Stuck on the first level (PS2)

Stickles

Hi guys. I just picked up Ghost Recon the other day. I played it for the first time last night and made my way through the city and eventually met up with my first solider named "Brown". As soon as I get there th ehelicopter takes off and I am left in this place alone with Brown. I can't get out of where I am because there is nothing to climb and nothing to do in this "room" because y ou have to sort of jumo down in this pit where the helicopter and "Brown" are.

I see the blue arrow which is supposed to be the point you need to get to. I walk on it but nothing happens.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? I cannot get out of this room, there are two gun turrets and a place where you can heal yourself but there are no ladders etc.

Can someone help?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When you are in the courtyard with Brown there is a large gate infront of you, if you go to cover the machine gun behind the sandbags this gate will open and lots of enemies will appear that you can kill once cleared proceed with caution out through the gateway.