PC version officially confirmed !

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude but why on amazon uk there is no photo image or realse date

Im sorry but i have to ask :whistle:

Why are you so hung up on Amazon UK not showing a picture ? Im guessing your not from the UK ? and so you would purchase from Amazon .com ? which has a picture for the PC version.

When GRAW and GRAW 2 were released the retail packaging what the same for all versions, same picture just a different system logo for PC,PS2 and XBOX. Chances are Amazon UK are awaiting PC specs befor posting up the image which will be the same images on the packaging as the xbox ps and .com PC image :thumbsup:

Hezi, you have been told over and over that the PC version will be released, when Amazon UK has confirmation of a release date it will be there you just need to have some patience.

Continual posting asking the same question will result in future posts being deleted.

Whats wrong rocky ? mean what i means to us.

Ubisoft Singapore are a relatively new studio, only opened 3 years ago. I can only find reference to them putting out one game, mutant turtles.

Some people will think that any studio making GRFS for the PC will simply be making a console port with no PC specifics, unless the studio is RSE in NC.

Wow, so Ubisoft put another elephant in the room. With the main Future Soldier development (for consoles) done by Ubisoft France (which doesn't come with the most stellar FPS pedigree to begin with) and the Singapore newcomers doing Online and a Future Soldier PC port from console, one has to wonder what the heck does Ubisoft have Red Storm doing these days? Have they relegated RSE to purely representative functions now, or purely cosmetic ones like they did with the "Tom Clancy" name? Will they close RSE down completely?

Ubisoft's decisions sure keep us entertained. Maybe they (or we) just misunderstand the concept of "Ubisoft Entertainment".

...one has to wonder what the heck does Ubisoft have Red Storm doing these days? Have they relegated RSE to purely representative functions now, or purely cosmetic ones like they did with the "Tom Clancy" name? Will they close RSE down completely?

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Red Storm is doing the multi-player portion of the XBOX version as they have in the past.

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Red Storm is doing the multi-player portion of the XBOX version as they have in the past.

"As they have in the past"... And how exactly does this fit in with Ubisoft's stated goal to "get back to the fundamentals of Ghost Recon" when they have Red Storm Entertainment, the original creator of Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, the actual inventor of the tactical shooter genre, the company founded by Tom Clancy himself, the only FPS development studio worth its salt under Ubisoft's umbrella, relegated to punitive labour again, as they did with the GRAWs?

"As they have in the past"... It really makes me sick to my stomach when it looks like people forgot who created Ghost Recon in the first place, just because Ubisoft rushed to cut off the head, arms, and legs of RSE as soon as they took over the company, and apparently spent all of their time and energy since to eradicate any traces of RSE's class, quality, originality, and greatness, in a childlike attempt to emphasize their own work by destroying the better work of others.

"As they have in the past"... when Ubisoft cancelled the PC version of Ghost Recon 2, the successor of the PC game of the year, and slapped Ghost Recon fans in the face just to ride the tide of Xbox-only subsidies courtesy of anti-competitive Microsoft. When they sold out Ghost Recon's spirit, its philosophy, and demeaned the game by making it just another action shooter, with fans far and wide crying out in disgust, only to be ignored for the sake of Ubisoft's "commercial realities".

"As they have in the past"... won't give any credibility to Ubisoft's claims of re-found fan orientation and doesn't bode well for the implied paradigm shift in the series. It looks like "same old, same old" - which wouldn't be bad at all in regards to Ghost Recon, if only Ubisoft had a memory span reaching back further than their last misguided attempts at Ghost Recon games, far enough to discover what the "same old" in Ghost Recon really should be about.

When the dust has settled and the PR talk fades away, it looks like we will be left with another typical rail shooter for console kids, half-heartedly ported to somehow run on PC. What makes this so unbearable is the mountain of missed opportunities.

Yep, sorry about my rant, ecma4. Was one of those moments where GR's fate really gets to me and pushes me over the edge.

I hear ya, lots of new footage out today and it continues to go further in a disappointing direction. For example, the new footage show that you can now revive downed ghosts... Some good stuff too though, I was very happy to see forest maps again.