GRAW 2 + Antialiasing (AA) - Now Available !

Wow, game look s great but an unbelievable hit on FPS. I must have been down to a totally unplayable 4 or 5 FPS there with my 8800GTS.

I'll play around and see what setting works out best. Certainly if you have a monster rig, the game looks fantastic with AA on.

If you look at the screen shots, there is a FPS counter in the top r/h corner.

No AA- 122 fps

With AA- 57 fps.

You would need a really good PC to compensate for those losses.

I hope there is a solution as this is just what we need for GRAW 2.

Couldn't wait, I just had to try this.

Click thumb for larger image:

post-20090-12950473778835_thumb.jpg

Using your settings I had a loss of around 15 - 20 fps but as you can see by the image it's still quite high. :)

That was only a quick test but will try more tomorrow.

Yes, this game is definetely cool, quite similar to the original, and looks great with AA, some of the HUD eliminated plus no blue diamonds and a cool mod like brettzie's. Hope to be able to play it on surround very soon, gonna open a new topic if i succeed, for the ultimate GRAW 2 GFX experience. thumbsup.gif

graw2 2011-01-15 14-18-44-032.jpg

Hi folks.

I tried that, but it ends in 40 fps, dropping down when the first AI is spotting me. It drops down to 1-2 fps.

4x 3,2 Ghz Q6600 "G0" (FSB=4x400)

Nvidia GTX280

4 GB Mushkin @ 800 DDR2 (Ram/FSB = 1/1)

I dont believe its up to the hardware.

Think i´ve to screw down the PhysX from "Extreme" to "Normal".

Regards

Ares

I dont believe its up to the hardware.

Oh its definetely up to the hardware, its the only limit now ;) , im running it all maxed, including PhysX extreme, plus AA 8xMSAA + 8xTrSSAA, and get 90 - 120 FPS at 1680x1050, no FPS drops at all, ill probably need to set AA to 4xMSAA at 5040x1050, but thats because of the 1536mb VRAM limit of my setup.

A single GTX 280 is still a good VGA setup by depending on the resolution you're playing it may lack balls enough to handle it, specially with PhysX extreme. thumbsup.gif

Tweakguides have edited an update into the GRAW 2 tweakguide to include this information.

Wow cool, i love that site.

Well getting back on topic here in the GR:AW 2 (PC) - Tech Support sub-forum, i have another great news, specially to multi monitor users - we will have surround support for GRAW 2 very soon, probably till the end of the week. Its a refreshed gfx experience to run GRAW 2 with antialiasing plus proper aspect ration on three monitors. :yes:

Rocky, you should definetely try both GR and GRAW 2 with AA + triplewide.

I will open a new topic on this subject very soon, like a Pushing the oldie to the limit part 2. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow is that neeto! It would be really interesting to hear how this is actually working with deferred render passes. NVIDIA Inspector Tool is also one fine tweak tool, and just thought I'd post the original Author's direct link in the event he ever updates...

It would also be quite cool if this method could be made to work with other games that use deferred render like, OGRAW, Lead And Gold, and more recently Breach. Even though I knew GRAW 2's compatibilty flag almost certainly woudlnt work wtih Breach I gave it quick whirl and had my doubts confirmed. If you've got a direct line to those Rage 3D fellers Mister thales100, be nice to learn more.

:thumbsup:

Hey thanks for posting, well its up to Rocky to direct to the authors page, although since the subject here is one specific game (GRAW 2), and the version uploaded (1.9.3) works with the title, its fine imo.

GRAW (original) works too with the same flag, as ive posted here.

You may check Rage3D' original post here, and also guru3D' here.

GRAW 2 antialiasing and surround support thread can be found here.

:thumbsup: