Enemies Surrendering?

I've heard, but never seen, people saying that enemies will surrender when they run out of ammo, e.g. the PanicActor/Disengage thing where they put their hands over their heads and become inactive. Here are my questions.

Do enemies ever surrender? Under what circumstances? Have you seen this happen? How can I make it more common?

Do enemies ever run out of ammo? I know they have unlimited shots with anti-tank rockets, but what about small arms? Can I make them run out by setting all kits to only 1 magazine per weapon?

Hmm, from testing it appears that if you give them only one mag they'll switch to nothing and either run away or just look at you; after using their mag, that is. They do the thing like when you give an actor NoWeapon.kit and hold invisible guns.

Edited by rileyfletcher_01

Migryder did it in some of the P2 missions. The mission that comes to mind is on the Frostbite Slope map.

I think it was scripted when there were 2-3 enemies left they would surrender. I don't remember the animation state they assumed.They would appear on the CM as yellow diamonds if the standard cmi.rsb was in use.

Edited by wombat50

I've heard, but never seen, people saying that enemies will surrender when they run out of ammo, e.g. the PanicActor/Disengage thing where they put their hands over their heads and become inactive. Here are my questions.

Do enemies ever surrender? Under what circumstances? Have you seen this happen? How can I make it more common?

Do enemies ever run out of ammo? I know they have unlimited shots with anti-tank rockets, but what about small arms? Can I make them run out by setting all kits to only 1 magazine per weapon?

i remember seeing it in the early testing process of an old mission, he was the last one and he raised his hands over his head and surrendered, i've only ever seen it happen once.

Started to use this recently instead of having the team hunt every last tango down.

Continueif enemy company is less than 5, panic company. It is the only way they go into surrender mode without using animations that only work in SP.

Considering using

DeathAnyActor

BlockPreserve

ContinueIfNumberActiveActorsOnTeamContaining-actorwhojustdied-IsEqualTo1

AssignSurrenderPlanToTeamContaining-actorwhojustdied-

This will, obviously, make them surrender when only 1 man is left on their team. Might use this in my TXM campaign.

• 1 month later...