sigh

babydave

Ubisoft announces new maps, missions and modes exclusively for the Xbox version of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 MultiMission (working title) will provide a wealth of new single and multiplayer missions that plunge Xbox players into the dangerous, heart-racing world of the Ghosts, an elite military team who is the first and last line of defense on the battlefield.

from the GR2 front page

At least we know why they dont have the resources to make a PC game for us - They have been putting all their effort into Downloadable content for the xbox since it was released by the looks of it.

- They have been putting all their effort into Downloadable content for the xbox
MultiMission isn't a free downloadable - It's an expansion pack CD which has to be purchased and it would have been worked on by a separate team.

It was GR3 that ultimately took the resources away from GR2

With the launch of Ghost Recon 3 planned for Winter 2005, significant human resources were needed to ensure the quality of the future instalment of the series, thus potentially jeopardizing the quality of either Ghost Recon 2 PC or Ghost Recon 3. Taking into account their close release dates, and the fact that we felt the third opus would be a much more satisfying and evolved gaming experience, we were forced to conclude that it was in the interest of gamers for us to cancel the PC version of Ghost Recon 2

It was GR3 that ultimately took the resources away from GR2

While GR3 has been given the green light, the fact they actually stopped work on the PC version to finish the XBox version of GR2 first should have been a tip-off, but it seems we all missed the signal. They said practially the same thing about GR2 then, they had to stop production of the PC version so they could get the console version out the door. Even restarting production within 2 weeks after the release of the XBox version, production would still be at least 2 months behind schedule (a guess mind you). That decision really hurt the PCs chances of seeing GR2 IMO. For that, I still blame Ubi.

Yeah, that "short delay", ended up putting GR2-pc in direct competition with it's bigger and better sibling.

A very short-sighted decision by UBI, no doubt motivated by the bigger console version profit margin.

it seems we all missed the signal

Speak for yourself. I'm just trying to remember how many months back I first got flamed for daring to suggest that GR2-PC was a fantasy...

A very short-sighted decision by UBI, no doubt motivated by the bigger console version profit margin

My thoughts exactly.

Speak for yourself. I'm just trying to remember how many months back I first got flamed for daring to suggest that GR2-PC was a fantasy...

Ahh, But it wasn't a fantasy, it was real and it was well in production ;)

Just didn't make business sense to continue and release it and then release GR3 a short while later :(

I supose we are "lucky" <_< they didnt rush it's release and then patch it to death like RavenShield :wall:

I bought GR2 for xbox to tide myself over till the PC version came out

Now that the PC version is cancelled i don't think i can bring myself to get the expansion.. (but you never know)

Kind of a kick in the groin though

Hey we don't have time to make a pc version but we had time to make an expansion for the xbox......

Do we know for sure that it wasn't RSE that made the expansion?

Ahh, But it wasn't a fantasy, it was real and it was well in production ;)

Just didn't make business sense to continue and release it and then release GR3 a short while later.

I find it hard to believe that it was well into production and then they just decided it was a smart business decision to pull the plug because of GR3. No concrete proof of any PC GR3 anyhow. Just console junk. I doubted GR2 and I really doubt GR3 for the PC gamer.

What is to stop history from repeating itself? All resources will be put to getting GR 3 console out by Christmas, possibly to the point of stopping production of the pc game. Then, more resources are needed to make a console expansion and downloadable content. Will making a pc game ever be a priority at Ubi?

Just have some faith.  :thumbsup:

:blink: We had plenty of faith in RSE with GR2 and look what that got us. They can't justify pulling the plug on a PC game they know would be a good seller. Maybe the talent to create another top notch PC GR is no longer there. :unsure:

Just have some faith.

I had faith when you said you'd seen GR2 in development. You told us to be patient then and wait :(

Strangely, i have no faith left in RSE/UBI to release a worthy PC game <_<

we shall see come E3 i guess