APOLOGY

I am here to make an apology, nothing else.

Throughout my life, I have scorned the titles liar, coward, and rebel. I took pride in knowing that I was a respectable person who did the right thing. But I have not done the right thing, regardless of the fact that this is online and not in real life. Because what you do to people online may someday leak into your face-to-face personality.

I was a liar when I said I would stop making negative comments on Ubisoft's new game. I was a coward when I used excuses to parry the admins' warnings. I was a rebel when I did not respect authority on this website, that I have no rights on.

I sent a message to Rocky full of self-pity and excuses, telling him why I shouldn't be punished. I used the fact that modders like me kept the site going to divert him from banning me, which was a pathetic excuse that was not at all related to the issue at hand.

When I was in church this morning, the sermon spoke to me, and made me realize how wrong I had been to act in this way. I've given my word and many promises and held them very lightly, and for this I am sorry.

Because of the way I've acted, my word means little here, but I hope that you will trust and believe me when I tell you that I will not act in this way any longer. I will uphold my image of an honorable Christian, which I have not done in the past.

Thank you.

-riley

And what exactly are you so mad about "warrior"? I'm guessing that since your posting this on a Ghost Recon fansite and the total strangers on the internet are all you have, it's something to do with:

1. GR not turning out how you like it.
  2. Your threads getting locked.
  3. The fact that this thread has been here for two days and you really want someone to say something.

Also, saying things like

I've always been a warrior, I've been in jujitsu for a few years and am confident knowing that I can take anyone down with just my hands. I don't care if people believe that or not, but the only person I need to prove myself to is myself. I can run an AR or my pistol better than any police officer and probably a lot of military personnel. Since I was 10 years old I would sneak up on people, and I can make myself invisible anywhere. I figured I'd want to join the armed forces when I was older, but now that it is almost a possibility, I've realized something. I will never put myself in a position where I might have to take the life of a person with whom I have no conflict. But if you have an issue with me, I will settle it with you. If you want to fight, I'll fight you and win.

Well, not to be mean or insulting, but it's just funny. There is quite a few military personnel on this website, both current and retired. Same for law enforcement. Telling everyone how "Delta Dan" you are isn't that impressive. Expecially now that I have the image of ten year old invisible "warrior" who can out shoot and ninja me to death.

Hi-ya! :ph34r:

Seriously though, it's the internet bro. Life problems are worthless here, expecially on a VIDEO GAME website.

Come come now Riley, we can be hormonal teenagers together :P I'm in the process of composing a PM to you, don't be afraid of it, but i urge you, when the notification pops up, read it when you have the time :thumbsup:

sorry, trying to lighten the mood a little

Edited by Zeealex

You talk this baloney about how life problems don't belong here, yet half the membership is posting condolences for Tinker because of his cigarettes and lighter that burnt his house and computer.

Riley,

You have a point there. Real life 'problems' do have a place here (if posted in the appropriate section) and I see no problem in posting something that has nothing to do with Ghost Recon at all (bought your shoes already Zee?? ;) ) The sympathy Tinker gets is obviously not because he is a smoker. His house could have burned down because of this accident. It's a poor comparison to weigh that post to yours.

You must understand that the part that Sart quoted you on is a little immature to say the least and the odds of you getting a serious response to something like that is very slim. To be honest, I'm not even sure which feelings you are talking about, because you cluttered it so much with boasting. :huh:

Should you decide to stay on this forum and want to post similar things like this AND you want someone to take the time to write a serious reply, I'd suggest you leave out the clutter. Write it, read it back, adjust if needed, post.

And I always thought that fights don't start, if I'm not causing them ;[). Riley, stop. I'm 16 and I don't really care if someone tries to mock me, I'll just smack back and take the prize with pride :P and I never (neverever) say sorry or apologize, if the people want to be friends with me after having a fight, it's really up to them, I don't care if they hate me, I can live with that, but if they keep annoying me, it's just their own stupidity and they can't stop thinking about you, because they are obviously scared of you and with friends their always cool 'n' stuff, ready to bang some random guy up just for s*** and giggles, move along with it, you'll come out as a winner, most likely you wont see these people on this GR community site in real life, but if you will, just don't be a pr*** to them or it was just a waste of time :].

Not trying to offend you in any way btw.

Edited by Blame

Good grief. When reading my second post in this thread, it really appears a cocaine-loaded hippie from the mental ward and a couple dozen drunk monkeys posted that. I am really embarrassed. I am serious here. That is just messed up and I can't believe I did that. I have this crap about my alleged social issues which don't exist, and then I go on and say all this BS about my 'skills', which, sure, great if you are good with a gun or something but I mean, posting about being a warrior is really pathetic. This looks like something Snake or Karate Kid from the old days would've posted. And then the crap about 'the only guys I've got'. Wow, pretty much saying my only friends are online, which is a really bad impression. I actually have a life, believe it or not. Disregard this please. One of my hormonal moments, maybe?

Sart, sorry for what I said, I had had a bad day and I was careless and expressed my non-existent emotions way too much. You're right, this isn't really the place for this kind of thing. The psychiatrist's chair, yes.

The old, sane, Riley, has hopefully returned cool.gif

Edited by RileyFletcher_01