Are we (GR PC Gamers) LEFT BEHIND?

...and STILL NO NEWS IN OUR ANTICIPATED GAME? I prefer YES or NO answers only but with explanation. I warn you that this post would be a forum post of opinions not debate okay? just need to know what do GR PC gamers feel right now.

My answer is YES I am left behind because its been a long time of waiting GR3 is now coming its impossible to make releases of sequels near to each other-> MARKET STRAT

The consoles have had their versions of GR2 for months (end of November IIRC - in the UK anyway, don't know if the US got it earlier (probably did) lol). PC has absolutely no information about it whatsoever. They've got it, we haven't. So yes, we've been left behind.

Edited by Gav80

Yes. Left in the dust kicked up by the XBOXer's. :( I don't really mind waiting if we do indeed get GR2 PC but I have many doubts about what is going on with the production or lack of production at RSE. :wall:

Did u ppl noticed that on the ubi's site ghost recon 2 - pc is marked as "coming soon", there is even a link from "pc" tab to the official site of GR2.

2 WhiteKnight:

Yep, its uk site

Edited by Anarchy

Did u ppl noticed that on the ubi's site ghost recon 2 - pc is marked as "coming soon", there is even a link from "pc" tab to the official site of GR2.

Is that the US site or the UK site. Right now the US Ubi site has the PC tab greyed out and inaccessable.

I bet reading all the speculation on these forums is a good topic of conversation amongst the devs at RSE during lunch!! :D

It is getting down right brutal over at the UBI GR2 PC forum.

Man I don't think E3 can get here any faster!!! 47 more days :tumbleweed:

Edited by Cutter

Do UBI even have a marketing department? From their skills with GR2 (PC) and RvS, I'm starting to think not.

But yes we have been forgotten. If it was to be released we would have heard something by now. And if that is correct then it's a long, long way off from release. Thus taking us back to the GR3 idea.

The silence is killing me.

A simple Yes, No or Maybe are fine. A +4 month old press release or comment won't do.

By the silence, you would think they are making it into the next big PC title.

...That is if it is still being made.

anything would be nice, personally i think both co's got themself's in the MOD EDIT when they did the console release 1st...

i wouldn't be supprised to find them filing for bankruptcy in the future because of it...

Do not bypass the swear filter.

Edited by NYR_32

i wouldn't be supprised to find them filing for bankruptcy in the future because of it...

Will never happen.

I sick and tired of this garbage myself, I only own one FPS that isent a redstorm product, and I didnt like the game. There is no good excuse for not having said something at this point, and honestly I dont really care anymore.

I sick and tired of this garbage myself, I only own one FPS that isent a redstorm product, and I didnt like the game. There is no good excuse for not having said something at this point, and honestly I dont really care anymore.

UBI had me with the first release of Ghost Recon, but now I to could care less. I'm not waiting for the next UBI product...... I'm waiting for the next best game to come out, whether its made by Atari or Sega, any new FPS game is better than the current release of GR2. They took 2 steps forward with GR and 10 steps back with GR2. bad bad bad.

I used to come to this forum for "news" on the new release, but it has been more than obvious that UBI doesn't want it previous PC fan base to stick around for the "sequel". pfft

I agree with everyone. We, the PC gamers, made GR popular. I guess this is our reward. We've been left behind.

I've been following the release date for GR2 for quite some time. But I have given up. I'm currently looking at other games from other developers. Any recommendation?

Ubi sucks. Maybe they'll get bought out by EA or someone. Or maybe an asteroid will hit their HQ and wipe them out. Who cares!!!

:tumbleweed: Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharrarrrrrraaaaarrrr......... Wowowow.

The silence is deadly.

Q1 2005 (which we've just entered) is the official release window for GR2 PC.

RSE tend to complete by their expected release dates.

Normally i would still go with that, but to release 2 GR titles within 12 months on the PC don't make sense to me, with GR3 announced for Q3 of this fiscal year.

I think it would be fair to say the RSE team is split down the middle, half working on RS Lockdown, the rest on GR. (Xbox and PC versions)

But for those working on GR, it's still a huge undertaking to churn out another Full game in 12 months.But not impossible if those who were working on RS Lockdown (which is nearly complete) then move onto the GR3 team.

Does RSE have any other projects online??

