is BlackFoot Studios doing work for GR3 ???

I don't know who it was or what it means, but there was a jsonedecker vieiwing this thread at the same time as me about 10 minutes ago.

That would be THE John Sonedecker from Black Foot Studios. :yes:

(See previous posts for link to his site.)

Yeah. He's still showing on my "users reading this forum list" too. I looked up his previous posts and unless someone is spoofing the account, I'd say it's the same guy.

Not that he'll post any confirmations (or likely denials), but it's nice to see the one of the GR developers still keeping up with the community happenings, whether he's involved in the new ones or not.

Thanks for the great game! :notworthy:

Edited by QB-Paladin

Yeah. He's still showing on my "users reading this forum list" too. I looked up his previous posts and unless someone is spoofing the account, I'd say it's the same guy.

Not that he'll post any confirmations (or likely denials), but it's nice to see the one of the GR developers still keeping up with the community happenings, whether he's involved in the new ones or not.

You are welcome! :D

I always tried to keep up with the GR community even though my previous game was not really related to anything GR or even modern military for that matter, but I'll probably be poking around here a bit more now.

We are hoping to release some more information about BlackFoot Studios and what we are doing in the coming weeks. That information will surely be posted here at GR.net.

-John

Also guys remember that "BlackFoot Studios" are doing work for RSE.

http://www.blackfoot-studios.com/pages/clients.htm

Blackfoot Studios is headed up by one of the big names behind the original GR1 John Sonedecker.

There is a very good chance that they could be doing "Content" for GR3.

I'm at work and don't have my GR manual handy to look up the credits, BtK. What did John do on the original GR? I looked up his posts Thursday, but didn't gleen from them anything about how he was involved.

:stupid:

He is credited as "lead artist" in the GR manual, and as "artist" in Island Thunder. He is also listed as having provided "additional art" for Desert Siege. :thumbsup:

Ah, ok. So mapper/3D Studio Max guru. :)

I was really hoping you guys were going to say Project Manager or Lead Desginer...something more on the gameplay side of things. ;)

Not that it wouldn't be nice to have some of the GR mapping talent in on the next one (non-linear maps [hint, hint]!) :whistle:

You are welcome!  :D

I always tried to keep up with the GR community even though my previous game was not really related to anything GR or even modern military for that matter, but I'll probably be poking around here a bit more now.

We are hoping to release some more information about BlackFoot Studios and what we are doing in the coming weeks. That information will surely be posted here at GR.net.

-John

:) Great news! It is always great to see someone in the game industry that takes a few moments of their personal time to talk to the fans and let them know the current state of things to come.

Thanks for taking the time to post here John, and I eagerly await your future postings... :thumbsup:

Swartz is workin on GR3!

He didn't tell me, or anyone, but I just put a few pieces together.

Blackfoot is working on GR3 + Swartz is working for Blackfoot=Swartz is working on GR3!!!!

Cool dude! Congrats!

Forgive me if I'm wrong....

Think you just might be jumping a slight little bit to premature conclusions here snake....and even if you ain't I seriously doubt you will get any confirmations of your thoughts untill you have a copy of GR3 in your hands and can read the credits.

You are welcome! :D

-John

Awesome stuff on your site, especially the maps. Only one tiny problem that I've noticed with any of it.

M4 Mod A

I do believe that someone forgot to finish the magazines on the M4, at least for a render showing them off like that.

Other then that, everything there is absolutely awesome. :thumbsup:

I'm at work and don't have my GR manual handy to look up the credits, BtK. What did John do on the original GR? I looked up his posts Thursday, but didn't gleen from them anything about how he was involved.

Mr. Sonedecker is behind some of the all-time fan-favorite/award-winning levels in both the Ghost and Rainbow franchises. (From working on the original Rainbow Six game and to consulting with Ubi Montreal on Raven Shield) .

With regards to GR1, he was the a lead artist/lead level builder and was very generous with his time contributing to the fan community through answering questions in forums, accepting interviews, and developing both mods and modding tools all on his own free-time and without any financial compensation from RSE/Ubi.

Even after he left RSE, many suspect that he was behind the professional Ossetian Woodlands mod for GR released by Battleborne, where John served as Creative Director.

Some might say the GR modding community might not have got as far as it has without John's advocacy and support from the "inside" the industry. :ph34r:

Before to many people start getting all worked up, remeber that BlackFoot Studios also contracts with the military to produce assets for training simulators... specifically weapons and vehicle models. :thumbsup:

The work currently being done for the game industry is completely done internally and does NOT use any assets that may be created by any outside contractors that I am using.

I hate to be blunt, but things tend to get blown out of proportion quickly. ;)

-John

P.S. Thanks for the positive comments though.

All I know is that I really dig John's work on the games I love to play. He has been a big influence on how the games look and feel in my book and pleasing me is hard to do (I am one picky SOB). I hope he continues to support fans of his work in any way possible even if it is mod tools or pointers for the many talented modders out there.

Thanks John. :thumbsup:

Swartz is workin on GR3!

He didn't tell me, or anyone, but I just put a few pieces together.

Blackfoot is working on GR3 + Swartz is working for Blackfoot=Swartz is working on GR3!!!!

Cool dude! Congrats!

Forgive me if I'm wrong....

Where did you get the idea that Blackfoot is working on GR? I could be wrong, but I see no reason to think that...

As John says guys, lets not jump to any conclusions yet.

All I pointed out was that Blackfoot Studios had Red Storm as a Client.So there was a chance that they may possibly be doing some work towards GR3.They may not, as RSE has other projects, as does Blackfoot.

Until we hear any confirmation we don't know.But as GR1 was worked on by John I'm sure he'd be interested in working on a sequel if he was offered the chance.

We're unlikely to hear anything before E3, so lets just be patient.

I wasn't aware Swartz worked for Blackfoot, but i'm not suprised as he has some real skillzzzz in that department, good on him.