New Hands-On...good read.

BigOlBrain

HERE YA GO.

A few quotes:

GRAW looks every part a next-generation game. Graphically it's stunning. The HUD is all futuristic urban Ghost,

Scouring the dusty tracks of Mexico, hiding behind grating, chancing a rush for higher ground, all the while hoping an enemy sniper doesn't prize away your final respawn, is adrenaline pumping stuff.

GRAW online is shaping up to be a polished, tactical experience. Certainly the potential is there for it to be the most popular game played on Xbox Live this year. Nothing immediately strikes as being revolutionary. The Cross-Comm is clever, but doesn't push the boundaries of what online shooters are about. Where GRAW excels is in often nerve-shatteringly tense stand-offs.

"The targeting reticule also moves slowly, and there seemed to be no facility to speed up the sensitivity in the options menu. Hopefully this will be addressed in the final release."

Please, please, please include the option to adjust look sensitivity somewhat in this game. out of all the thousands of options claimed to be in the game, please don't forget to include one of the most important ones. It seems kind of ridiculous that I can customize the way my character looks with different hats, sunglasses, uniforms, and playing barbie as my wife calls it, but I can't customize look speed for my personal taste. why on earth would this not be an option.

"The targeting reticule also moves slowly, and there seemed to be no facility to speed up the sensitivity in the options menu. Hopefully this will be addressed in the final release."

Please, please, please include the option to adjust look sensitivity somewhat in this game.  out of all the thousands of options claimed to be in the game, please don't forget to include one of the most important ones.  It seems kind of ridiculous that I can customize the way my character looks with different hats, sunglasses, uniforms, and playing barbie as my wife calls it, but I can't customize look speed for my personal taste.  why on earth would this not be an option.

I think RSE deciding to exclude Look Sensitivity has something to do with the weight of the weapons. You know, you wouldn't exactly be able to spin a SAW around in a split-second.

But hey... when does a game strive to be realistic too much?

theres nothing realistic about it. Especially when your talking OTS. You can see around objects that are physically blocking your eyes, so lets not go there.

As it is right now in GR2 and SS, you can run a circle around another player faster than they can track you with the look stick. How is that realistic. The solution is easy, just give players the option and choice to adjust the speed slightly higher and slightly lower than the default. No reason to be extreme. Rainbow six did it. Almost every other FPS has done it. It's a nice option really.

I think this is a good thing. Sense everyone will have the same sensitivity, everyone will be equal at amiming :o= .

And im happy that the "frag dolls" got their asses kick :devil: i dont like them, they brag too much :nono: .

One thing I want an answer to is if the lobby system will run in real time. Meaning you see when rooms close, start, open, etc.

There's nothing more I hated then to get in a room that was 2 seconds into the game.

And then having to quit ALL the way back to the main menu, signing onto multiplayer, going to Opti-Match finding a room that had the gametype you wanted, only to get into a room where the host isn't even there! :wall:

I sure hope this gets fixed.

By the way I'm not USMC Maggot. Looks like there are two fly babies in these forums :D

One thing I want an answer to is if the lobby system will run in real time. Meaning you see when rooms close, start, open, etc.

There's nothing more I hated then to get in a room that was 2 seconds into the game.

And then having to quit ALL the way back to the main menu, signing onto multiplayer, going to Opti-Match finding a room that had the gametype you wanted, only to get into a room where the host isn't even there! :wall:

I sure hope this gets fixed.

By the way I'm not USMC Maggot. Looks like there are two fly babies in these forums :D

I agree!

If they are including weapon weight into the physics of the game I think adding the option to adjust your reticle speed would be defeating the purpose of using the weight physics.

I think using the weight mechanics is a great idea. It allows players to be equally balanced. I dont think someone should have the firepower of a gunner while having the speed of a compact weapon while others are using compact weapons with the same speed as the guy with gunner weapon.

If you want a faster weapon you'll need a lighter gun. I like how they give different feels to different weapons. I'd like to compare it to a car racing game. Its like having a car that handles well but doesnt have too great of acceleration. They shouldnt allow you to turn up the acceration of your car before you go online to play. This allows for compromise when picking a weapon. Different guns and cars have different characteristics and that should be part of the gameplay. Not a menu option. At least thats my perspective.