Frostbite

Rocky

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would like to say thanks for all of the great feedback you are giving us. I spent quite a bit of time working on various things concerning this mod, including hours on single textures that most people wont even notice :P . The small part I did, which seems like so much work to me, is absolutely nothing compared to the time Neutron and El Oso put into this mod. Im not exaggerating. Thanks guys for letting me on and doing such a great job.

Ive played through these missions and maps so many times and I still want to play more. This mod has given me new inspiration in modding as well as playing.

I had always played with the threat indicator on, but after it was taken away, it changed the game for me. I dont even want to use it anymore, but I will sneak some sensors in when I can. Usually I cant though, because Ive also started using rockets all of the time. Its seems that someone likes these in his missions very much and youll find that if you use them youll get different results from some of the mission objective targets(as opposed to just shooting the drivers as I had the habit of doing and missing some good parts of the show).

Thanks again to everyone.

I spent quite a bit of time working on various things concerning this mod, including hours on single textures that most people wont even notice :P  .

Sounds like another great mapper I know, Low Profile. He too works so hard on little details that only a minority will notice. Although some details like that might not be appreciated by all, it is the "whole" that all those little details make that puts a map into the top flight, and the modder into the realms of "god" as we have seen heh.

Great work on your 1st map - congrats.

I removed the threat indicator from the game. Simply because I don't like it and want you to crap your pants like a real soldier would.

By getting rid of this crutch you will become more in tune with your own senses. Use your ears and your eyes and you should do just fine with some practice.

It's a little nasty to remove all of it though. :o= Even the compass. :devil: Don't loose your direction wen moving fast boys. :D

I removed the threat indicator from the game. Simply because I don't like it and want you to crap your pants like a real soldier would.

By getting rid of this crutch you will become more in tune with your own senses. Use your ears and your eyes and you should do just fine with some practice.

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of it slwoly. The flaw is really in the game coding by RSE. The enemy AI are way to intuitive and always know where to look for the player. It would be nice if they had their threat indicators turned off too, but if that could have been done, I'd have tried it by now.

I have hit a bit of a problem i tryed playing it today after downloading and after about 3 mins it keeps crashing on me...i dont have any other mods running other than DS and IT....and i run the FB starter but it still crash's on my can any one help?.....

Edited by WhiteFox

I removed the threat indicator from the game.  Simply because I don't like it and want you to crap your pants like a real soldier would. 

By getting rid of this crutch you will become more in tune with your own senses.  Use your ears and your eyes and you should do just fine with some practice.

It's a little nasty to remove all of it though. :o= Even the compass. :devil: Don't loose your direction wen moving fast boys. :D

LMAO!!!

I didn't even realise it had gone. :o

The first mission was so immersive from the go I didn't even have time to check such as that AND I came under fire the second the chopper lifted off!

Finally finished the first mission after a couple restarts ( determined to keep all alive) and I reckon within the first 2 attempts my whole game style had changed. I'd always thought that I took things slow in SP missions but Frostbite has redefined the need to use all your available "senses" for me.

Said it before & I'll say it again, this is an incredible piece of work. Kudos to the team for producing one of the finest pieces of modding work around. :rocky:

I've said it before and I will say it again, the GR modding community is the best in gaming. Frostbite is a retail quality mission pack, it has raised the bar to yet a new level. The immersive quality of this mod is amazing. Brilliant!

A big old Amen! :D

Excelent environments! Wowzers! This blew me away!

The bar has been raised again by this incredable mod!

Here I am making Project-X and feeling a bit inept...lol Guess I better get back to work on it to, ya gave me a few new ideas. :wub: In fact, I added it to our download section at the MODHEADS site. Kudos to the entire team!

Now If yall will excuse me, I got to warm up the cattle prod on my team to get a move on...lol.

"Puffy"

** What a marvelous extension for GR ... Maps are Great & Nice , Colours , Sound ... Good Missions & Campagne , Skins , Weapons ... i'had just seen a little probs on SAR , ... there is only 2 Hostages on FBMPBunker ... may be its possible that the central area is a little bit too much large... AnyWay , tnx Neutron , ElOso & Friends... :wub: **

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of it slwoly. The flaw is really in the game coding by RSE. The enemy AI are way to intuitive and always know where to look for the player. It would be nice if they had their threat indicators turned off too, but if that could have been done, I'd have tried it by now.

I partially agree here but after taking a closer look at many modders’ scripts and actor ROE habits, I think some are to blame for leaving players feeling like they have a neon sign on their forehead saying "Get Your Next Victim Here".

What I have noticed and begun to dread are mission scripts that overuse the "Player Proximity", "Death Actor/Vehicle" and "Rout Team/Platoon/Company" triggers to set the opposition in motion or use the "All Cost" Movement ROE to simulate aggression, which inevitably turns into a turkey shoot. Scriptor’s who rely on these too much, cheat the player out of a chance to use stealth to out maneuver whatever defenses are in the way. If you can drop a two man patrol with a silenced weapon before they can yell or get off a shot, then reinforcements shouldn’t come running to their aid at a full sprint with no regard for their safety. In almost all mods where I find this I go ahead edit the script to feel more realistic.

