn't discover them overnight) but we have many new players in the game who might find this useful. May not be helpful for older players who already are aware of it and people with good PC configs.

twcrash, do you mind if I share that doc on my clan FB page? It's very useful

Edited by MisterGrim

share away if you have Google docs you can make a copy of it as well. And I think Game Booster will help but If it uses an overlay it might get a case of the hiccups. I know it did with Raptr when I tried it .

Edited by twcrash

by the way, one thing more.

Razer game booster doesn't work with GRP, just letting you know, its confirmed.

Razer GB DOES work with GR Phantoms.i think we forgot that GRO was beta software and probably wasn't supported due to that fact. I just installed and confirmed it does work. here is a screen shot with the framerate in left corner showing.

jFObHyll.jpg​

Edited by twcrash

Blame that isnt what Gamebooster does anyways. It stops unwanted processes from running on your system. Wether or not it gets you more frames is irrevelant. It frees up memory and cpu usage being used by other programs by stopping them while playing. I was stating the FPS was showing in the corner meaning the program was running. Whether it gets you better frames depends on your system.

Edited by twcrash