Disappointed when is GR 3 coming out ?

dayglowfroggy

Bought this game because I wanted to play the massive co-op maps like on GR2 if I wanted frustrating multiplayer then I could play cod or any one of the other clones.

I don't mind if they use vertually all of GR2 but just give us extra maps etc ..

I hate having to earn weapons in multiplayer unless you play hours and hours you just get killed without a chance it even feels like your doing something wrong as you get the drop on someone only to get killed as they have better guns , one word PANTS .

GR2 was wicked but i will be selling FS as soon as I finish the single player .

Can't get gorilla to work as it only alows friends was hoping it would be co-op like GR2 but no .

Does anybody on here know of any alternatives that have a similar experiance to GR2 ?

On the xbox, the only thing that comes close to the same coop feel would be the Operation Flashpoint games. They have their own problems, but they're worth a look if you have some friends to play with.

From the way they went with this game, i doubt they will go back even if there is a GR:FS2, This game has no lasting value, and it gets repetitive fast, Its like GOW now where you just pick it up every once in a while just to kill some locust but then after a hr or so its back to the pile of games that you hardly play. I really hope OFP makers are watching and see this foolishness because the only thing that really killed OFP:RR was the 4 player limitation (just like GR:FS) and their jacked up servers, long loads and some noticeable bugs. Other than that it's way better than GR:FS in my opinion.

Co-op is the best in my opinion, as it is in most others. I have never had a more hardcore, intense, and epic gaming experience than leading a six-human-player squad on the M12 Docks mission on ApexMods's server, we had zero casualties and all objectives completed. I love teamwork and you don't get that in PvP unless you know the people or they pay attention to you.

From the way they went with this game, i doubt they will go back even if there is a GR:FS2, This game has no lasting value, and it gets repetitive fast, Its like GOW now where you just pick it up every once in a while just to kill some locust but then after a hr or so its back to the pile of games that you hardly play. I really hope OFP makers are watching and see this foolishness because the only thing that really killed OFP:RR was the 4 player limitation (just like GR:FS) and their jacked up servers, long loads and some noticeable bugs. Other than that it's way better than GR:FS in my opinion.

The four player limitation didn't matter. If it didn't have the bugs, people would still play it.

The four player limitation didn't matter. If it didn't have the bugs, people would still play it.

I hear what you're saying but i beg to differ. Had RR allow in it's co-op game play units, like Alpha and Bravo etc and about a 12 player limit with 4 man teams, then even with the bugs we would have had so many ppl playing for that reason alone. I can't tell you the amount of friends on my list that did not pick it up because we could not run a larger room like GRAW2. We loved to play Exfiltration on Graw2 and we wanted to apply the same game play experience to the CSAR missions on RR. Dont' get me wrong we enjoyed the game play, but i kid you not the limitations to the amount of players allowed in Co-op killed it for a lot of ppl. I have about 30 members of my unit alone and we've been running together for years now. It sucks when you have to tell your friends (no room available) i know they can create their own room but its just not the same.

I hear what you're saying but i beg to differ. Had RR allow in it's co-op game play units, like Alpha and Bravo etc and about a 12 player limit with 4 man teams, then even with the bugs we would have had so many ppl playing for that reason alone. I can't tell you the amount of friends on my list that did not pick it up because we could not run a larger room like GRAW2. We loved to play Exfiltration on Graw2 and we wanted to apply the same game play experience to the CSAR missions on RR. Dont' get me wrong we enjoyed the game play, but i kid you not the limitations to the amount of players allowed in Co-op killed it for a lot of ppl. I have about 30 members of my unit alone and we've been running together for years now. It sucks when you have to tell your friends (no room available) i know they can create their own room but its just not the same.

I can understand what you're saying. And I'd have no problem with giving you a larger team. But the real problems (the one's that got the studio shut down down) were the bugs. Especially the atrocious AI. Once word of mouth spread, it killed sales.

Had the sales not been dismal, or an effort actually been made to fix the bugs, we may well have seen more OFP games. Possibly with larger squads.

Edited by Sgt. SuperSanity

Bought this game because I wanted to play the massive co-op maps like on GR2 if I wanted frustrating multiplayer then I could play cod or any one of the other clones.

I don't mind if they use vertually all of GR2 but just give us extra maps etc ..

I hate having to earn weapons in multiplayer unless you play hours and hours you just get killed without a chance it even feels like your doing something wrong as you get the drop on someone only to get killed as they have better guns , one word PANTS .

Can't get gorilla to work as it only alows friends was hoping it would be co-op like GR2 but no .

Does anybody on here know of any alternatives that have a similar experiance to GR2 ?

Not having a go at ya.. But for consoles (at least xbox) the series went like this:

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Ghost Recon 2

Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike

Ghost Recon AW

Ghost Recon AW2

Ghost Recon FS

If they want to make a lot of old school console players happy, they should give us back 1st person view, fresh graphics, and blind siege like in summit strike.. But no, they had to go and re-invent multiplayer by grapping stuff from games like Gears, MGS, COD etc., and call it theirs.. :yawn:

Not having a go at ya.. But for consoles (at least xbox) the series went like this:

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Ghost Recon 2

Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike

Ghost Recon AW

Ghost Recon AW2

Ghost Recon FS

If they want to make a lot of old school console players happy, they should give us back 1st person view, fresh graphics, and blind siege like in summit strike.. But no, they had to go and re-invent multiplayer by grapping stuff from games like Gears, MGS, COD etc., and call it theirs.. :yawn:

I don't think they ever claimed it was theirs. They freely admitted taking inspiration multiple times.

My two cents is that nobody bought GRFS because they wanted to play gears of war, call of duty, metal gear solid, or anything else. People bought GRFS because they wanted to play ghost recon. I feel Ubisoft and Redstorm failed in a big way by doing what they've done. I understand that the desire to mainstream GR and optimize profits was probably the driving force...but...the simple facts are that 1.) the tactical shooter market is a niche market and it isn't mainstream...and...2.) I don't remember any franchise being successful by emulating the competition...originality is key, innovation is key, not replication. Furthermore if they were going to replicate anything, they should have replicated their previously successful formulas.

I disagree, people would still play it if it:

- Didn't have enemy SpecOps with invisible power armour that try to snipe you with shotguns.

- Retained the openess of Dragon Rising.

- Had loads more weapons and attachment options within each class.

- Lost the repetative mission structure when fighting the PLA - it goes like this: Move to position. Hold out against PLA attack. Get overwhelemed by PLA attack. Fall back to new position (and get shot in the legs in the process so you can no longer run). Hold out against PLA attack. Get overwhelmed by PLA attack. Fall back to new position..... There was like three or four missions that were like that.

The new DLC is actually a lot of fun and brings a bit more to the game. I agree that it gets old fast, but with the new maps and gametype you can play for hours. I think GFRS needs more gametypes and needs to balance some things out and stabilize the servers. But you can't win them all when it comes to making a game, so yeah if you trade it in that is up to you and that is perfectly fine :) maybe the next Ghost Recon game will be better. Who knows ^.^