where will the new Recon be set?

methz68

Ghost Recons Birthday has just passed,

Now where will the new Recon be set? (location) and do you think it will remain advanced?

What will it be called?

Edit, just to make it quite CLEAR this thread is to speculate on the new Recon! to throw ideas about.. its not to start rumours.

Edited by methz68

I hope they tone down the advanced theme or removed it completely. As for location I think they will have to go for multiple locations or a location with very varied terrain. And knowing Ubi it will have to be far away from any actual hotspots.

So id say:

Madagascar because it has incredibly varied terrain and is in an exotic locations untounched by both the Ghost Recon series and any other game that I can think of. Here's some pics of the different environments that Madagascar has to offer:

madGR4-1.jpg

madGR4-2.jpg

madGR4-3.jpg

madGR4-4.jpg

madGR4-5.jpg

Redstorm will be doing the whole game, The single player campaign will be along the same lines as the current Campaign modes in GRAW 1 & 2

The locations will be set at various hot spots around the glode, Middleeast, Europe, Arttic, Asia.

The Ghost will be using more custom special forces equipment and clothing so each class has a more distinct look and idenity. gone are the Advanced bits of kit. this is back to basics stuff, No GPS and sat links.

I liked the Classes in Return to Castle Wolfenstien on the pc,

Each class had a role, medic, engineer, etc. Each person had to make a choice, do they want to take a lead role in the attack or support the team by being a medic. so there was a element of planning who was going to be who.

I liked the Classes in Return to Castle Wolfenstien on the pc,

Each class had a role, medic, engineer, etc. Each person had to make a choice, do they want to take a lead role in the attack or support the team by being a medic. so there was a element of planning who was going to be who.

Also you needed engineers on certain maps. For example you needed an engineer to demo the wall on the omaha beach map. That game was ahead of its time.

/why was the title of my posted edited?

it said "GHOST RECON 4",

as the description says its pure speculation nothing more!

Pretty obvious really, the topic content is speculation, but clearly labelling the topic GR4 is a statement.

I didn`t edit it, but would of it not already done so. Not a big issue? :D

p.s. I heard rumours the new game will be spread around the various Butlins sites in the UK.

/why was the title of my posted edited?

it said "GHOST RECON 4",

as the description says its pure speculation nothing more!

Pretty obvious really, the topic content is speculation, but clearly labelling the topic GR4 is a statement.

I didn`t edit it, but would of it not already done so. Not a big issue? :D

p.s. I heard rumours the new game will be spread around the various Butlins sites in the UK.

thanks for your contribution!

Edited by methz68

It wasnt Butlins it was Havan and for crying out loud I told you that in confidence.....now thats me sacked :wall:

Seriously though those environments look awesome Paladin... I certainly wouldnt complain about that :D

Using Global Hotspots would allow for this.

Remember when we had snow camo and no snow?

I liked the relit maps, made you play the maps different to how you normally play them. i'd like to see this for all the maps in the new Recon. day, night, storm, sunny. etc.

It would also be nice if you didnt have all the content you could still join a room that was running a certain pack.

The amount of people I have had to explain how to get the Nowhere map when they say they have all the content and cannot join a room.. its funny that they never see the Exclusive map in the game selection?

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they take out some of the Advanced Warfighter elements and move the franchise back into and around Eastern Europe. Maybe have a mission at or near Chernobyl. Loved what COD4 did there with the atmosphere and environment art.

Hiding in the tall grass really made for some great moments in All Ghillied Up. If they'd mix that kind of slower stealthy pacing with classic Ghost Recon I'd be pretty happy.

I'd say that would give us a good variety in terms of weather and locals.

Keep the franchise to GRAW, and this time place us in Iraq, Bagdad etc, with a better colour palet cus GRAW 2's patheticly dull colours had me bored, give us more revolutionised weapons, more 50 cals etc and fix the ai's ability to spot you creeping up behind a boulder/wall/obsticle

I say drop the Ghosts behind enemy lines and abandon them, give them some decent weapons and limited ammo and let them get themselves out fo it. no drone, no comms. no intel. ok let them have a map and a compass.

maybe False Flag Operations?

Nothing would surprise me with UBI at the helm.

Ghost Recon Tellytubby edition.

all we need next is the randon spawn system Vegas 2 just got and we are well on our way to tubby land.. I ###### you not.

I say drop the Ghosts behind enemy lines and abandon them, give them some decent weapons and limited ammo and let them get themselves out fo it. no drone, no comms. no intel. ok let them have a map and a compass.

maybe False Flag Operations?

I had a similar idea that i posted several months ago on the GRAW 2 ubi forums. Here it is:

Setting and story.

Very near future set on an small island of the coast of North Korea. It's the middle of january as that allows for some varied locations on the island. As well as towns, forests, grasslands and mountaineous areas you could also cover everything with snow due to the time of year. I know North Korea has already been covered by many games but it is still the most credible threat and i have a different storyline to follow.

After escalating tensions between China and the US over oil and war in the middle east, a standoff has occured between them over Taiwan. With China wanting to force america to control the situation in the middle east or just pull out so that oil prices stablise. There is limited intelligence that North Korea has been sabotaging peace talks and further escalating the situation with black ops missions in the siberia oil fields and advanced hacking of the chinese stock market. Thus leaving China in a energy and economic crisis.

The reason for North Korea doing this is that they also have there own energy and economic problems which are close to producing all out civil war. And rather than submit to western demands to disarm, they intend to make a play for Japan and South Korea while China and the US shoot it out.

Thats the backdrop. So your special forces team is sent in to get intelligence on a island 12 miles off shore of North Korea which while being observed via satellite has had concentrated troop and armour re-inforcements.

And because of the Taiwan standoff, help from command in the form of intel and resuppliment is limited at best. Therefore you have to rely on your team and your tactics. Especially when entering the insertion point via helo, you're are hit with a SAM and forced to crash land. This destroys some vital equipement. Namely your radio and most of your ammunition.

The finale of the game being stopping North Korea exploding a covert nuke in the middle of the Chinese/US battlezone.

Technical

Im not a developer but i would hope that the island could be made fully dynamic and be streamed so that it was a go anywhere sandbox theme. This would allow for a an incredible experience. Allowing for massive replay value. From the spec sheet of GRAW 2 the tech is already there for day/night and weather cycles and streaming maps has been done countless times on other games like Far Cry and Test Drive Unlimited. But as i said im not a developer so i wouldn't know how possible this is.

Gameplay

The aim of gameplay is to make the player feel like he's in control of the situation, even when the odds are against him/her. Due to the situation of your crash landing , you would have options open to you. Avoid the hunter squads after you, look for communication or look for weapons. All this while still trying to preform your primary mission of gathering intel. This kind of free choice gameplay should be throughout the game. Some would say that this would leave some players confused on what to do. This can be solved by having difficulty levels of easy, normal and elite produce different hints through the game. For example for easy your comrades gives you semi instructions backed up with markers on the map, on normal there are no markers and the comrades only give suggestions. On elite you make the decisions.

Another way to cater for different levels of players is to have 2 modes. Semi realistic and realistic. These would be on offer for both online and offline play. A bit like modifiers but with a greater difference. Severe penalties for not using a weapon in the correct way. If possible add in windage and distance factors to bullet paths. The abilty to adjust your scope accordily would be incrediblily realistic.

• 3 weeks later...

If it keeps going the way it has been, the next GRAW will be set in Wal Mart....still on the shelves....well behind friendly lines.....with no support.....

EDIT: WUPS! Forgive my stupid butt, I thought this was the PC forum. Carry on....

Edited by durka-durka