No Prolonged Violence in Future Soldier

Rocky

So what's the difference between Violence, and Prolonged Violence? One year, according to the board tasked with rating games, which is the ESRB if you are in the US or Canada. Rated M for Mature, Future Soldier can be purchased by a 17 year old, but had they deemed the kill streak, violence "prolonged", it would have meant only 18 years olds and above could buy the game.

If like me you never really paid much attention to game ratings before, educate yourself with our short explanation, it's quite interesting - especially if you are looking for a job that means playing games, a lot.

I'm 16, I've been playing Clancy games since I got my first PC (around 2001-2002), the age limit was a concern for me, but as you guys gave me some info about it, apparently I'm allowed to buy it in Europe right? :P

I would say that the age limit should be 14 and over since the younger ones do get annoying on voice comms if you can't mute them. And again the blood and gore games make em more violent towards the ones in school that are not so " cool " like them.

Yeah Riley, I really think I do, as where I live even 5 year old girls that go to kinder garten play video games on computer. Seen 8 year old boys from 2nd grade playing Counter Strike at library. YES I'M PRETTY SURE. And also there are tons of videos on youtube of under 10 years old kids rage in COD or BF.

• 2 weeks later...

I first played Doom when I was 5. Been playing violent games ever since. You know when I'm violent? When I need to be. People use to say that Rock & Roll made kids bad. Then it was comics. Then it was Metal. You know what makes kids violent? Mental disorders and bad parenting. Among other things.

Exactly. Seems video games are tagged with every single bad quality anyone thinks of these days, but really, most of it is because parents plop them down in front of a screen and let them play for days on end without breaks. Even I get frustrated and irritable after being on this PC for a long time, especially doing intense or complicated modding stuff.

Now, try scripting 117 explosion effects into a mission, and you are guaranteed to become violent.