A working sniper???

mordred

Keep in mind that the "looking around" is a natural human movement. No one can look the same place in hours. When you look around, it's basically to ensure that you're secure, and that there's no enemies near you. Justsaying.

Also, there's more then just one animation of them looking around. And it takes ages to do the animation job lol.

/t

They will always look over their shoulder from time to time. It's just part of the engine. You could find the animation of looking over their shoulder and replace it in your mod with a blank animation of them crouching normally; that might make them stay still.

That's not a bad idea ... I may have to look into that. I figured it was probably hard coded, but hadn't considered that there was an external source the the engine called on to make it happen. Thanks!

Keep in mind that the "looking around" is a natural human movement. No one can look the same place in hours. When you look around, it's basically to ensure that you're secure, and that there's no enemies near you. Justsaying.

Also, there's more then just one animation of them looking around. And it takes ages to do the animation job lol.

/t

This is very true.

When I set up a sniper, I try to do it the way we snipe in coop: another player nearby acting as security for the sniper so that the sniper can stay 'in the glass' without concern for the immediate area. In most cases, with us, there's an addtional person spotting for the sniper as well. I set up most of my OPFOR snipers with a support actor hidden nearby to provide blind-zone security, and I try to script the sniper to react to a threat if the support actor is killed.

I think that even a lone sniper, if actually trained in the filedcraft of sniping, would hold quite still for a long time, or at least not make sudden, sweeping movements. One of my teammates is ex-Danish Special Forces (Patruljekompagniet) and was trained and deployed in that role for a few years, so I get to hear about a lot of that stuff first hand.

- Doc

Edited by Doc. Caliban