New Vehicles For GR:AW 2

daddy356

Hello All,

Well I have been working very hard on the DXE Decompiler, with very little success. The good news is I'm working on some new vehicles

For the game. Right now I have a new abrams tank. I took a tank from... front line fuel of war... and inserted it into the abrams with 3ds max 9.

You just have to name the new objects, the names of the old ones. and also link everything too.

OK for now, thought I'de get back too ya'll, So you didn't think I fell off the planet,

like .....(not mentioning any nemon names) I'll post videos or something when I get the tank in game.

Thank you for your time

daddy356 AKA Donald

Edited by daddy356

Kaos Studios gave you permission to use there vehicles?

Plenty of free stuff available without ripping models from other games. ;) However, if it just testing, then so be it. Would be nice to see some new vehicles in here.

Hi.

I`m new on forum but no unaware.

Well I have been working very hard on the DXE Decompiler, with very little success.

I wish you more success for Decompiler, because this is advance ( not only for vehicles ) .

The good news is I'm working on some new vehicles

thats good idea but we dont have neither those, which in the game (hemmt,m1078,apache...)

..now the tank

I have "old tank" abrams_us with gunner

-gunner is invisible because there is animation bug

-he is shoot at enemies and you can add cover order for him

-tank is resupply capable

-canon firing only for selected targets

now I`m busy, but later I put some video

that`s all

Gin

PS:sorry for my English

Hi,

I don't know much about programming, but here is a small part dxe abrams file after decomperssion, all those numbers can tell you anything?

abrams.jpg

when I was looking inside this, I have found few lines of code simmilar to c++, then i have found few lines of code simmilar to other languages....

It looks for me like some kind of dll or something, if you will make decompiler it would be really great :)

Well Ya'll,

Got the tank in the game..............It's very nice, what I have of it so far. I'm putting together a video

to show ya'll how it looks and acts. Bare with me, I have to keep jumping from xp to win 7 cause of program issues for 7

But I'll post the link to the video when i get it done.

thanks

Edited by daddy356

• 4 weeks later...

Well daro48,

I'll get them seperated each in their own zip and put them on file share then I'll post the link here.

Just take off the capital letters at the end of the abrams you want to use in the game.

You can only use one abrams at a time cause of the name issue.......................but I'm working on that.

Model Files

Edited by daddy356

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

But the fact remains that using assets from another game without the authors permission is in breach of copyright laws.

I don't think daddy356 has mentioned if he has permission but if not then I'm not sure if Rocky would host the mod in the downloads.

Blame,

We may not 'know' if he 'ported' these vehicles, but I think we can assume he did. ;) I dont think he made these models himself.

As for copyrights; I guess it all depends on where these models are coming from. There are a bunch of models free of copyright and are available to use in any project or game (as long as they are not sold and that is not the case).

:)

Edited by Spik@

Ok first of all, you can't take a model from another game and port it into this one.

You have to compleatly convert it with 3ds max, add constraints position guns write all xml files

the list goes on and on, the stryker and apache are graw2 but they work now and you can use them in missions

Further more I'm not selling them. wolfsong helped out with what he could.

I'm still waiting for the site I uploaded the mod to post it for download

besides noone cares about all that in a game that has been out as long as this one

If you are scared.... Don't download it.

i just thought other people might enjoy them. Like all the fun i have with them.