White-Skull Valley

deleyt

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first screenshots of a textured Wilderness Castle are ready and can be seen HERE

Not all objects are textured and some still have some texture-errors which need to be corrected.

The map has been tested in Ghost Recon and it runs like a charm.

Zeko has been working on the terrain aswell and I must say that it's looking VERY promising (FYI: the terrain used in the screenshots is not the one he's making)

Screenshots of the terrain will be posted by Zeko soon I think, so you might want to check in regularly for the latest developments.

To date I have had several donations of maps for the communtiy mod.

You gave us permission to include your map and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sorry bud, thanks for your enthousiasme but maybe you misunderstood something here. I didn't give you explicit permission to use it. I simply said "the map will be made public" in answer to your question if it will be. That means that eventually the map will be made open-source but at a time when we see fit and in a map-pack we seem fit.

This map will most likely already be spoken for for a special occasion (no info will be given yet :P ).

Besides...me and Zeko probably want to see what map-pack you're compiling.

wow, it looks great with the textures. and nice skybox btw, what map is it from? or is it a custom skybox?

Yes, it is a custom skybox (as all textures will be).

We are not sure if it's going to be this one though..we have several to pick from. The final skybox depends a little on the overall ambiance of the map. The skybox needs to add to the atmosphere.

I don't know if screenies are necessary. These aren't custom maps only for the mod. The community mod showcases known maps already out there. We do have two that are being customized but the list so far is

dedust

ossetian woodland

stronghold (conversion to night)

mytoan sniper (also customized)

traffic jam

perhaps one more but they are already available seperately. I already have permission from all the map makers to include them in the mod. I just thought yours would be good too. Too often ones favorite maps are not included in mods.....just wanted to spread access of your map to as many as possbile is all . :(

Here are the latest pictures. :D

These are ingame-screenshots (no lighting is done yet so there is no darkmap and they seem a bit blunt and over-lighted).

The textures are very detailed yet low in filesize. Some details are very subtle, like the drops of water on the mirror in the bathroom, the stains on the walltiles or the drainplugs in the sink. The pooltable has some nice details like the poolcue with a realistic tip and the characteristic pattern on the handle. The poolballs match their number and color and have small specular touches to make 'em more shiny.

Also the pooltablecloth has strokes of chalk on spots that are used a lot like the breakspot.

Hope you like 'em.

Click the thumbs.

Realistic river (it flows ofcourse):

s_outdoor_river1.jpg s_outdoor_river2.jpg

Castle veranda:

s_outdoor_varanda1.jpg

Gamesroom with pooltable:

s_room_pool1.jpg s_room_pool2.jpg s_room_pool3.jpg

Lockerroom:

s_room_locker1.jpg

Bathroom:

s_room_bath1.jpg s_room_bath2.jpg s_room_bath3.jpg