Possible rig update? :-)

Blame

Any thoughts on this thing? I'm not really good at putting things together and I've decided that if I get a new rig, I might as well build it myself (but having no experience I hope not to mess it up).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1GOC1Z24LI1GM/ref=topnav_lists_1

With the release of the new GTX 900 series, I'm currently leaning more on the 980 than the 970, but the price difference is pretty big.

• Like 1

Personally I would ditch the Xonar sound card, the on-board sound card will be more than capable.

And I would use the money I saved towards a second SSD Drive , around 150GB i would use this for the OS and OS related software and keep the 250GB one for my Programs.

Well, that's what I've been thinking about, do I really need a soundcard?

And I totally forgot to add a HDD in there.

About the SSD, I thought putting the OS and all the programs on the same one, so rest of the stuff would go on the HDD.

I would also look at other cooler system besides the CM 212 (I use it) I think for that rig and expense you should check out a water colling unit. I just dont think that 212 is gonna be enough. For me its fine but I am sure I dont tax my system half as much as you. Also Water cooled is really cheap these days

Also I love Tek Syndicate been following them awhile. Great video I forgot all about. Matter of fact FB posted it up. Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by twcrash

Currently there's no OS in the list, but there's a good reliable hardware store in the capital, I'm thinking about W8.1.

That would also be the store I would pretty much get the same stuff, but on Amazon the prices are a bit better and there are no 900 series cards here yet and I don't know for how long that will be as I don't want to wait too long (already waited a very long time), since October and November...well they're not far away.

About water cooling, now I have absolutely no idea how to install that, I might have to spend another 2 hours looking up How To do this and do that.

I'm more worried about wires, as that's where my brain just malfunctions.

• 1 month later...

interesting article about Intel cooking their benchmarks for compete with the AMD Athlon X2 series. I still say they cook the books since they are in bed with all of the benchmark companies. It's like owning the inspectors who check your products. Here is the Tek Syndicate show about it.

Edited by twcrash
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Boys and girls, I have an update, I've decided to bail on my Amason wish list, after comparing the prices + shipping from the US to Estonia, I literally though about shooting myself, so I deleted the list.

After that I thought I'd quickly go and check Amazon UK, surprisingly the EVGA GTX980 SC ACX2.0 is worth the order from UK, 580 euros in total, 610 euros from US (and the GPU is the only thing worth buying from outside Estonia, since its cheaper to buy and ship it from the UK than buy one here from a retailer, prices range between 600-800 euros).

Now, the main reason why I came back to this topic, I have to choose 2 items, 2 categories, between 4 items in total.

Mouse: Zowie FK1 or Razer Taipan Expert Ambidextrous(I like the looks of the white Taipan), but if to compare these two, how much behind would the Taipan be, in terms of performance.

Monitor: Asus VG248QE or Benq XL2411Z, I like Asus better, but the price difference is 30 euros (Benq being cheaper), what's the main difference between those 2? Because they seem to be on par with size(24 inch), refresh rate(144hz) and response time(1ms).