forest

daro48

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOREST - REACTIVATION

Hello again

I have been testing this map with whole Brothers in Honour clan (THANK YOU GUYS) and results are:

the hardest level is playable,

plus I have finished the hardest level today alone about 120 minutes 20 deaths

I would like to thank for kaapo Klaus and Erica for testing a smal part of this map: "the wall"

I wasn't able to move on without you.

Here is the link for the newest version:

coop_daro48_forest_v1_5

Cheers,

Daro

It's great to see you back here and you did it alone in 120 min ? Unbelievable.....congratulation......we need to try it again as well but I bet we never can do that with -50 death ...... but we will try it :yes:

Thank you Daro for the very good work you did :thumbsup:

With Greetings from Erika and me :)

Daro

It may just be me but I tried to run v1.5 a number of times and it crashed back to the desktop every time. I thought it might be because I had too many files in my custom_levels folder so I took a lot out but that made no difference - it still crashed. Has anybody else experienced the same thing?

Anthony

Daro

It may just be me but I tried to run v1.5 a number of times and it crashed back to the desktop every time. I thought it might be because I had too many files in my custom_levels folder so I took a lot out but that made no difference - it still crashed. Has anybody else experienced the same thing?

Anthony

Hey Daro,

I had the same things as Anthony. Starting up the map is fine, but as soon as I want to choose my weapons kit the game crashes back to desktop.

Here is my crashlog:

Sat May 12 21:40:15 2012

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\sgunlogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: _no_more_ammo in type <BulletWeapon>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I also tried the link you gave below without that code. Same problem.

Hope you can tell me what it is, because I really like to test the map.

Cheers, Rico

Hello Rico,

I have no idea what kind of error it is, Anthony wasn't gave me crash report, so I can only assume, that his crash was this same as mine and Brothers in Honour clan when we run this map on dedicated server. Inside misson script I used code, which should sorts the players list from 0 to n deaths not as usuall in GR AW2 amouint of kills. That why map was crashing dedicated servers. But this cras was always during loading the map.

Your crash: _no_more_ammo in type <BulletWeapon>

????

are you using modified weapon?

Or maybe this crash ocurred when tank spawn?

Cheers,

Daro

we finished the map yesterday and found no problems.

the map is extremely hard to finish without dying, a thing we always try in brothers in honour.

in fact, in this map it is not possible to stay alive, you always die, no matter how slow you go forward.

the snipers and other ai can see you through bushes and shoot you if you walk the wrong way.

you cannot see them or shoot them because they are hidden as soon as they mad a shot.

frustrating, but not a mistake in the map, but in the game itself.

the maps runs fine and smooth now.

although i would never say "who finishes this map the quickest" i would like to set out a challenge for this map.

who finishes the map with the least deaths?

great work on the map daro, but please, let the next map be an urban map again, these trees have made my game horrible.

great job on hiding the snipers in the trees though, hard to find and they keep killing you.

the map is running on all 4 of our graw2 coop server, and no crashes occurred :thumbsup: .

Hello Rico,

I have no idea what kind of error it is, Anthony wasn't gave me crash report, so I can only assume, that his crash was this same as mine and Brothers in Honour clan when we run this map on dedicated server. Inside misson script I used code, which should sorts the players list from 0 to n deaths not as usuall in GR AW2 amouint of kills. That why map was crashing dedicated servers. But this cras was always during loading the map.

Your crash: _no_more_ammo in type <BulletWeapon>

????

are you using modified weapon?

Or maybe this crash ocurred when tank spawn?

Cheers,

Daro

Hey Daro,

I tried to play the map with and without the Rahnman's mod. Same problem :(

I haven't been in the game yet, so I haven't seen anything of the map yet.

The crash occurs right at the start, as soon as I try to choose a weapons kit. The first click I try to make has a crash as penalty.

C U, Rico

Hey Daro,

I don't know what the problem really was, but now I could play the map finally. Maybe the fact that I had both versions of forest_v1_5 in the custom level folder had caused the crash. I took out one of them and I didn't crash anymore. I tried to play the map with default weapons, but if you play alone you need alot of ammo which is not possible in default, so I died too many times.

I decided to play the map with the Rahnman's mod but playing alone in "harder mode" :o= is indeed HARD!

I died many times but I could finish the map in 102 minutes.

I like the map although it's often very hard to see where the AI are hiding.

Don't know if I'm the only one who spawned in strange places, but I spawned twice in a tree (after I did Adat A) and I spawned three times on a roof (after I did Adat B).

I made screens of that and if you want to see them I can post them here. I also noticed that some of the trees are not really connected to the ground.

Other than that I must say that I really enjoyed playing the map. Good job Daro :thumbsup:

Cheers, Rico

Hi Daro and Rico,

we spawned also many times in trees but I guess this is normal. Because you die more often in this map the chance is much higher to spawn on some amazing places. I had this as well with Johns and Bogies map. The crazy one I remember was the big bridge with 4 towers I where spawned a couple times between roof and last floor with no chance to get out of it.

With greetings :)

Kaapo_Erika&Kaapo_Klaus

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Daro and all you guys,

Is everyone on vacation or what???? :unsure:

Isn't anyone writing any comments anymore?

Daro are you going to make changes in this map and uploading an updated version, or are you going to release it?

We are waiting for any news about this map.

Cheers Daro,

Rico

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...