Feedback/Crashes with the v135 Patch

Are you guys talking Client runs at 100% CPU or Server?

If I join a server my CPU runs at a constant 48 - 51% video maxed, sound extreme

100% Single CPU server, 50% each real core (dual core) or virtual (on hyperthreading)

Same as the client, but there servers of course are running it 24/7. Do to the increased heat on ours i had to get some artic silver and a better then stock fan. this tells me even though there said to be idle... i don't think they are.

I posted this in the tech help section but I'll mention it here.

I get an intermittent game stutter that did not occur with 1.30. About every 7 seconds my game hiccups and then keeps going.

Just enough to throw you off :mellow:

Check your folder for screenshots. I had that a long time ago... apparantly it was a miss binding and every so often it would take a picture. Was driving me nutz. I had pictures of walls, ground all kinds of crap. LOL!

Check your folder for screenshots. I had that a long time ago... apparantly it was a miss binding and every so often it would take a picture. Was driving me nutz. I had pictures of walls, ground all kinds of crap. LOL!

Unfortunately, folders empty. It occurs with Fraps not running as well.

Thanks though.

I take it you aren't the designated camera man at the holidays... ;)

LOL!!!!

Unfortunately, folders empty. It occurs with Fraps not running as well.

Thanks though.

One other issue i found. do you have an X-FI? the DLLML.exe was using high cpu on and off. It is not required for the x-fi to work. The way i found it was open GRAW, alt tab out, ctrl-alt-del, task manager. Click on processes tab. Click on cpu so it lists what is using the most. GRAW will be at the top at 50-100%. Look for the DLLML.exe file to be jumping up and down in the list.

Follow these instructions to remove it

http://www.file.net/process/dllml.exe.html

I imagine not just the xfi has this file but the audigy series also.

well i can not play any level/ missions now ;-(

=

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(-1): cant find member: order_manager in type <Statsblock:global>

SCRIPT STACK

data\levels\mission01\mission01.dsf(0)

i get this error now when i try to load any mission !!!! ;-(

HELP ME PLZ.............

DONE NOW

• 2 weeks later...

When i am in Multiplayer mode and i die, i get this message:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\managers\menunetworkmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: set_text in type <Button>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\menunetworkmanager.dsf(0)

And it crashes. I have no idea what any of that means and need help, thanks.

• 2 months later...

Krackerjax, try uninstalling the game, defragging, and reinstalling the game. After you reinstall the game install only the 1.35 patch. Defrag after you install the patch and try it again. Hope this helps!

How come when i try to open the game it wont open i get a crash error :devil::wall: how can i stop that, im using windows vista. Error is grpcrc1.35 :hmm: what is that? Does anyone know?

More information is needed....what are you system specs, are any custom maps or mods installed, and does it let you load the game and then crash or crash before it loads? Also, copy and paste the error message here. It might be a Vista issue.

Krackerjax, try uninstalling the game, defragging, and reinstalling the game. After you reinstall the game install only the 1.35 patch. Defrag after you install the patch and try it again. Hope this helps!

How come when i try to open the game it wont open i get a crash error :devil::wall: how can i stop that, im using windows vista. Error is grpcrc1.35 :hmm: what is that? Does anyone know?

Right click... run as admin. Even if you have an admin account you may still have to do this.

Right click... run as admin. Even if you have an admin account you may still have to do this.

I have it running as admin and windows XP service Pack 2 and still aint doing ######.. :wall:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still wishing they will fix the prone shooting bug.

They said they fixed it but they just changed the bug

Now you can fire from prone if you are on perfectly flat ground, but god forbid you go prone over something as minimal as a curb or a peice of rolling terrain. suddenly, you can't get your aim point low again.

That was a seriously important bug, known for a long time and they did some fairly shoddy QA on their fix for 1.35. I was actually very surprised how poorly they handled that critical bug considering how good the game is overall.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Now you can fire from prone if you are on perfectly flat ground, but god forbid you go prone over something as minimal as a curb or a peice of rolling terrain. suddenly, you can't get your aim point low again.

That was a seriously important bug, known for a long time and they did some fairly shoddy QA on their fix for 1.35. I was actually very surprised how poorly they handled that critical bug considering how good the game is overall.

This actually isn't a bug. It's every other game that has a bug and people have just gotten used to it.

What happens is that the clip hits the ground, which prevents the weapon from going down further. So what you have to do it change stance of find alternative cover, just as in real life. As it's handled by a collision box on the weapon it's actually very accurate. But I agree that it can be annoying at times simply because we're used to games not caring about weapons clipping into things.

This actually isn't a bug. It's every other game that has a bug and people have just gotten used to it.

What happens is that the clip hits the ground, which prevents the weapon from going down further. So what you have to do it change stance of find alternative cover, just as in real life. As it's handled by a collision box on the weapon it's actually very accurate. But I agree that it can be annoying at times simply because we're used to games not caring about weapons clipping into things.

Wow. Very interesting answer indeed.

Now I am going to have to go look at my buddy while he gets prone on different surfaces and see what he looks like when he can and cannot find lower fire.......

Is each clip modeled unique for it size?

Has this been discussed on these forums and I simply missed this?

This certainly gives me a different sense of what I am dealing with here.

So prone on flat ground is OK, but laying across a curb cannot be reconciled by the flexibilities of teh human body? My guess is that the implementation of this is not great, but they had to choose one direction or the other. Clip the ground or not. Hmmmm.......

I don't think it was in their list of features from the beginning. It was one of those that came with another implementation and was then decided to be a feature and not a bug, probably because it is consistent with the other feature (which in this case basically is the exact same thing but not concerning the ground).

The other feature in this case is preventing weapons from going into house walls even as the character gets close. This was done by making the weapon a collision mesh that can't pass through the environment, and as such it prevents the weapon from being raised when facing a solid surface.

The same collision mesh also handles the ground in the same way, which prevents the weapon to be lowered into the ground.

As for switching position when prone... can you tilt the weapon when prone? I don't remember myself, but if so that should let you lower it some more. But it may be that the tilt is gone while on the ground to prevent some strange animation.

Edited by Wolfsong

As for switching position when prone... can you tilt the weapon when prone? I don't remember myself, but if so that should let you lower it some more. But it may be that the tilt is gone while on the ground to prevent some strange animation.

Well. you have to conciusly try this ot see what is happening. it all feels very weird ot me.

If I lie prone on a nice flat surface, for example a street, i can easily shoot a person whose feeet and legs become visible to me under a car, for example. I can get my reticule all the way to the base oof the grounds horizon.

If i shuffle just a little bit, for example my body comes in contact with a curb (not a large one mind you ... like a 6 inch curb), suddenly my reticule cannot aim low. sometimes, it cant even aim level ot the ground. it points up and cannot go lower.

I understood your answer. But I went back and tested it again before this post. I still find that my ability ot fire low on flat ground is not consistent with my inability to lower my reticule when interfered with by a small, simple ground element.

Take a closer look. I would be interested in your thoughts after you looked again. v1.35 of course

• 7 months later...