Would anybody be interesting in a GR 5v5 / 6v6 Tournament?

hostage

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Kurupt i dont get that? You say Riley dont know much about GR? Whats this? Have you actualy checked out maybe TXM? His a modder. What you expected? A ghost - 2nd class dont know anything about GR?

Well us modders want respect - and yes, Rileyfletcher actually can handle those CHRs and RSBs, i think i can too, but well i'm not sure about it. Respect man.

No, no, I think we're taking the wrong approach here.

Let's have Kurupt, with NO mods to his name, two posts, and TONS of experience in noob warfare take complete control of the tourney. He can figure out how to rewrite .CHR files, set up kit restrictions, and redirect .ATR files all by himself. He can plan the tournament since he is so organized and obviously knows quite a bit about GR. Maybe he should lead a clan too, since he knows so much about GR and is great with tactics and is very skilled in all those kinds of things. Teppe, why would you pick Riley of all people, who has published four mods and gotten 2649 downloads on them in total, has over 1000 posts in the GR modding section alone learning and teaching how to mod and play GR, and has a team of twelve hardcore GR players who all think he is doing a great job of leading.

Yes, let's "start tournament soon" so we can see who knows a lot about Ghost Recon.

No, no, I think we're taking the wrong approach here.

Let's have Kurupt, with NO mods to his name, two posts, and TONS of experience in noob warfare take complete control of the tourney. He can figure out how to rewrite .CHR files, set up kit restrictions, and redirect .ATR files all by himself. He can plan the tournament since he is so organized and obviously knows quite a bit about GR. Maybe he should lead a clan too, since he knows so much about GR and is great with tactics and is very skilled in all those kinds of things. Teppe, why would you pick Riley of all people, who has published four mods and gotten 2649 downloads on them in total, has over 1000 posts in the GR modding section alone learning and teaching how to mod and play GR, and has a team of twelve hardcore GR players who all think he is doing a great job of leading.

Yes, let's "start tournament soon" so we can see who knows a lot about Ghost Recon.

Golly! Just a suggestion :whistle: .... Nice resume. But if you knew how to play, move, and knew disadvantages or advantages of positions in my opinion you would be a better modder :boxing: As a player who has played over 10 years, whos been a part of the GR demo, 1.0, and 1.4 community, who has done over 600 cb's and over 100 1v1's, whos participated in many more leagues than you if you had at least one....... Do you know what mod has made any league better than the others?..................... No mod :wall: The regular ghost recon maps and weapons are far better liked and well put for GR.... Putting it in the upmost respect dont get offended...

I love you too ^.^

Com'on man! Format, i mean maybe some political (you know what i mean didn't you not in the ban thing way, translation is hard :( ) but in the way so we can find out who wants that mostly i mean so mods got 10 voices and no mods one then its 10 v 1 and then mods win, and we can start discuss about format?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the inactivity ladies and gents. I honestly FORGET about this. I still have my team ready to go, hopefully we can get this going right after the new year? I've noticed both threads still getting attention which is good. Also, remember. This is mainly for pure competition, we're looking at a 5v5 / 6v6 format. Not sure on the gametype yet, not even sure if the expansions will be included. The goal is to get some of the competition back in this game. The format will be similar to that of CoD / CS. We're shooting for that type of competitive atmosphere, teamwork, reaction times, etc. And I stated earlier if we can get this thing kicked off soon, and there is a good turnout... we're looking at the possibility of prizes the next time around!

Edited by JohnTC02
Removed duplicate text

Sorry, but i think it's to late for you to pop in now. Listen, there's going a tournament the 12th januar, so as long as that's going, i don't think any other will be interested in this right now. Sorry, but with the other tourney going, i think you better wait some time.

Sorry for the inactivity ladies and gents. I honestly FORGET about this. I still have my team ready to go, hopefully we can get this going right after the new year? I've noticed both threads still getting attention which is good. Also, remember. This is mainly for pure competition, we're looking at a 5v5 / 6v6 format. Not sure on the gametype yet, not even sure if the expansions will be included. The goal is to get some of the competition back in this game. The format will be similar to that of CoD / CS. We're shooting for that type of competitive atmosphere, teamwork, reaction times, etc. And I stated earlier if we can get this thing kicked off soon, and there is a good turnout... we're looking at the possibility of prizes the next time around!

I was tempted to be mad at you but I can understand mistakes. However, as teppe has said, it is WAY too late for you to pop back in and start things up again since there is another tournament (see link) already underway. Hopefully you'll be happy with that. I don't know you very well but I'm hoping you're the kind of guy who doesn't mind that somebody took your idea over :) My suggestion: get your team organized and post your team roster (team name, team members) in the thread I linked to above. All of the necessary information is in the last post in that thread. I also hope your team can make it on the 12th of January, 1600hrs GMT? We could use some more people for the competition, and if you don't have enough guys maybe you could work out some kind of alliance with the e-G (Elite Ghosts) team, led by TheClownZor, since they only have four guys.

Regards

TOS.CPT.9E

>>>LINK TO TEAM VS TEAM TOURNAMENT THREAD HERE<<<