I'm convinced in my mind that GR2 PC has been dropped in favour of GR3, and i'm sure RSE and UBI, want a product that will compete on ALL platforms with the others out there.

The lack of news on GR2 PC sure is frustrating but to announce now that GR2 PC is no more, could be damaging PR wise as it would leave a large chunk of GR Fans/PC gamers deflated,and UBI with nothing to show them yet.

To try and hold out until there is something to soften the blow, like details, screens/demos etc of GR3 will be more favourable to UBI's PR.And more likely at E3 this year.

Consoles may reap the higher sales, but the PC market is too large to ignore. So I dont see PC gamers being left out ,at least not at the moment, over the next 10 yrs maybe as the PC becomes more redundant with The little console box that does it all becoming the main focus of home entertainment.

At an inflexion point for PCs, UBI and other game developers are trying to kill them. Ghost Recon 2 is a data point.

I am in the process of deciding what my next computer will be. The goal is to be able to access the Internet and play games like Ghost Recon II on a 1280X720p RCA Scenium DLP, and a PVR function would be nice.

Windows Media Center Edition on a Shuttle PC with an ATI HDTV-In-Wonder card is one option. But, if Ghost Recon II and other games are not going to be released in a timely manner if at all, then an X-Box 2 becomes a serious alternative. A decision will be made in November by me and millions of others.

So a word to Intel, AMD, ATI, NVidia, GigaByte, Dell, etc...: If you believe the future of your business is linked to the success of PCs, then you will strongly encourage (invest in) UbiSoft and other developers who are effectively abandoning the PC platform.

A word to Microsoft: Do you really want to encourage the death of the PC in the home? You are. I can take my work laptop home when I need to do Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Access/Project, VisualStudio, etc. I will be seriously considering buying an X-Box 2 for $300 instead of a PC that I would pay $150 for Windows Media Center Edition and upgrading my personal copies of Office 2000 and VisualStudio. To the game companies like UbiSoft, it's expendable income I will more likely send their way if the home PC dies.

A word to UbiSoft: I need Ghost Recon II for my PC by the first of May, or I will most likely wait for an X-Box 2 in November.

-Tom Schaefer

I will probably not buy GR2 even if it comes out on PC.

I loved the first one and RvS as well which I played for a year with my clan actively.

The thing is that I refuse to be this "puppet" that they think will buy their products only because I liked the first one.

Based on my impressions on the console version I might not lose out on alot of stuff, though you never know they might surprise me.

Not going to say that I won`t buy more GR titles that will come in the future, but I think it is reasonable that players get down over it.

GR was primarily a PC title and now alot of players are clearly feeling left behind.

Why they haven`t been more actively in terms of the fanbase and the PC version is beyond me and to be quite honest pretty cruel towards the people that buy their products and have inspired new players to pick it up and keep it alive over a long time with various mods.

Not slamming UBI totally, sure they probably have a reason for their "behaviour" but to clearify the progress of the PC version would take like what....10 min on the most forward forums for one of their games.

Ghost Recon 2 for the PC is in development.

We will release information as soon as we are further along with the game.

Well then, lets not let them forget what they said. =)

Edited by Vir2L

I am afriad that WE PC gamers are being left behind for the consoles.

I believe that:

GR2 will be console only. GR3 will be PC but when?

RvS Lockdown WILL be released, but it may be the LAST of its series, for the PC.

Great Co-Op MP games will be hard to find, if at all. Just look at BF series and a few others.

I am sad that the Ghost Recon that I have enjoyed for these years may be coming to a close. I treid the X Box version, and I must say I did not enjoy it. I am just not a console gamer. Odd, a few years ago, the consoles had to wait for their ports to appear. Now it is WE who must wait for our PC games to appear. :wacko:

I think the question is not that is it in development but has that development become GR3.

As for Home PC's will never die, anyone who puts money on it is sure to lose out.

With the advancing technologies of mobiles, and console entertainment offering a box, that plays games/films/satelite TV/Internet browsing etc... The PC as we know it will become redundant in the home.

It will eventually be confined to the Office Workhorse.

Ghost Recon 2 for the PC is in development.

We will release information as soon as we are further along with the game.

Well then, lets not let them forget what they said. =)

Oh yeh, they really should get around to changing that "is" to "was".