Red Storm Rising 12-mission campaign

Variable13

This is the information that I get Ike file. I would like to help me to know that may be failing. thanks.

GhostRecon caused an Access Violation in module GhostRecon.exe at 0023:007f6f70.
Exception handler called in Main Thread.
Error occurred at 6/24/2013 21:46:44.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon\GhostRecon.exe, run by Frank.
2 processor(s), type 586.
3840 MBytes physical memory.
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0023 EIP=007f6f70 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=02de8b08 SS=002b ESP=0018fa48 EBP=0018fab8
ECX=0018fa64 DS=002b ESI=00000000 FS=0053
EDX=1e1c80f8 ES=002b EDI=00000d61 GS=002b
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 0e 8b 51 04 8b 44 32 04 85 c0 0f 84 a1 00 00
Stack trace:
007F6F70: GhostRecon.exe! <no symbol>, <no file>, <no line>
1DF142A0: <no module><no symbol>, <no file>, <no line>
007F6940: GhostRecon.exe! <no symbol>, <no file>, <no line>
90909090: <no module><no symbol>, <no file>, <no line>

The Ike.log:

***** User's system configuration *****
CPU: AuthenticAMD 3013 MHz Recent AMD
RAM: 3840 MB
O/S: Microsoft Windows NT Family 6.1 Service Pack 1 build 7601
Ghost Recon (RELEASE) version = 1.4.0.0(0)
RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1280x1024 window at 0,0 on monitor Monitor PnP genérico attached to NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Monitor PnP genérico attached to NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
HAL (hw vp): NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 R5G6B5
RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device Altavoces (VIA High Definition Audio)
driver is {0.0.0.00000000}.{33a88d43-9371-4d08-bd17-308dbece770a}
RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device Altavoces (VIA High Definition Audio)
driver is {0.0.0.00000000}.{33a88d43-9371-4d08-bd17-308dbece770a}
Loading map c:\program files (x86)\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\heroes unleashed\map\tg01c_outpost_night\tg01c_outpost_night.map
RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file kedr-pss.kit
Maybe this make crash? : RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file kedr-pss.kit

• 1 month later...

way late, but im having the same issue. HU latest release seems to be missing /all/ the .kit files in the equip folder

I am going to install and /older/ version to see how that works

Where i can download a old version of this campaign? i need the .kit files too......

way late, but im having the same issue. HU latest release seems to be missing /all/ the .kit files in the equip folder

I am going to install and /older/ version to see how that works

Where i can download a old version of this campaign? i need the .kit files too......

i found all the versions on Mod DB. i used..b5 or something of the like.

• 3 years later...

Yes, same here. :thumbsup:

Glad you like it, Variable13. I always felt really bad that later versions of Heroes Unleashed broke compatibility with your excellent Red Storm Rising mod, so I went through all the stuff needed from HU beta 4 and implanted it into RSR for this version, and it should now look and play exactly as you intended at the time of its original creation. It's such a classic (and classy!) campaign, and I highly recommend anyone who hasn't played it yet, to download and play the Red Storm Rising mod ASAP!

Edited by ApexMods

I fired this up last night, seemed to hit a snag with the first mission though - there was no enemy assault..?

I heard gunfire outside, took a peek out the front door and saw a bunch of friendlies down, took out one enemy and shut the door again. After that there was nothing, I eventually went outside and patrolled the town, the car park etc, nothing....?

I got GR up and running (thanks, Apex!) and played the first mission.  There is a group of tangos in the far NE corner of the map that seem to not want to go anywhere, so I will check their path and timer.  But I took them out and the mission completed.

Edited by Variable13
  • Like 3

Wow! This defines 'longevity' in tactical realism gaming! Great, engaging content that still inspires, the labor of love of putting it together, and to see it and be reminded again: Ghost Recon is and remains the high water mark of tactical realism that is still unsurpassed in so many regards it's mind boggeling! Thank you Variable13 & ApexMods for keeping on and keeping this alive! You sirs, are a gift to realism gaming along with Rocky for keeping GRN going! And everyone else that contributed to the original work of course!

Edited by 101459
  • Like 1