PC screens vs 360 screens...

Is it just me or does the 360 version look better then the PC version?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3598752/GRFS_PC_vs_Xbox_360_screens.html#Post3598752

WARNING! Screens are from the intro, pre-mission... I do have the complete first mission on video (PC) in that same sub-forum and on my You Tube page, if intrested... but of course SPOILER alert.

;)

PS: Right now I can't get through a mission without crashes, (Screens of that in that sub-forum too, lol), so becoming very frustrating to play this right now.

IMO

The XBOX 360 version is quite decent, looks good plays good. here are some screenshots of the PC v1.2 version, some of the screenshots are at low quality and some are at high quality with Dx11 on and off. But, the shadows are messed up with highest settings, you'll see what i mean in the screenshots, it looks like kozak has been chimney sweeping , hahaha!. Oh, yesh and it cuts my framerate in half high to low :(, haha!. VSYNC is off.

80241209.jpg

27657612.jpg

35386901.jpg

72026247.jpg

96940143.jpg

51016063.jpg

79735801.jpg

16929107.jpg

Yes the Xbox360 version looks better then the PC or PS3 version, and it looked like that was going to be the case when Ubi started showing the PC screen-shots over laden with post-processing effects. The good news is the shaders are all easily accessible unwrapped text files, as are some of the lighting settings in XML files -- so anyone that has the time, know how, and/or motivation can probably get the PC version of the game looking as good as the 360. Unfortunately it seems most of the Talent that would be inclined to take on such a project aren't particularly interested in Grfus...

:unsure:

Edited by 101459

I've noticed that with my graphics turned highest on all settings except for vSync (causes some movement delay) and motion blur (annoying to my brain) that my graphics are better than the 360 screenshots. Looking at the video from the other post by OriginalPrey with the HD7770, the user above may have just the default standards set. I actually really like the graphics and hope to be able to get a 1st person view vs OTS at some point.

NP, I'm ashame that I've been registered here for so long and only have 22 post, 23 now... lol... Guess i need to get my post count up. ;)

I think you are up to 4 posts today ... pace yourself, Dude ...

I've noticed that with my graphics turned highest on all settings except for vSync (causes some movement delay) and motion blur (annoying to my brain) that my graphics are better than the 360 screenshots.

What graphics card are you using?, i wonder if this game prefers the Radeon GPU's?, i use a GeForce GTX 580, if i enable the highest graphical settings the game looks worse, the sun rays are overdone, way way too bright, almost blinding and look out of place, shadows are not right on the character model either, and sometimes the dust blowing everywhere is over the top. I think there is something wrong somewhere, dunno?, but not that impressed with the yeti engine effects on highest settings. Global illumination is way over done, some of the lighting is too bright/saturated maybe?, BLOOM fx?, blooming eck mate, hahaha!. Some textures look low res and slightly cartoonish. Maybe an updated driver from nvidia might cure the glitches, just don't know, but, its not too bad at low settings, its better than highest settings if i'm honest.

Have any NVIDA owners experimented with editing the shaders or lighting settings? Shaders can be found in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier\Shaders"
And the lighting settings XML files are in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier\KievPatcherData\NewLightingData"

Some obvious shader candidates for the ridiculously over-blown blur, bloom, glare, and scattly adaptation effects include (but certainly aren't limited to):

· Adaptation.shader

· Bloom.shader

· Blur.shader

· DoF.shader

· Fog.shader

· GaussianBlur.shader

· Glow3.shader

· LDRBloom.shader

· LensFlare.shader

· MotionBlur.shader

· NaturalBloom.shader

· PostProcessFog.shader

Literally every blur, bloom, and and light scattering shader effect is from four to twenty orders of magnitude over and above what was considered visually, artistically and/or journalistically worthy with respect to old silver film photography (where these artifacts and effects were popularized into some sort of 'need' for game render post-processing affectation), and are more then double that for the naked eye.

Just say'n...

:blink:

Edited by 101459

Have any NVIDA owners experimented with editing the shaders or lighting settings?

I haven't mate no, don't think i'll bother myself as i prefer the lighting effects when they work proper haha!, also i think the effects and lighting encourages the gamer to use the assets in the single player campaign, like xray and night vision effects, in fact you'll struggle to see without them through a sandstorm with all the lighting fx :). And besides there is the option to tone down all the effects in the games graphics options. But yeah you could tweak the xml files to suit an individual visual experience i suppose. I wonder what the next patch will fix or break? hahaha!. Good game.