Mission #2: coup d'etat

Thanks Dannick,

Found it! Don't remember it being like that pre 1.30 update!

I agree, you'd think they'd at least put some sort of label on the third box!

Mike

BTW just a feeling but anyone think the missions are just a bit more difficult after the 1.30 patch?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Getting some weird stuff happening since I applied 1.30!

Now, in Quarterback, got to the construction site barricade. I can send the guys through but if I go through I get the warning that I'm moving out of the mission area! The mission shuts down if I keep going!

What's going on, something else I've missed in the 1.30 patch or what??

Mike.

Edited by tecmic

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the top of the carpark to find the helicopter ready to resupply you with the Zeus, You have to press x when close to the helicopter (as if getting in it), You'll then find it on the left hand column under the normal gun selections. Make sure you click on the third (empty) box in the kit selection first then click on equip and it should now be yours to take out the tank!

After resupplying, I'd recommend (VERY STRONGLY RECOMMEND) taking a look at the TacMap and considering dropping some hand grenades over the edge before trying to put a missile on the tank. You'll have a couple seconds once the tank sees you before it can fire, but the guys who come in on foot on the ground won't wait. They'll cut you to ribbons before you can lock the missile on the tank and fire. Again, TacMap. Use the waypoint to aim your grenade tosses in the middle of groups of enemy dismounts.

And good luck, CPT Mitchell.....

Can you shoot it from the rooftop? I kept getting an target obstructed message or something.

So hold down the right mouse and when it locks on hit the left mouse button to fire?

I tried this about 3 times and couldn't get it to fire. I'm sure its me, but just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

make sure you find a spot where you have clear sight of the tank, but he doesn't see you....

• 1 month later...

First crash so far. Mission #2, at the VIP 2 location with that annoying Abrahams cornering me and the rest of the ghosts in the building. Anyway, I take out the pesky sniper from a window and reign in my over-eager guys (do they really think they can take on a tank?!) and try to go to the south of the building in search of a safer hold position and/or a roundabout route to take on any dismounts without facing that monster. Before I reach the south of the car park though, screen goes half sky and half black. Game sounds continue but my screen remains frozen. ALT+F4 did fortunately work, but I'd like to avoid that in the future.

PC Specs:

E6300 Core2Duo

1GB DDR RAM

ASRock 775Dual-VSTA

BFG GeForce 7600GT

All temps appear normal; cpu <40° and gpu <70°.

Game patched to 1.30

Windows XP Home SP2

PS: You are supposed to run from that tank right?

I can't address the crash, but if I recall the mission in question, having played it once, a few months ago, the tank has you pinned in a parking garage.

As I recall, you are meant to hold the garage, take out the snipers, until you get a message to meet a helicopter on the roof, to re-equip with an anti-tank weapon. If you tried to leave the garage, that may be (a scripting bug) the cause of the crash. A guess, entirely, but for some reason, I think it's a known issue.

Ok, here is my problem. Finally got to the roof top, nailed all the snipers and all the ground troops. Went to the chopper to re-equip and guess what? No Zeus in the list!

I can change weapons once and what ever weapon I select I am stuck with. I can no longer change to anything else.

Oh boy! Not a happy camper right now.

Patch v1.30

Update - Restarted from a previous checkpoint and all is good. Very strange. I hope the rest of the game isn't as buggy!

Edited by marchafb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, people.

I"m having a little problem in mission 2. When I make the drop from the helicopter, one of my teammates are getting stucked inside a building. He uses the same rope that I use. I tried to go down before him, but in that way, I'm the one who get inside the ######ing place... And there's no way out. Have this happened for anyone here? How can I make the drop without this happen??? Please, help me.

Im having the exact same problem. I cant TK cause they r inside a wall....

ANy solution for this glitch?

I know this is an old topic but I'm bored so yeah. Anyways, when I blow the tanker, I do it with a grenade launcher and from the left side of the street. In order to keep all my Ghosts alive, I have them hidden in this little passage way. It's kinda like an overpass on a building and also like a tunnel. Kinda hard to explain but yeah I keep them hidden in there and I have Kirkland covering the corner cause sometime a guy or two will come running from there. and I have Brown covering where the reinforcements(apc and a few infantrymen) come from. and I just have allen next to a wall. But yeah that way the tank can't see us and we're in a pretty good position to ambush any reinforcements. Sorry if this hasn't helped. It's pretty hard to explain.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in mission 2. I have just arrived on the roof of the car park and went to the chopper to resupply. Surprise, no rocket launcher on board the chopper. Now what will I do? I do not have a full crew. I lost a man on the way to the roof.

[Merged with the existing Mission #2: coup d'etat discussion thread]

Common problem, but it's just an interface issue, not a bug.

When resupplying, click the blank, third tab (to the right of your sidearm) and a list of available extras will open up. The Zeus will be there, if it's available for the mission.

You can also use this third slot for other things, like extra ammo, grenades, etc. Don't forget that you can also equip your team's third slot.

• 2 months later...

while in Mission 2 I was stuck on destroying the heavy amor tank.. lol, but I didn't know about the "3rd tab" must have spent like 2/3 days on that mission, because i didn't see the rocket launcher. but anyway

where is the ROCKET LAUNCHER in mission #2 take out the tank.

