Operation Stonewall

Here we go again! :shifty:

Operation Stonewall v1 is now ready for beta testing.

This map is built on a clean version of the mission 09 landscape.

There are a couple of new features in the map, it's nothing spectacular but I'll let you see if you can spot them. I'm now running a dedicated server using a second PC so this map has been fully tested using this server.

As is usual there are three new buildings in this map plus all other custom buildings that I have previously made.

Pics below of the new buildings:

new_build01n1n.jpg

new_build01n2n.jpg

new_build01n3n.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the mission,

John

Download:

Operation Stonewall v1.

I cleared tanks (Tanks Objs) then cross the bridge to the other side.

As i hit trigger 06 (is it 06?) right after the bridge I CTD.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Was over 60 FPS all over map before CTD.

John,

We played this last night on the TAW server and did not have any problems. The only thing of note is that Goose said he saw some open spots in the side of the mountian, but I did not see them. Also Jody joined us for this map. There were a couple of people who crashed but it was typical Graw2 crashes. :whistle:

I liked the new buildings and the new tanks! Where did you find those tanks? :ph34r:

I think it is ready to release. :thumbsup:

By the way do you want to buy some new wallpaper? :rofl:

Edited by mexicobob

Hi John.

I was testing today your map to trigger 6. After I crossed the river and died I had this crash:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <Unit>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I have seen it before but I can't remember when does it happend :/

But to this trigger all was working just perfect :thumbsup:

The map looks great!

AI are very alerted, all trigger to 6th working fine :)

Tomorow I'll try again.

Perfect job John :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Daro

Brilliant map, brilliant mission. No missing assetts, all triggers worked, spawn location for ai and players really well laid out.

Great work John, love your new buildings....

Spik@,

I did not recognize them, they looked different. (newer and white).

I don't think they get used much in missions... At least I cannot remember seeing them in any of the missions I've played. They are available in the editor though. They are indeed lighter than the other Abrams and (maybe due to the color?!) look somewhat more sophisticated.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be suprised if John came up with new vehicles either! :lol:

:hi:

Hi John, I thought we have no time this weekend but we made it.

Absolut great new buildings, fantastic mission and a very good usage of the map!

We had no crash and no issues at all.

It was only 2 or 3 times when the FPS went down to 20-22 but this was just for 1 or 2 minutes.

We like the new buildings special the big one with the tanks!

There was a surprise with the double bang at the towers and one time I was on the other side but the explosion hit me as well some how.

All in all it was hard to play (of course because we took hard :rofl: ) and the snipers are placed very smart again.

You did a damn good job,. special with all the code for the amazing value of objectives :thumbsup:

There must be very much lines of scripts inside but still good for low systems as well, thank you for that!

Erika found the place to rest and enjoy the weather so I had to told her that she can do that after the mission is successfully completed :nono:

Finally we was very surprised about the end because we thought this is not possible!?

Very nice!

Hi John

Like most of the comments here the new mission played really well and the new buildings look really good but I had a problem in completing the "Chemical Supplies" objective. Worked my way round the map to this point but could not find a way to complete that objective. I searched but could not see the obvious things like "Plant C4" or a wall box, I guess I must have missed it. Will have another go later. Other than that everything went well, absolutletly no sign of lag. The shooters on the hillside were very difficult to spot but that made it all the more enjoyable and the buildings layout was spot on creating just the right amount of CQB.

Another great effort but the wallpaper really is woeful. Bring on the hessian and the bamboo furniture.

Anthony

Thanks for testing folks.

Pagey & Daro, I'll take a look at trigger 06 to see if there is anything there that could cause a intermittent crash, there are no effects triggered so it's nothing to do with resources. The crash that Pagey posted can sometimes happen if you are using a weapon mod but it can also happen when the unneeded AI are removed from the mission.

As Spik@ mentioned, the tanks are the US Abrams which are in the editor, nothing new here.

Anthony, the Chemical Supplies objective is to clear each floor of AI, when you get close to that building you should see three more waypoints appear, Clear Floor A, Clear Floor B and Clear Floor C, once each floor is cleared of AI you will see a on screen message saying that floor is clear and the marker will disappear.

Thanks to the rest, Mexicobob, Jody and Kaapo for testing and posting your comments.

