Speakers - Recommendations

Dick Splash

I think CREATIVE labs have the best quality over quantity for producing, if it's for gaming or movies I'm not so sure, best place is YouTube for reviews, IMO headphones work out better, also depends how well sound proof your "room" is too.

I have a pair of Presonus Eris E4.5's that I love. They sound phenomenal, and as near-field monitors, room treatment isn't as necessary as it would be for larger speakers. (That said, that my room is treated) I use them in conjunction with a subwoofer, as the Eris 4.5's frequency response rolls off below about 70 Hz. A pair of Eris E8's would be my next upgrade, but at $500/pair, I can't afford them.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to use all those speakers but once I started playing LOUD games I had to switch to headphones. I use some basic Logoitech headsets but I also own a set of Title Beach XL1's Which I haventy used yet. I guess it depends what you want out of them. I think you can get some great speakers out there for fairly cheap as long as you don't fall for the "It's gotta be Beats or nothing" crowd. I still love Bose speakers. Have used the same set of Bose for 20+ years on my TV and stereo in the living room.

• 4 weeks later...