Urgent Fury, ready for testing

Hi folks,

Urgent Fury is now ready for first beta.

This map is built on a clean version of the Hacienda landscape, what I have done here is to make some large concrete slabs to cover the holes in the map where the original buildings should be plus I have placed some of these slabs around the map to accommodate some of the larger buildings. I think this has given a new look to the map.

New buildings:

There are three new buildings in this mission which are all new and my design, for this map you have an HQ building and Panhard depot plus there is a platform to accommodate the Adat's, see pics below.

HQ:

furyn4n.jpg

Panhard depot:

furyn6n.jpg

Adat platform:

furyn8n.jpg

Hope you enjoy the mission and thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Urgent Fury v1.

Hi John,

Awesome map and it really looks way much better than Hacienda or VIP Retreat.

We have played the map several times now and neither one of us could find anything "strange".

I like the new buildings and the way the AI and the tanks are triggered, Good job man :thumbsup:

We have tested the map with the Rahnman mod and also with default weapons on the MIB dedicated servers.

Both went smooth and without any issues.

I tested the map on my online created server and it ran smooth without any crashes or other possible issues.

Damn good map John!!!

Cheers,

Rico

Hi John,

Another great map. I love what you've done with the place, lol!

The only issue I had was at the end. I started down in the valley and took the rabbit trail to the East and swung around the map finishing the objectives in a circular fashion which made me finish at the top of the hill at the transmitter objective. After I completed the objective I didn't recieve any call for extraction. As a result I was unable to finish the mission.

Other than that everything looked great!

Cheers,

Rahn

Hi John and Rahn,

You're right Rahn, we just checked it one more time and there was no call for extraction. The square with the message for extraction appears, but there's no call for extraction. I have to admit that we overlooked that one :wall:

Cheers,

Rico

Hi Rahn and Rico,

Thanks for testing.

Strange you are unable to finish the mission Rahn, did you fully complete the HQ objective? there are two buildings there you need to clear of AI plus there are two hidden objectives (one in each building), when each building is complete the waypoint marker is removed and when both markers are gone that objective is complete.

You can tell when the extraction has started as two MI17 transport heli's fly in and drop AI over the extraction zone.

I'll take a look at all the code to see if there are any issues.

Cheers,

John

Hi John....any chance of the password for the zip file ?

Have posted it on the Brothers In Honour site but need the pw so they can open it.

I asked for them to forward any bugs to me or log in here and relay the info.

Thanks.

Looking forward to this.

(UPDATE:.....its OK.....I used the last pw you gave me and that worked.)

Edited by CJo1964

John,

I believe I completed all of the objectives since there were no green markers anywhere on the map. I didn't know about then hidden objectives but, as you said, I must have completed them anyway since the waypoint markers were removed. Either that or the waypoint markers disappeared without having the hidden objectives completed. You may want to explore that possibility as well.

Cheers,

Rahn

Ok thanks Rahn.

I'll go through the mission again to see what the problem is and post a new version.

Rico, did you manage to complete the mission, did the heli's fly in and drop the AI?

I should mention that there isn't a narcom calling for extraction in this mission, let me know if you think it's better to have it in there.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

As I already mentioned in my previous reply, we played the map several times all the way until the extraction. The choppers flew in to drop the AI and the whole map ran smoothly. Neither one of us noticed that there was no call for extraction because we were too busy making our way to the extraction. If Rahn hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have missed it, so I don't know whether it's better or not to have that in there. There are those who like it and others who don't.

From what I noticed alot of people (me too) are always looking for waypoint markers 'cause you need to know where to go next.

As for myself, the waypoint markers are good enough, but that's my personal opinion.

The decision is yours.

Some of the players were missing your Havocs :P

They're so used to having to cope with Havocs coming in and giving them a hard time that they started missing them LOL.

Cheers,

Rico

Urgent Fury v1.1 is now available.

After looking at the code I noticed it was possible to clear both markers for the HQ objective (killing the AI is your main task) without completing the hidden objectives in the HQ buildings, so even though the markers were removed the objective wasn't complete.

I believe that Rahn killed all the AI in both buildings which removed both markers but didn't complete the hidden tasks and not realising that he hadn't seen the Objective Complete message, this was the reason the extraction didn't start.

I have changed the HQ objective so you need to complete the hidden tasks before the markers are removed for each building plus the marker for what was the hidden objective will now appear when you go up the stairs for the floor that they are on.

Hopefully this should stop this happening again.

Cheers,

John

Download:

Urgent Fury v1.1

Hi John,

you must be right because we did the same as Rahn did, completing the objectives in a circle starting on the right and finished at the transmitter. We have seen the extraction point and have seen one of the Helis in the Hill at the transmitter:

gra2.jpg

The heli could not get out of it..

After completing the extract, the Heli came out of the hill but a little bit strange:

gra3.jpg

Other then that it is a fantastic map and mission. Everything was fine and the fps was very well.

I had a probölem with Erika because I used a granate for some AIs in one of the buldings.

The result was a unusable place to rest, just the sun umbrella was still good to use :-(

gra1.jpg

Again, very good work John, we love it :yes:

Ohhh, we used version 1.0 hard mode and just have seen that version 1.1 is ready to test as well.

.....and by the way, the load screen says day / night but I could not see a switch for that!?

With greetings from Klaus and Erika

Thanks for testing Klaus,

I never noticed the heli appear out of the mountain when testing, if it keeps happening I'll change it.

The load screen will be the one I use for the release version, for the beta version there is no night map this will be included with the release.

John

John, we played this on the TAW server Tuesday night and could find no problems, everything worked fine.

On a side note, when I played solo on easy mode, I got overrun with Ai so bad at the start that I gave up.

I hardly recognised the landscape even thou I knew it was from the Hacienda map. Very good job as usual.

We have tried the new version as well.....hard mode/dedi....it# was awesome! We had no problems at all, also both helis dropped AIs and fly out. The new buildings are your best ones. How does it come that the very new buildings have normnal wall paint and no freaky wallpapers?

One thing was a little bit bad......the rest place for Erika with the sun umbrella. The sun chairs was beside the explosive and if you put C4 on them you can not use the chairs anymore ..... but the rest place with the chairs are needed for brain storming purposes.

:-)

Thanks for the gret map&mission!

Kaapo_Klaus&Kaapo_Erika

Edited by kaapo

Brilliant effort John.

Didnt find anything unusual in the map.....was too busy shooting Tangos.....lol

One of the other guys had an idea (cant remember who said it) and mentioned a lack of enemy helos.

They are a real pain but you miss them when they arent shoving rockets up your rear end !

You could put in one or two throughout the map and scatter some Zeus launchers around to make it reallly awesome, but either way, a fantastically well designed map that will be played for years to come I bet.

:wizard:

Many thanks for the replies folks much appreciated, seems like we are just about done here.

As a small teaser I would like to mention that there are some exiting new features coming up in future missions. After much trial and error I am now able to make animated props so expect to see some new stuff in my next mission, but that's not all.

I have been working closely with Spik@ and he is now able to produce all new static props that will enhance and give new life to mission objectives.

Please be patient though, all these new animated features, props and buildings take time to develop but I am still working hard on getting these missions done.

Cheers,

John