No Easy Day by DTD

Rocky

I really like NED. I hope they fixed the few irritating problems this time for the v 1.5.

You gotta give some credit to these fine people for the over all feel of the game. The music from BHD (movie) is awsome (v 1.4). Talk about adding some moody theme music.

The package is also great (weapons, skins and maps), if not at times simpley amazing.

Did anyone get to try the newest version out? What were the main changes that struck you as an improvement?

Thanks DTD for your super talents and keeping GR alive!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone get to try the newest version out? What were the main changes that struck you as an improvement?

>New for version 1.5--48 selectable MP characters, known bugs fixed, over a dozen new selectable enemy weapons added such as the AK74SU-Squad wep, AK47 W/GL, SCAR assault wep, RPG-7, "M4 Taskforce", M4 Samco, and many more. Also added were more claymore and C4 kits for each category. Truthfully, too much to list. Even if you had the previous version, get the latest and probably last version of No Easy Day!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Whisper 44. But, I wanted some members here that actually played the new version and their comments about the game play, music, etc.

With Alpha Mod, DTD Pro, plus NED, I spent too much time selecting weapons.

ITS A GOOD THING!!! Don't get me wrong.

The sound both music and weapon sounds are great. Maybe I'm hearing too much into it, but there is actually differences with the types of weapons.

Your ears will thank you if you couple this with 5.1 speakers.

the zings...

the ricochets...

the M16, M4, H&Ks, M249vsM60...each one is different...maybe its me :unsure:

Coupled with Alpha Mod, its an experience that someone needs to get indoctrinated before moving to another mod.

Shoot with these two mods your set for a long campaign.

I haven't gotten to the MP yet. I believe this is where the icing is at.

***my grammer teacher will kill for that last sentence*** :nono:

that didn't help.....sorry KillingJoke. You just have to try.

:D

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig this one up but I'm having an error? with this mod. Mission 3, the one with the dam, is completely dark except the sky. Night vision doesn't work either. It's like walking around blindfolded. Can see the moon though. Is it supposed to be so dark that you can't see anything? Even with night vision?

I have an issue with the third map in the campaign. I can't see anything! Night Vision doesn't help. Nothing has any detail and I can't even see where I'm going. Also, I have yet to see any tangos, even when I'm right on them. Little help please!!

I think the problem with the map not lighting properly in-game is due to an incompatability with Radeon video cards, which the team hasn't been able to figure out why and likewise fix. I'd just recommend skipping the mission. Sorry.

I have an issue with the third map in the campaign. I can't see anything! Night Vision doesn't help. Nothing has any detail and I can't even see where I'm going. Also, I have yet to see any tangos, even when I'm right on them. Little help please!!

I think the problem with the map not lighting properly in-game is due to an incompatability with Radeon video cards, which the team hasn't been able to figure out why and likewise fix. I'd just recommend skipping the mission. Sorry.

It isn't just radeon cards. I have an nvidia geforce 7800 oc. Inside the tunnels I can't see jack. Literally I am bumping on the walls trying to find the doors and passageways. All they need to do is put more lights in the tunnels. I'm ok in the other parts of the map.

It may be a strange driver revision issue, then. I recall nVidia releasing a few ForceWare drivers a while back that made snowflakes in GR turn the size of dinner plates. They fixed it eventually, but this was out of the blue, and years after GR was released.

Seeing how old NED is, they couldn't have been prepared for more recent hardware/drivers. Shame, though.