This post probably doesn’t belong here because I have not played this one yet and cannot recall these authors ever doing this to excess in previous mods but im bored and still waiting for this mod to download. I can’t wait to try it!

Grum

Oh why I am I 56k!!! but luckly the great team have made it availble on CD!! yea

Without a word of a lie, the postman will not deliver you a better package this year, unless you win the lottery :blink:

Or a mouse signed by Danni Minogue

The majority of my scripts aren't that way. I do have some scripts to have the AI react to specific player actions. For the most part it is the Ghost Recon AI that is doing the work in my missions. The majority of them have a zone and a patrol. They react to gunfire on their own in a random manner. Sometimes you'll be flanked on the left and other times on the right. Sometimes they seek cover and other times they attack.

I constructed these missions this way on purpose to provide maximum replayability. I must admit there are numerous missions that put you in a "beat the clock" situation which I happen to like.

That rocks El Oso. THe download finished so I'm gonna fire it up now.

I am currently on the third mission of "Guatemala: Ides of March". The mission stories are good so far but is an example of a campagn who's scripts rely a little too heavily on "actor death" triggers.

Mission two is a "beat the clock" mission I enjoyed even though the end is busted and the disgruntled Blackhawk pilot was appearantly a little too shaken up from the "Hot" LZ to extract your team even though you lost a couple of your boys taking out the SAM for him. (J/K)

ok, i love the mod, but i think i am having some probs.

first off, where did my compass go while i have frostbite mod activated?

second, why are ghost skins changed to snow camo in original GR campaign?

third, where did the SA80 go (the best damm gun in the game)????????

is anybody else experiencing these problems??? what a great mod, i just wish i could get these minor issues straightened out.

Uncle John

To ALL the peeps who completed this MOD thank you. You have given my life meaning again. I have a purpose once again. I now have Frostbite to wake up to and to go to sleep with. From the bottom end of Africa I thank you and don't bother coming to visit cos I ain't opening the door I'm too busy with the Frostbite MOD. Even sending Dannie or even better her sister Kylie won't work I'm afraid never mind the mouse with a signature on it.

Lay low and keep 'em coming. :D

I would suggest UBI buy this MOD from you guys and sell it as an official MOD. You guys make some bucks outta your hard earned effort and the whole world gets a revamp on GR, you guys deserve more than we can give you for the effort and time. Thanks.

Great work fellas.

One thing tho.......why is it that we cant get rid of the music thats played throughout some of the missions, we have music disabled within options ? Sorry Im not familiar with modding, in fact this is the first one that has really had me serious. (WOI can be fun too)

(Like one of my buddies yelled to me on comms tonight) :lol: ---->

If your shooting for realisim then surly the Russian orchestra wouldnt be playing a concert on the hillside during your mission whilst your trying to hear your squad on comms :rocky:

I guess it wouldnt hurt to just delete the sound files in question ?

Still....Great work by EL_OSO and everyone else that was involved in this !

The most AWESOME MOD I have played to date ! !

The only thing that I would change, is some of the missions really need a few more bad guys, but thats it ! ! ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE JOB GUYS ! !

Newtron, El Oso, and the rest of your mod team, YOU GUYS ROCK ! !

We need more mods from you guys ! ! Keep up the good work ! ! AWESOME ! !

Edited by phantom110565

I played through the first four missions last night. Absolutely stunning maps - huge, detailed and atmospheric. The attention to detail is a joy - and the gameplay is great. (I've been a keen reader of this site for 18 months, but its taken this mod for me to register and comment)

Previously I've always used the TI, but its actually refreshing not to have it there to rely on - instead you have to think a bit more about positioning the ghosts well. It also adds great tension to investigating/clearing buildings.

My only criticism (and i mean this to be constructive) is the opportunity missed on Level 3 (Snipers Nest) :ph34r: . I was looking forward to a feast of sniping, but found there were too few enemies to deal with. I also had a few problems with Hostages getting killed almost regardless of my strategy. :wall:

What can I say though - this far outstrips GR, DS and IT. I'm sure us GR fans would contribute via paypal if mods like this became more frequently available.

Great work! :hehe:

Edited by egobirchy

Again, amazing mod, well done guys.

My only criticism (and i mean this to be constructive) is the opportunity missed on Level 3 (Snipers Nest)  . I was looking forward to a feast of sniping, but found there were too few enemies to deal with. I also had a few problems with Hostages getting killed almost regardless of my strategy. 

I also found this level a bit random. Having shot the lead tank to block the convoy, I found it very hard to keep the hostages alive. I finished it in the end, but I'd still like to know if there is a better method or not.

Edited by phatbenny

@John Pain: The music in the missions was added for atmosphere. It is a game after all and not a true firefight. I suppose you would critique a movie director of a war flick for adding a musical score to that too.

It's up to you to delete it if you don't care for it, but I won't assume any responsibilities for technical support on a modified version of a mission that I created.

Regarding the sniper's nest. I wasn't satisfied with the layout and had some other ideas for it, but just worked with what I had. And no, taking out the front vehicle with an AT rocket isn't the best idea. It's a real simple mission to beat once you figure out where the suspected general is located.