######! ghost recon became rainbow6!

gDADDY

i loved the series, and rushed out and picked up GRAW and was blown away by the COMPLETE and TOTAL game swap,

This game is rainbow 6 NOT the ghost recon series....

no more 3rd person no more prone no more gun camera no more lone wolf!!!!!

i wish i could get my $ back on principle alone!!!!

...next to silly AI sometimes the series was my favorite game of all times....

Who the hell does this to comsumers,

what other series has done this!

...its even choppy on the xbox....!!!!

LAME!

To be honest, I don't know why you bought the XBOX1 version, if that's what you're saying. It was clearly nothing but an attempt to make a little money of people who didn't have 360's yet, at their expense.

Yah I didnt know this. I and 4 of my friends went out and bought this game yesterday, because we all play all the time GR2, and we were all so ###### last night, you have to unlock missions? Maybe because Im not the typical magazine subscribing gamer, and I didnt know there was no 3rd person, I had no idea they were scrapping the PERFECT GR2 engine and switchign to the rainbow 6 engine, and I can't even lay down on the ground anymore. not to mention the lame graphics, horrible choppiness in multiplayer and really bad footstep sounds. I mean its like a lame halo now.

I just HOPE HOPE HOPE there will be another summit strike style expansion for GR2.

and to be fair, one of my friends did buy both versions, and said the 360 version is amazing.

I doubt there will. RSE's on to GRAW 360 MP stuff now, and I don't see UBI going back to it. :unsure:

Well i guess this answers my question about how good the xbox version is...

So far at Game Rankings it has only gotten 1 review; a 90% from OXM.

How are the graphics compared to GR2SS?

Are there helo-rides in this version?

No ####, you can't go prone?

Not cool!

so i havent been given the wrong disc...

i was actually thinking that the dics got switched in some programming accident for a moment....

i dont bother to tune into chatter when i am convinced that a series would not be changed so much....

has this ever been done before??

??

so is the 360 version a rainbow 6 clone to, do i have to consider summit strike the end of the real ghost recon series???

...dissapointment of the year in gameing imo.

i was expecting better AI and more stages....but i got rainbow "7" instead

no more 3rd person no more prone no more gun camera no more lone wolf!!!!!

just a quick note, that is NOT the GR series of games...

i can tell ur a consoler...

and GR2 and GR2:SS are NOT the GR series of games either!

go try some [GR] on PC, ull see what im talkin bout...

Edited by desertranger12

This is getting confusing. The original posters seem to be complaining about exactly what I like and look for as an OG PC GR gamer. But then all this talk about xBox being a shoddy red haired cousin of its x360 bretheren is really depressing. I'm so confused.

i noticed that the older GR series is more like rainbow6 , but i thought that after 2011 and summit strike why do they go back to the old format...

i hated island thunder and GR1, they sucked imo, and i loved the latter 2 versions...one expects tweeking a sequal not a complete startover...

i wont bother to buy another clancy game without renting it first, its obvious they are a bunch of unpredictable flakes....

in automotive terms:

thats like pre-ordering the new GTI and getting a damn spiffed up rabbit...

jerks!

"this is not the GR series"

...respectfully, did you read the box bro, fooled me, the whole "ghost recon advance warfighter" thing....

ghost recon is dead aparently...

thanks for not flakeing SOCOM....

ghost recon is just a socom copy anyway, with worse AI.

"this is not the GR series"

...respectfully, did you read the box bro, fooled me, the whole "ghost recon advance warfighter" thing....

ghost recon is dead aparently...

thanks for not flakeing SOCOM....

ghost recon is just a socom copy anyway, with worse AI.

I apologize for desertranger12 foolishness. Both GR2 and GRAW are Ghost Recon games, of course.

GRAW Xbox is pretty worthless, but GRAW 360, like I already said, is like GR2, just greatly improved. Look for some reviews. :thumbsup:

i noticed that the older GR series is more like rainbow6 , but i thought that after 2011 and summit strike why do they go back to the old format...

i hated island thunder and GR1, they sucked imo, and i loved the latter 2 versions...one expects tweeking a sequal not a complete startover...

i wont bother to buy another clancy game without renting it first, its obvious they are a bunch of unpredictable flakes....

in automotive terms:

thats like pre-ordering the new GTI and getting a damn spiffed up rabbit...

jerks!

strange you seem to think GRAW went back to the 'RB6 style' and that you preferred GR2 over [GR]...if anything, GR2 was the most similar to the rainbow six (xbox) series, [GR] was a slower paced, more tactical game. GRAW on the 360 at least is a nice throwback to the old, slower paced tactical days of [GR], cant speak much for the xbox version though, I would have waited to get the 360 vers.

I personally think it's all about how you approach the game, if you run and gun...you'll do it wherever you can, if you like a slower paced game, you'll use that style. I only really play no respawn siege and take a sniper pretty much every round :)

i get it now 360 version is the daddy and xbox is a steaming pile of donkey ######....

thanks guys for clearing it up for me....

[i still think they are jerks for doing this]

guess i MUST read chatter and reviews before buying ANY game....even an established series.

The thing is gDaddy is that you are feeling the frustration that many Xbox gamers felt when Ghost Recon 2 came out as it completely changed the Ghost Recon format. Many fans of the original games of the series, Operation Ghost Recon and its expension packs, felt severly let down by Ghost Recon 2 and Summit strike. So to answer your question as to whether a series has ever completely changed the answer is yes... the ghost recon series completely changed between the first and second game and it sounds like they have now gone back to the original for inspiration for GR3. I really enjoyed GR1 and GR2 and all its expansion packs as it has some of the best online play ever. I haven't bought GRAW for the Xbox as I have just bought a 360 in order that I could play it on that instead.

Personally I would never buy a game without first looking into it at least a little bit

GRAW XBox uses Ubi's Yeti engine and not the RSE engine as GRAW X360 does for MP. The SP portion of GRAW X360 uses the Yeti engine also.

just a small rectification:

Yeti engine is only used for the next gen versions, not on old gen like Xbox. It's a full next gen engine (so should be used for a mono processor platform).

WHAT DID I SAY! :lol: i knew this game was goin' to be ######. i knew it. some people on here acted like i was an ass just tryin' to rant and doom the game. look at the screenshots! they're down right awful. i havent played it, but i was going to rent it today. so far it doesnt really seem worth the trouble.

i get it now 360 version is the daddy and xbox is a steaming pile of donkey ######....

thanks guys for clearing it up for me....

[i still think they are jerks for doing this]

guess i MUST read chatter and reviews before buying ANY game....even an established series.

why are they jerks for doing this ? i read many many times before the xbox 1 version of graw came out that they were taking the game in a "different" direction. They openly said this. You have a right to be dissappointed but saying they are jerks for changing the game when they openly said that the xbox 1 version was going to go in a different direction isnt cool. As a matter of fact they said all versions were going to be significantly different experiences. Xbox , 360 and pc. i think you should have done more research