Texas Militia - Expansion Pack

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two updates.

1. Armor will not be featured, at least not any strong armor. Although many would say it would be realistic to not die when taking a hit from a low-caliber firearm while wearing armor, the engine just doesn't allow it to work well. It gets desperately frustrating when you load a full mag into a guy's gut and watch as he one-shots you with blood pouring from his torso. In real life, even if you weren't wounded, you would absorb the power of the round which could knock you down or even knock you out, which is obviously not possible with Ghost Recon. When testing I've found gameplay is much more appealing without armor, so in order to please the majority I won't be featuring it. Of course it will take a few hits to the body if they are wearing armor, but in no instance will you be invulnerable to enemy fire unless say it is a 9mm hitting you from a long range.

2. I'm going to put up some screenshots, for sure. I keep trying but Photobucket is being annoying. I want to get more environment shots rather than combat shots today, most likely from the four retextured maps...

Daisetta

Rio

Line

Two updates.

2. I'm going to put up some screenshots, for sure. I keep trying but Photobucket is being annoying. I want to get more environment shots rather than combat shots today, most likely from the four retextured maps...

if you email them to me i'll put them up on my account, how fast is your broadband? Photobucket goes a bit bonkers on low broadband speed with high packet loss

Edited by Zeealex

Here's the plotline for the first campaign (missions 01-08)

World War III is raging in the Middle East, and most of the United States Armed Forces are stationed in the fierce battlegrounds across the ocean. Because of the war, most oil production has either been shut down or the refineries destroyed in the Middle East, so several refineries have started production in the southern states. A certain hostile organization has seen this opportunity to take back the land their ancestors once owned and dominate the oil production at once, and they have struck swiftly with fairly skillful tactics. They call themselves the Restauradores de la Tierra, or the Restorers of the Land, and are possibly some of those who caused the collapse of Mexico, which is now controlled by drug lords and their soldiers. While they are not a highly skilled force, their numbers and their fanatic devotion to restoring the land that once belonged to their forefathers has proven very useful in battle. They have swept the southern states clean of resistance; the few military forces which still remained in the US were easily overpowered. The times are dark in the south: the streets are dangerous, civilians are often taken hostage or fired upon, and there is overall chaos. However, there might be one last hope. The Texas Militia has been reformed under command of Joseph Brady, legendary Texas Ranger who served 19 years fighting crime in the southern states. Brady has rounded up the local Texans, geared them up with equipment from abandoned armories, and requisitioned a large group of vehicles from multiple National Guard centers for combat against America's greatest enemy yet.

More information on the second campaign later.

These things are awesome. One word:

Mortars.

Makes the game so much more fun and realistic. It's like the airstrike or something in CoD except you have to plan it out. It is so awesome, thanks to Natsanwa's mortar launcher from the SCAR Pack. You check the distance with your binoculars. You line it up with your mortar launcher sights. You press the trigger. A mortar goes screaming into the sky and slowly starts coming down. Grabbing your binoculars, you watch as it plummets straight into your target and erupts in a grey-green explosion of shrapnel and dust. Beautiful.

I ran 'em through the light editor because Don (wombat) doesn't like doing it. Yeah he's lazy whistle.gif But he did all the retexturing, so I can't take much credit for it. I thought he did a great job.

my compliments to the two of you :thumbsup: it is indeed one fab job you've both done there ;)

that is a very vivid description there, i want to play with mortars now! :P

These mortars are hilariously awesome. Just did Team vs Team with AI backup against my dad. Need to post up one of our missions it was epic. The best was when I got 8 of his 9 men with one mortar. cool.gif

For those who want to know how close this thing is to being done......

I could release the mod right now and it (sh)ouldn't have any problems. I still want to add the last eight missions of campaign 2 though, plus some more beta-testing.

Yeah, I'll add names.

Anyone know a good place to get a list of random names? I need it where I can copy and paste, not interested in typing out 250 names. This one place I have is okay but the names are idiotic.

Mohammed Flurry

Fausto Pasquariello

Trey Tew