Cheers....

JohnG....

[split from mission 3 thread and Moved to the Mission 2 thread]

Edited by Pave Low

• 1 month later...

I'm having a little problem.

I'm at the car garage, I get to the Heli and I get a rocket off it to destroy the tank. But I can't seem to be able to use the thing. :wall:

I re-played that point gave it to another and they didn't want to use it after I send the attack command.

I left clicked the rocket and the sight starts to come up never activates so I can't aim it. :blink:

Any freak'in clue as what I did wrong. :huh:

Hold down the right mouse to use the sight it will lock onto a heatsource then fire

Can you shoot it from the rooftop? I kept getting an target obstructed message or something.

So hold down the right mouse and when it locks on hit the left mouse button to fire?

I tried this about 3 times and couldn't get it to fire. I'm sure its me, but just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Heh, this is an ancient post, and, as usual I am behind the times, just starting GR:AW. Had the same trouble as I had the ZOOM attached to my Mousewheel UP. For the ZEUS, the ZOOM needs to be held to get the sight up, and the Mouse Wheel up was just doing a momentary toggle..which worked for the Primary. Changed the key binding to a real key and held it until the ZEUS sight was up. Posting just in case it helps someone else late to the party :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm having problems with coup d'etat mission 2; the helicopter on the car park roof where you chose newer weapons & then face a tank.

I can enter the helicopter (pressing X)and chose the rocket launcher.

When I leave the helicopter (pressing X) I have the rocket launcher as part of my arsnal; & a pistol & a rifle.

I can take all the bad guys out but cannot then access the rocket launcher to destroy the tank.

The weapon showing (bottom right screen) is the rifle. I have tried allsorts & still cannot access any other weapon than the rifle.

I am playing GR:AW on a laptop. Will this affect the controls available to me?

Any help is much appreciated because I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what it is I am NOT doing right.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Coup d'etat: Reach VIP Position - no VIP at the car park

Has anyone run into this issue:

After destroying the tanker and having checkpoint 7 saved, I kill all the enemy soldiers that can be found and then flee the advancing tank. Upon arriving at the car park, I found no VIP. I've played through several times, killing various groups of soldiers at different times. The most obvious answer is an un-killed enemy, but I've run around the entire area shooting my rifle randomly to draw attention. I've run around the tank looking for a soldier hidden in that area and probed far and wide until hitting the mission boundary. Still nothing at the car park.

Has anyone seen this or having any ideas as to a solution?

Thanks.

[Merged with existing Mission 2 discussion thread]

Edited by Pave Low

If you mean the small square where the limo is parked, then there is no VIP there. Just sit tight, kill the bad guys that attack the square, and you'll get a new waypoint (at a gas station; watch out for the tank there!).

I suspect you mean the multi-level parking garage with friendlies (including a Stryker armored vehicle)? If so, surpise! No VIP here either :) Your objective is to get rid of the bad guys, including the tank. To do that, you need to get your hands on an anti tank missile (i.e. the ZEUS). Go the the top level of the parking garage (watch out for snipers on the nearby rooftops!). There you will find a Blackhawk helicopter. Move to the door and a text will appear at the bottom of the screen, telling you to hit the "use" key (default X) to rearm. Now you get the inventory screen. Select the third equipment slot (the one to the left) and equip the ZEUS. Now you have a weapon able to deal with the enemy tank so go ahead and blow it up :) VIP's won't appear until later missions.

Happy gaming :)

Respectfully

krise madsen

krise, thanks for the info. The 3 level parking garage ( or "car park" in the mission brief ) is the one I mean. In addition to no VIP, there's also no APC and no friendlies. No enemies have ever shown up either, except for the one time I refrained from killing all the soldiers near the tanker and then got them to follow me back to the parking structure.

From the pics I've seen, the Stryker should already be there on the first level as soon as I arrive, but it isn't and it never appears no matter how long I wait. I've gone back to the previous save point, "Diversion", and then attacked from the west rather than the east as I had done before, but with the same result.

I have somehow managed to miss some trigger somewhere along the way, but have no idea when and where.

I do have some mods in place: Bretzies' weapon pack and several interface mods (no reticle, etc). I don't see how that would affect anything, but I may have to remove them and replay from the beginning to verify that.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

UPDATE: I did end up restarting, but with all the same mods in place and was able to advance to checkpoint 8 and the next mission.

Edited by Chocko

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , just got into the game, its great. I am at the coup de tat section on top of the car park where i am supposed to pick up a rocket launcher from the chopper. I get to the chopper and "no rocket launcher....hellllpppp. What do i do?

[Merged with the existing Mission 2 discussion thread & Please do not post in ALL CAPS!]

Edited by Pave Low

Hi there :hi:

First, shoot all the rooftop snipers around the car park before they shoot you. Then go to the helicopter and press the "use" button (default X). That should bring up the inventory screen where you can see a "box" for your primary weapon and one for your secondary weapon. Note the "empty space" to the right? Click on that, and you get a list of accessories (ammo, hand grenades e.c.t., as well as the ZEUS anti tank missile. Don't forget to re-equip your team mates as needed.

Happy gaming :)

Respectfully

krise madsen