Ghost Recon PC: Xbox Conversion (HELP NEEDED)

C419

post-503-0-45691800-1394661322_thumb.jpg

Tried making the threat indicator elliptical like the Xbox version but had problems.

The red and yellow colors in above are game engine functions for threat. Pretty sure the location for threat markers and red and yellow colors are hard coded. Might change color in font.res but haven't tried yet. Anyways threat indicator will have to be a circle instead of ellipse. Not any problem to change the color of the compass.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay. I would like the other ring gone to were it shows what direction you are being shot at from, so it looks like it is on the outside of it, however, in the Xbox, it showed that near direction of fire on the outside of the recticle. I know that is not possible and turn the colors to where it is not transparent and it is a bluish-purple color like the desired font color.

post-503-0-63478800-1394673431_thumb.jpg

I'll see what I can do about the direction of fire being outside the compass.

Compass will have to be smaller but you know that already.

Colors of green bars and compass clash IMO.

Tried the gradients on the green bars but I couldn't get them to fade to the center.

It was either fade right or fade left which didn't look good.

Maybe a better Photoshop operator could figure it out.

There is a setting in Options>gameplay tab that lets you scale the HUD larger by checking it. Unchecked is a smaller HUD.

threat.rsb

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bas1s54e8eyieui/Shell.zip

Edit:

Was a good idea putting the incoming fire outside the compass. Looks much better.

Thought the download was not working. Got a pop-up at MediaFire asking if I was having trouble downloading.

Click here to repair. But it downloaded for me. Try the link and let me know.

Edited by wombat50

Link to the 1.0.4 download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xam0cogojh3e0ky/Ghost%20Recon%20Xbox%20Conversion%20%28WIP%201%2C0%2C4%20Update%29.zip Will be out of WIP state once the text is changed to bluish-purple. Also, Wombat, there is a bug that the team symbols will not show up anywhere but the HUD such as when you are in kit selection and you are in the tac map, the custom team symbols will not show up. Can you see what you can do about that? Also, 2 other things. Could you change the tac map color to blue and yellow-orange you used on the borders of pop up display boxes? And for the hold symbol, a red hand indicating stop. I'll email a picture, maybe you can snip it and then put it in with out having to hand craft it. I don't know how photoshop works as my computer does not support it, but I'm guessing you can snip and paste.

Edited by C419

Got your emails.

No problem to change the font color. Will send that file today if time permits.

team symbols will not show up anywhere but the HUD such as when you are in kit selection and you are in the tac map, the custom team symbols will not show up.

The green soldier stances and red x(hold) are both in the cmi.rsb. these appear in the soldier and Command Map panel ingame. No problem to change them. I'm confused by the reference to them missing in kit selection. Need more explanation.

Could you change the tac map color to blue and yellow-orange you used on the borders of pop up display boxes?

These borders?

post-503-0-73047800-1394749671_thumb.jpg

I think that is in the cmi.rsb also. Please confirm if you are speaking of the soldier/command map panel ingame as pictured.

For the missing team symbols, in the kit selection (when you are choosing your team on a mission), the team symbols where you choose what team the person will be on. Those are still regular, not the new, custom one. For the map, yes, that is what I am talking about, the light blue (white in .rsb files) are quite dull, also it would be fitting to the mod colors for main menu anyway.

Finally see what you mean about team symbols in Platoon Setup screen. :lol:

post-503-0-71712600-1394755320.jpg

I think those are in the pda-lcd-02.rsb. I'll change them.

cmi.rsb is bits and pieces much like the pda-lcd-02.rsb.

Somethings could be a puzzle.

Thanks. And no, PS2 had a way different hud than the Xbox version, as it had your zoom level, your soildier would make movements on the HUD/Health display if you were moving.

I'll be releasing the 1.0.5 update (WIP) in a few minutes.

The Xbox version was my first time with Ghost Recon

Edited by C419

Would you like to test it when it's finished before you post it to see if it runs flawlessly?

Still waiting on the retextured map from Wombat, and then I'll call it finished there. Of course, I'll still update it if it needs.

I think I have made needed corrections but still had a couple issues I could not figure out.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?4o9294y01810bfc

Issues:

post-503-0-64870800-1394834557_thumb.jpg

This is not how it looks ingame but helps explain my problem.

I wanted to make the horizontal lines(red arrow) gold color.

What I thought was the appropriate section on the cmi file gave the resulting large gold colored field.

post-503-0-24174100-1394835240_thumb.jpg

I never did figure out what section of the texture make the indicated horizontal lines(red Arrow)

Yellow arrow shows some banding in the soldier panel. Tried without success to remove the cause.

Not so noticeable when looking across the map but it is when looking up at the sky which no one should be doing anyway. :lol:

Was testing the mod today, with the changed color of the font, it made the border darker on the popup display message box? If you can, make that just a bit brighter, too. Also for the map, just try and make it like how the main menu looks. Why I had asked to changed the colors of the tac map, was because with the change of colors in the mod, the light blue (white) was not the fitting color scheme with the new one, also, I'm quite sure someone thinks it's dull, too. Just keep testing on the different pda.rsb files or cmi.rsb files, as I do not look around much in the game files, as I have no buisness there because my computer (Windows Vista, HP) does not support the newer versions of photoshop. :( Anyway, we should be done with the mod, Rocky, in about next week Monday to Thursday. I am looking forward fr it's release and how it plays out with everyone and see how they like it.

I'm not currently home right now, but when I do get home, I'll test the tac map, Wombat, and see if it is fitting for the color scheme. By the way, just thought if it. Maybe the tac map only supports one color. Maybe.

Edited by C419

Just tested the .rsb files. You fixed the platoon setup team icons, but Bravo's icon with the half circle, the side is was filled on the right, not the left. Fix that, but everything else is solid. I'll be ready for Official Release once it is that is fixed. Hope this mod works well and that people enjoy it and have fun with it as much as we did creating it.

When I get home, I'll test this and test out all the features in the mod, and see if it works fine. I plan on releasing in tomorrow or Monday. I planned releasing 1.0.6 last night, but since I figured that it needed to be fixed a little before the official release. If bugs need to be fixed after the official release, I'll contact you to get it fixed up. After official release, if updates are needed, then I'll create a seprate thread for that one.

Rocky, stay stuck to this thread to see when it is finished and is ready to be posted on the News and Downloads.

Seems solid. I'll test everything in the campaign (using the campaign.xml using the fixed mission) to see how everything works out. Plan on release for tomorrow and the Update thread will be titled "Ghost Recon: Xbox Conversion Update thread".