Operation: Iron Hand

Operation: Iron Hand v1 is ready for testing.

The mission is scripted on Sg,Nly Papo's great map Import Export so thanks goes to him for it's use.

As usual I have completely redone the texture scope file to try and reduce the lag, I have also removed several dynamic props and replaced some buildings in the centre of the map that were causing some lag issues.

There are two central respawn points, one is located at the Howitzer objective and the other is at the Supply Unit's objective so complete these to activate them, obviously they will cancel each other out so choose them wisely.

For some reason the Hemtt will not sit still but I don't think it's bad enough to spoil that objective, I relocated it several times without success.

There are around 270 AI and 10 objectives, so there's plenty to keep you occupied.

As always I really appreciate the time you take testing my missions.

Thanks,

John

Link:

Operation: Iron Hand v1.

Just tested it wit my mates (zondy and twix) on active WAN

Found no really issues to talk about...

Rushin AI at start was a mess...

Needs just a bit more AI all over the map...

Funny thing: twix shots an AI and he wants to try to go with his head through the wall *g*

Heres the Pic of the "head-jack"

HomoSmall.jpg

Heres a link to high res

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/porterslug/Homo.jpg

Greetz

porter

Edited by porterslug

Operation: Iron Hand v1 is ready for testing.

Sweet.. a fast and fun map!

We did have trouble with an AI in the extreme corner of the map (near, I think ADAT C or something, on a straight line from the Howitzer). He was inside the very corner block house, shooting through the walls, thus benefitting from the invincibility of clipping problems.

We didn't have any crashes. We very much liked the progression of spawn points, although the Howitzer spawn point is sorta off to the side and inconvenient, but at least it provides a lot of incentive to push up towards the central point.

Thanks a lot, and we had a blast!

hmm, do you mean a mess in a good way or was it total chaos and needs to be changed in some way.

Needs just a bit more AI all over the map...

I agree there are some quiet areas around the map, I did try to add more but this just caused so much lag it just wasn't worth the hassle, as it is there are around 270 AI this should be enough to keep you happy. :P

Media fire is OFFLINE!!!

Just checked MediaFire and it's working ok here so give it another try.

We did have trouble with an AI in the extreme corner of the map......

Thanks Sightreader, I will take a look he just needs moving away from the house, strange though as I played through the mission several times (trying to sort the lag issues) and he was always where he should be! :wall:

the Howitzer spawn point is sorta off to the side and inconvenient, but at least it provides a lot of incentive to push up towards the central point.

For my first effort the Intel and the Howitzer Objective shared one large location triggering the AI for both and the spawn location was in the large hanger next to the Howitzer (same as the supply units) but due to the amount of AI being spawned it was causing a lot of lag so I split the locations into two and couldn't use that location for the spawn point so it had to be moved next to the Howitzer, I can't see where else I can locate it without it being vulnerable.

Thanks for the replies so far, :thumbsup:

John

hmm, do you mean a mess in a good way or was it total chaos and needs to be changed in some way.

Thanks for the replies so far, :thumbsup:

John

In the good way - we just digged in and fired back...

John,

I finally got the map downloaded. I've played it lone wolf a couple of times with no issues. I played regular weapons with no crashes or lag. The only thing I could mention was the AI in the extreme NW corner of the map by ADAT C (not the one positioned in the very corner, I got him) had somehow spawned inside the bldg closest to that corner and was shooting at me from inside. I believe this has already been mentioned though. Other than that, it was flawless. I'll test it on Thursday night with the rest of the clan and see how it goes. I really like this map as well, bogie used it in the Sanchez missions and I still play it a lot. It's great to have another mission on it.

Rahn

(TAW_Rahnman)

Hi Rahn,

Thanks for testing the mission, I did notice you playing the mission earlier and was going to join but your server is locked, it's not often I see anyone testing my missions it must be due to the time difference.

I know which bot you are referring to, the one right in the corner is a sniper class but there is a patrol of two AI spawned just next to the building, they must be a little bit to close and one of them is spawning inside it, simple fix just to move them.

Look forward to you findings when you test with your clan.

John

John

Outstanding work again. This was a tough yet very enjoyable map to play. Played SP on LAN server with Brettzies 2.05b and had no issues whatsoever. No lag no dopey AI trying to walk through walls no negatives to report at all. Good placement of AI kept me watching over my shoulder at all times. Liked the tough start and look forward to playing it at team strength.