One thing that does bother me though, for some reason I get the impression that some of you don't like our traditional UK style wallpaper. This is the best that money can buy here in the UK, all I can afford to put on my walls is used newspaper! :lol:

Many thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Hi John,

I forgot to tell that we wish us a couple more AIs in the new buildings at the windows of the 2nd or 3rd floor.

This new buildings at the beginning of the map are great for that.

The bad thing will be that you need to check the windows from a big distance and you see the expensive wallpapers in the target-telescope as well.

I think this can be very painful :o

Klaus

One thing that does bother me though, for some reason I get the impression that some of you don't like our traditional UK style wallpaper. This is the best that money can buy here in the UK, all I can afford to put on my walls is used newspaper!

The bad thing will be that you need to check the windows from a big distance and you see the expensive wallpapers in the target-telescope as well.

I think this can be very painful

I don't ordinarily post to say this but...LMAO

I'm gonna have to find the time to download and play these latest missions.

Got a chance to play it last night, but only had time for about an hour (got across the bridge and turned off the two alarms). Hope to find time to complete it though. Sure wish when playing alone that there was a way to save where I left off. Oh well. But great map (so far from me).

I have to say that GRAW2 is a whole new experience for me because I just got a new computer. I had no idea the screen shook when objectives were blown, and dust flew on the ground when helis flew low (other maps) and such. Wow, what a different experience! And no more slow maps for me. :brucelee:

Hi John,

Just now got a chance to play this one and only had one issue at the beginning of the mission. Right after you blow the initial gate and walk through the small building you come to a fence next to the river. I watched as an AI walked over the embankment and fell to the bottom of the river and heard him walking around down there. I imagine the players could do the same thing. Other than that the mission was flawless as far as I could tell. I love the new buildings! (I think I've said that before .... oh well!).

Cheers,

Rahn

John

Finally got round to giving Stonewall another go and this time managed to complete the Chemical Supplies objective and eventually the whole mission. I think this is another fine achievement. I found no problems during testing. No evidence of lag at all. Only one AI with his face stuck in the wall - could have been a punishment, of course, and no sign of dopey AI they all seemed intent on doing me harm.

Overall an excellent mission on one of my personal favourite maps and like Rahn I am very impressed with the new buildings. I am looking forward to your next effort being a wallpaper-free zone!!

Thanks for all the hard work you obviously put in to bring us all these new pleasures.

Anthony :rocky:

Hi John,

Just now got a chance to play this one and only had one issue at the beginning of the mission. Right after you blow the initial gate and walk through the small building you come to a fence next to the river. I watched as an AI walked over the embankment and fell to the bottom of the river and heard him walking around down there. I imagine the players could do the same thing. Other than that the mission was flawless as far as I could tell. I love the new buildings! (I think I've said that before .... oh well!).

Cheers,

Rahn

Actually, I got a little too far down the slope near the river closer to the dam and fell in. It killed me. So maybe we could survive at the spot you found, but then maybe not.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Rahn, I had the same problem the last time I used this landscape, the AI can fall from great heights and not be killed but we the players aren't so lucky, I think there is one spot where you can get down to the riverbed but I can't remember where that is, all I can say is when you play this mission don't forget your wet suit.

Anthony, I'm never going to live the wallpaper down, I went out a bought the best that money can buy just for you guys and still you don't like it, as you live near London Anthony I would expect you to appreciate our quality UK wallpaper. :P

Looks to me like we are about done here, if anyone has anything else to add then post it up, I'll get this released in the next week or so.

My next mission is underway, expect to see a new feature when it's up for beta, nothing huge but if it works it should add some interesting attack tactics for the AI, something else for you kind folks to watch out for. :devil:

Don't let 'em bother you, they're just jealous that their own houses don't look like that.

Hi John yes I can only say again that you are doing good work graw2 continues to evolve for the better, I'm excited to see how far you can reach, because there is always some change each time when you are doing new folders, colors and surroundings are just beautiful, had it not been for that you have developed so well I would probably quit the game for long time ago, but I'm just glad that this has not happened, the last map here is again one of your best and to be honest john if I encounter a small error is so small a format that I do not like to mention it but this would of course then not be helpful to you if I did not do so it is of course, I keep saying if I encounter a error, finally I would say thanks and I hope I do it for everyone who plays your folders ebk52 =GE=Ghostsoldiers Elite

• 3 weeks later...