Two Signed GRAW Faceplates up for grabs

Rocky

I dunno...

Giving away faceplates just to generate hits on a sponsor's website???

Being a marketing/advertising major, I know all about marketing tactics....

This one just seems kinda dishonest to me...that's just my opinion though...

BTW....it is offically past early October!!!!

That's taking cynicism to new depths, and I take offence at the dishonesty insinuation. You can either apologise for that remark or attempt to justify it.

The thing is, I go out of my way to contact Ubisoft and ASK if they have any freebies I can GIVE AWAY to the community - and at the same time as a thank you to Ubisoft I promote one of their upcoming titles as part of the give away, and you think you know about marketing? Seems to me you just proved you know nothing apart from how to make dangerious accusations without knowing anywhere near all the facts.

And when I said "give away", of course there are costs involved in mailing out prizes, which I had hoped to recoup through the link to Ubisoft's up coming title linked to the competition, but then, you'll know all about that being a marketing major.

When you know more about the hastles and logistics involved in organising community freebies like this, then you can come to me with more than an ill informed cheap shot that makes me wonder why I bother.

In the meantime I'll be collating all the entries, picking two lucky winners and shipping the faceplates off to the USA for signing by RSE. Great prizes, shame you can't see past your own cynicism to appreciate that.

Geez.

I dunno...

Giving away faceplates just to generate hits on a sponsor's website???

Being a marketing/advertising major, I know all about marketing tactics....

This one just seems kinda dishonest to me...that's just my opinion though...

BTW....it is offically past early October!!!!

That's taking cynicism to new depths, and I take offence at the dishonesty insinuation. You can either apologise for that remark or attempt to justify it.

The thing is, I go out of my way to contact Ubisoft and ASK if they have any freebies I can GIVE AWAY to the community - and at the same time as a thank you to Ubisoft I promote one of their upcoming titles as part of the give away, and you think you know about marketing? Seems to me you just proved you know nothing apart from how to make dangerious accusations without knowing anywhere near all the facts.

And when I said "give away", of course there are costs involved in mailing out prizes, which I had hoped to recoup through the link to Ubisoft's up coming title linked to the competition, but then, you'll know all about that being a marketing major.

When you know more about the hastles and logistics involved in organising community freebies like this, then you can come to me with more than an ill informed cheap shot that makes me wonder why I bother.

In the meantime I'll be collating all the entries, picking two lucky winners and shipping the faceplates off to the USA for signing by RSE. Great prizes, shame you can't see past your own cynicism to appreciate that.

Geez.

Please accept my apologies...

I was having an incredibly bad day and took it out on an cheap target...

You're right...it was a cheap shot.

Please Forgive...

Man...the more I think about making that post, the worse I feel about it.

Rocky, please take a look at my history of posts that I've made on this site. Hopefully you will see that the post in question was WAY out of character for me...

What an ignorant self-righteous thing to say.......

Again...I apologize.

Okay here we go.... drawing the two winners right....now.....standby....

Gamertag: ccTwisty

and

Boozer Dawg

Congratulations guys. Delivery will be some weeks away as the plates are en-route to the RSE studios in NC, USA for signing before bing shipped out to your home addresses!

Sorry Kam :(

Congrats Twisty and Boozer - nice job guys and thanksto gr.net for making this happen.

Thanks Rocky! I'm freaking out. I've never really won anything.

Curious, how many of us GRAW nuts tried to get this thing? Not that that would curb my excitment or anything.

ccTwisty

Congrats Twisty and Boozer - nice job guys and thanksto gr.net for making this happen.

Thanks Rocky! I'm freaking out. I've never really won anything.

Curious, how many of us GRAW nuts tried to get this thing? Not that that would curb my excitment or anything.

ccTwisty

Don't mention it, I'm just really glad they are going to people who appreciate them, the fans, that's the main thing.

About the numbers, I keep telling people this, but you would not believe how few entries I get for competitions, people just DO NOT believe they will ever win! I'd say, at a conservative estimate, over 15,000 people saw this competition, but less than half on one percent actually sent in an entry!

This is backed up by the e-mails I get from winners the always say "I never win ANYTHING, this is great!" LOL!

So congrats, you won a really special prize, there are only 3 signed faceplates I know about, and what with the dev team now on the winners roll at the BAFTA awards, it makes them even more special - all for the price of an e-mail, how cool is that!

there are only 3 signed faceplates I know about, and what with the dev team now on the winners roll at the BAFTA awards, it makes them even more special - all for the price of an e-mail, how cool is that!

Salt in the wounds man, salt in the wounds.

But yeah, thanks for giving me the cahcne.

• 1 month later...

Awesome, thanks for posting the photo, I had not seen the signed versions. Sorry it took so long to get it to you, but hey, a nice early Christmas present eh?

The sigs, clockwise are from the RSE team:

Clark Gibson, Lead Engineer

Robbie Edwards, Producer

Brian Tate, Lead Artist

Myself, Lead Designer

We thought about having the whole team sign them, but then you would just have a faceplate covered in black ink! :)