High Speed Beta release!

Im proud to release the beta of my first mod, High Speed.

I am close to being finished, all the big work is done. all thats left are some small touches.

nothing is final yet so if you have a complaint or suggestions feel free to speak up! im open to criticism as well. please report any bugs if you encounter them. my testing was limited.

for the beta the Ghosts dont have vests, they will in the final version dont worry, the vests are still being worked on.

some of the colors may be off a little, im still playing around with those.

please enjoy and thanks to all those who helped me out!

https://www.mediafire.com/?torgtmg2dvlktaw

Edited by shakealeg1212

Hey Shake, was wondering whether it was possible to make my own personal modification to your final release by using this camouflage pattern. Spent about 5 minutes on Photoshop making this subdued woodland edit of a fictional Digital DPM camo.

GHdtSea.jpg?1

Yeah true. I want this mod to be a one size fits all meaning it will work with any environment like snow wood jungle urban or desert.

UCP, despite its name, is hardly universal (though it has been called the best military camo by some people).

Better off just using some kind of subdued woodland camo.

hope you like it mr.moon!

i may do an ACU add on pack for snow/urban maps. still not sure if i want to make High Speed all ACU or not, i just hate having activate mods for a certain terrain.

also, i noticed the support CHRs have a vertice issue in the leg, ill fix that. any other problems let me know!

why don't you use the _des extension on the CHRs and assign a desert RSB

that way if the actors are in an environment recognized to the engine as "desert" it switches the CHRs automatically. i believe that's how it works anyway, don't quote me.
it's been a while since i've gone near character texturing like that, but you won't need to activate mods based on terrain.

Edited by Zeealex

Hi shake checked out the beta today.

Cudos on editing the models they look good dude.

I'm assuming you are going to add vests etc to the skins?

Think you could maybe resize some of the camo though, and saturate the colours a bit too possibly too.

I usually find my camo textures look a little cartoony before I fiddle around with the saturation.

Good work so far though mate.

im glad you guys like the new CHRs. to be honest they don't sit well with me, the arm and wrist issues may be small but they annoy me. i can be a bit of a perfectionist.

i haven't been able to fix them yet either.

since i haven't got any complaints i may leave them as is for the final version. thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...