Clear Hud 1.2

I dont think there is a way to add such a feature with only XML editing.

If you feel going to scope/ironsights takes too long you could use the top center of the order-menu to guide you. The center of the top cell ("move") is where the crosshair used to be I believe.

I'm so not ready to mod this game yet... Afraid to screw something up...

Basicly every change except the final change has been a screw-up on my end ;)

1.) Reducing the size of the chat window top-center.

2.) Better transparency on HUD items

3.) Smaller HUD Items

4.) Aimpoint/Crosshair transparency increased

5.) Transparency on friendlies diamonds and the removal of enemy diamonds completely.

1: Chatwindow is invisible in my mod.

2: Good idea, I'll experiment with it.

3: I dont think they are intruding that much with the colour I've selected.

4: Are you talking about the red-dot scope or the blue crosshair? Crosshairs gone in my mod.

5: Is removing all of them except the orange highlighted member-icon okay? See my humble mod.

Still like the chat window, because as much as I hope, not everyone uses voice comms on my squad and visitors also... Typing things out can and will get ya killed forcing you to have to respawn in MP. However, it's still a nice thing to have for those that don't have our voice comms address, even though I give it out.

I was referring to the blue crosshair... I don't want it totally removed so that whene we get new people in our server, people that are n00bs won't complain about it being gone. LOL

I'd definitely go for the highlighted orange member-icon, but more transparent. Definitely remove the enemy red diamonds is an absolute must.

I personally think that HUD Items have always been too big... If it's possible to reduce the size, definite added bonus in my book.

Also... I've not seen your mod, and I really don't know where to get them.

Edited by ToW-Angel

Grab the mod, you wont be disappointed! Easily uninstallable also if need be..

Great Job as usual Shads!

Btw........... Hows my little nut eating squirrel friend Rocky? Long time no see m8! Hehe its me Storm, couldnt remember my old login tried it with @war but didnt work..

Hrm... well, I made a comment on the download page then figured out an email that would work with these boards. Ah well.

You said, "The crosshairs have been removed and they ain't coming back. If you want them visible just delete the crosshair_xxxx.xml files."

My comment reply says, "Fair enough Shadow. How about the multiplayer minimap border color? I'd ask in the forums but don't know my isp email addy and can't register. If I were to want to bring the crosshairs back, but with the dark color to match the rest of the UI, how would I?"

So yeah... that's more or less all I was/am wondering. Thanks again for the great hud. :grin3:

Is this map you're talking about in Domination only?

Cus I have yet to try that game-type. I'll look into it.

I dont remember seeing GR1 without a RET. !!!??? IF THIS HAD ONE ID USE IT.

I dont remember GR1 had ironsight or even 3d-models of the weapons :whistle:

You dont need crosshair when you have ironsights, unless you want CQB simplefied.

Shadow_ASP, I've been running your mod in the GR:AW Community Mod Pack v1.0 without any problems (for all those interested in doing to same). The only thing that I did for myself was not include some of your .xml files to my GUI folder. The xml files that I used are:

(I removed the "1" from the xml files to make them work for me)

- ammo

- frame_bl

- frame_br

- frame_tl

- frame_tr

- health

- interface_items

- members

- orders

- orders_hud

- weapon_list

- xcom

I love this new and improved clean view. I especially love that I don't see those damn ugly corner borders anymore. Thank you very much.

I just have one question or request...

Can you make the team list on the tactical map show for the non-leader Ghosts?

In CO-OP, the team list does not show on the HUD or on the tactical map for the non-leaders. Maybe only the leader should see the team list on the HUD, but the other team members should be able to see the list on the tactical map only. Personally I would trash the team list on the HUD even for the team leader. The tactical map should be the only place to show a team list. Imagine the mess the HUD will be in when we have more than 4 CO-OP players.

silent_op

I dont think I can do anything about the member icons not appearing for non-leaders. I dont know enough about GRAW's inner workings for that.

I think GRIN will have to think of something if the game is to support more than 4 playables on the same team in regards to the members on the HUD.

I have a few more fixes and tweaks to take care of and I'll release my update.

I have to make them quick or chances are the update will never be finished (I expect the first ArmA beta to arrive tomorrow and I dont think modding GRAW will be on the top of my list after that). So I hope no more issues have been found. :o=

• 5 months later...

I'm either a bit confused or there's been a error in the news post... The version posted in the news does not appear to be the most recent, even the "Description" section from the link on the top news item on GRN today shows version 1.33 being the latest version -- the download however has the filename "graw_hud_v012.rar", and a "Readme.txt" that suggests this is in fact version 1.2... Also, I have a version 1.3 of this mod that I downloaded over three months ago which is most definately not compatable with COOP as the front page news item suggests...

I think some attention to the matter and a correction would be nice before some that don't bother with these forums download this 1.2 version of the mod, and assume the worst...

:blink:

I'm either a bit confused or there's been a error in the news post... The version posted in the news does not appear to be the most recent, even the "Description" section from the link on the top news item on GRN today shows version 1.33 being the latest version -- the download however has the filename "graw_hud_v012.rar", and a "Readme.txt" that suggests this is in fact version 1.2... Also, I have a version 1.3 of this mod that I downloaded over three months ago which is most definately not compatable with COOP as the front page news item suggests...

I think some attention to the matter and a correction would be nice before some that don't bother with these forums download this 1.2 version of the mod, and assume the worst...

:blink:

Sorry about that, the correct version is now in the downloads section.