Great stuff again John

Best regards

Anthony

John,

We tested the map last night and it was excellent. Nice placement of AI. They were all over and we were getting shot everywhere. We loved it!!!!

Considering you have only 270 AI :whistle: It may be best to fortify the objectives a little more since the mexicans know we are going after it!!! Here is one example:

IRNHND_2.jpg

While going for the first ADAT if you could position more AI in these areas it would be a nice fire fight. The should be positioned in a way that you can only shoot them as you get closer to the ADAT. That way you must rely on team work to take all three out!! This is just one example. Placing them high and far enough back to add to the challenge. The trick is to place them in a manner that you can not shoot them prom other potential locations. Though I know but maybe placing them behind objects or placing objects to obscure their location. Yes, I know AGB always want more AI!! :blush: I think Bogie has that mantra down packed!! :D

IRNHND_1.jpg

We did notice this AI with the rifle protruding from the wall at the very first building second floor. May wan tto push him back and tot he left a little.

Other than that it was fantastic...

We really appreciate you and Bogie and your continuous efforts to challenge us with new maps and missions. I know I have said it before, but again, if it weren't for you guys GRAW 2 would have gone the way of the Dodo!!

Guy's, keep up the great job!!!

John,

A lot of us got together with AGB on their server last night. We played through your map several times. The only other thing I could come up with was with regard to ADAT D. We were playing the brettzies and it was way too easy to take it out with a zeus from the initial spawn point. It may be a good idea to put some fencing around it to keep people "honest" and force them to expose themselves and actually go over and set the c4. The other ADAT's were all surrounded by shipping containers which provided them ample protection.

I wanted to echo Viper's comment about our appreciation for all you do. Both you and Bogie are keeping this game alive and exciting. Thanks so much!

Rahn

(TAW_Rahnman)

Thanks again for all the comments and the support, it's much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Hi Anthony and thanks for the reply, pleased you like the mission

While going for the first ADAT if you could position more AI in these areas it would be a nice fire fight.

I could place some extra snipers but the one at the left of your screen shot is a problem as that building has no textures, it's part of the landscape so there is nothing there to place him on, having said that it can be done! :D

We did notice this AI with the rifle protruding from the wall at the very first building second floor. May want to push him back and to the left a little.

That particular bot got there on his own and is part of a patrol spawned further back, there are some sniper class AI around there but not where you saw him. I think the best thing to do is place a mover just inside the wall to stop him shooting through it just in case it happens again.

The only other thing I could come up with was with regard to ADAT D. We were playing the brettzies and it was way too easy to take it out with a zeus from the initial spawn point. It may be a good idea to put some fencing around it to keep people "honest" and force them to expose themselves and actually go over and set the c4.

No problem Rahn, don't know why I left that Adat so exposed as the rest are fairly well hidden, I will add some fencing there for the next beta.

Many Thanks,

John

Ok, v1.1 is now ready for testing.

Only a few minor changes that were mentioned when testing.

1. Added some fencing around Adat D, the one near the initial spawn.

2. Repositioned one AI that was spawning inside one of the buildings near Adat C.

3. Added a few more snipers near the Adats, not to sure how effective these will be though.

4. Added a mover to the doorway near the "Officers" objective.

I think that's about it, as there's not many changes I don't know if anyone will want to test the mission again so I will leave it here for a few days just to see if there are any more issues then start the process of getting it released.

Many thanks,

John

Link:

Operation: Iron Hand v1.1.

John,

Goose and I just played the new version. The extra sniper at Adat A was especially wicked. Very nice. I was still able to target Adat D with the zeus from just outside spawn, even with the fencing around it. Is it possible to turn off the heat signature? Maybe you could double stack some shipping containers in front of it. I was also able to target Adat C with the Zeus from on top of the quansa hut where the transmitter objective was located. Can't make any other suggestions, you made this one look easy.

Rahn

(TAW_Rahnman)

Pleased you liked the mission Rahn.

I assume you was able to lock on with the zeus from the top of the Adat that was visible over the fence, it would be easy to add a fence on top of the one that is already there this should completely hide it.

I'll take a look at Adat C and see if I can add some extra cover to stop you using the zeus.

John

Hello,

I played today on this map and the this mission is cool, i like it.

Maybe its time to publish some my custom props, terrain, buildings, and maybe coop mission makers will use them in missions ;)

Winters

Heck Yah, Winters!! Bring on the props! We're always looking for new buildings and objects to put into our maps w00t