Mission #2: coup d'etat

Hi there

Enjoying this game more than I thought after reading some negative comments around the web.

Definately a case of "stick with it" and trust your own judgement.

Am at the above checkpoint after blowing up the petrol tanker and have received new objective.

A tank bursts onto the scene....are you supposed to attempt to destroy it ?? If so, with what weapons ?? Is there a dropped RPG around ??

My fellow ghosts are not equipped ( as far as I can tell ) to destroy the tank.

If you are unable to destroy the tank, are you expected to avoid contact at all costs and continue onto the objective ??

cheers and thanks in advnace for your assistance

Bagman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm around the same point as this guy, but I'm playing on easy (this is about all I can handle after playing fun but super arcady BF2 all the time). Does the tank not come on easy? A jeep with a machine gun comes, but I didn't see a tank. I died last time though, so maybe the tank comes later.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a little problem.

I'm at the car garage, I get to the Heli and I get a rocket off it to destroy the tank. But I can't seem to be able to use the thing. :wall:

I re-played that point gave it to another and they didn't want to use it after I send the attack command.

I left clicked the rocket and the sight starts to come up never activates so I can't aim it. :blink:

Any freak'in clue as what I did wrong. :huh:

Alright, I'm around the same point as this guy, but I'm playing on easy (this is about all I can handle after playing fun but super arcady BF2 all the time). Does the tank not come on easy? A jeep with a machine gun comes, but I didn't see a tank. I died last time though, so maybe the tank comes later.

The tank comes on the eastern side of the petrol-station. You're on the western side, right?

Yeah if you take a certain route I think eastern then you can bypass the tank entirely and get to the building with minimal resistance. I played it on normal and never met the tank and then played the mission on coop and when we got there the tank killed me and I was like what the crap.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a little problem.

I'm at the car garage, I get to the Heli and I get a rocket off it to destroy the tank. But I can't seem to be able to use the thing. :wall:

I re-played that point gave it to another and they didn't want to use it after I send the attack command.

I left clicked the rocket and the sight starts to come up never activates so I can't aim it. :blink:

Any freak'in clue as what I did wrong. :huh:

Hold down the right mouse to use the sight it will lock onto a heatsource then fire

Can you shoot it from the rooftop? I kept getting an target obstructed message or something.

So hold down the right mouse and when it locks on hit the left mouse button to fire?

I tried this about 3 times and couldn't get it to fire. I'm sure its me, but just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

1.You can engage the tank from the rooftop as long as your in a full upright position, just make sure you've dealt with the snipers first.

2.Hold your water...You should hear an audible "beeping" tone as the Zues acquires the heat source, once its got lock the tone changes and you'll see "Target Locked"...Game over!

3. Always check your back blast area.

Got It. It was kinda tough. To "lock on" which was my problem, it takes a little while and if you don't clear most of the tango's down there, they nail when you pop your head over the wall.

Took me about 4 or 5 tries. Moving on to the next mission.

• 2 months later...

Hello, people.

I"m having a little problem in mission 2. When I make the drop from the helicopter, one of my teammates are getting stucked inside a building. He uses the same rope that I use. I tried to go down before him, but in that way, I'm the one who get inside the ######ing place... And there's no way out. Have this happened for anyone here? How can I make the drop without this happen??? Please, help me.

mission%2002.jpg

:wall: Going over and over this point trying to find a way to begin the mission without this glitch I only made things worse. Now I have two soldiers trapped inside the building instead of just one. I don't know what to do to make this happen. :wall:

RAbbi_74, what's TK? I'm brazilian and I don't get all of ur expressions...

• 3 weeks later...

I had to run a clean reinstallation of GRAW due to an issue with my graphics card. Started campaign all over again!!!!! Got to the top level in carpark (in Coup de'tat) and need to re-supply from the Blackhawk but the anti tank weapon is not in the list??? What's going on? Don't tell me I've got to do another reinstall!! :wall:

Anybody had this? know how to fix it?

Mike. <_<

It should be in the list when you click on the (blank) third inventory tab, to the right of your sidearm/pistol. I don't believe there's a visual cue to that being a functional slot, but if you select that tab, the Zeus should be available.

better yet, when you get to the chopper at the top of the car garage, walk up to the chopper, i think the on screen help says to pres "x". this will bring up a screen where yo ucan reload. in the choppers inventory, select the zeus and then go kill the tank simple