Future Soldier Console Beta Announced

Rocky

Ubisoft Details Tom Clancy™’s ghost recon: future soldier beta

London, uk – April 5, 2012 – Today Ubisoft announced the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will run from April 19th until May 2nd for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

In the multiplayer beta, up to twelve simultaneous players will have the opportunity to choose from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and experience the intense adversarial online action in two different modes:

Conflict

· Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins

· Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes

Saboteur (available starting April 26th)

· Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base

· Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes

Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill).

The beta can be accessed in the following ways:

· Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Owners

o Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game

· Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and receive a Xbox 360 beta key

· Also, look out for additional key giveaways online

I purchased Splinter Cell: Conviction on release date. I actually had it pre-ordered for months on end before release. I was told to keep my disc to have early access to the beta. So now I get the beta the same day as the people who pre-ordered GRFS? Also Ubisoft is giving out codes?

Some guy Alex who was live streaming from Pax East being interviewed by a frag doll said that the Beta opens on the 19th. I've heard that it starts on the 12th for SCC owners. Any chance on getting some clarification on what the actual dates are with the correct details. You know, PS and XBOX, closed and open etc etc. This Alex guy mentioned that it was a "Semi Closed" beta. Anyone know the truth?

Edited by Killer Surf