next Mass Effect game in a playable state already

Pave Low

Interesting article over at Destructoid, that the next game based in the Mass Effect universe is already in a playable state, even though it's not due until late 2014

the basis for the article is a tweet by general manager Aaryn Flynn:

"Great time playing the next Mass Effect game in Montreal. Ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh but recognizable. And fun!"

Read the full short article here

Well, I'm glad it's running on Frostbite 2, and not anything too next gen, I’ll say that now, it means I’ll be able to play it well when it comes to its release.

all I will say, is I’m excited to see what they have... past? future? alternate timeline?
I hope its future, but with the way its panning out, I'm doubtful. It's more likely to be the past, First Contact War era maybe?

one thing I do really hope for though, is that it maintains the same respect towards the player's decision of gender etc. as the previous games had.

Aaand also that the main character doesn't run like a gorilla when they are running around in their casual dress.

• 3 weeks later...

But.... Shepherd is dead. Oh wait, Shepherd died at the start of ME2 aswell (10 minute long unskippable cutscenes FTW)

After they refused to fix the hostile AI shoot ONLY at the player thing in the third, I think I'll pass on the next one. DA: Inquisition on the other hand....

• 3 weeks later...

But.... Shepherd is dead. Oh wait, Shepherd died at the start of ME2 aswell (10 minute long unskippable cutscenes FTW)

Well... it's not sure...

If you choose right path (terminal or whatever) which is solution to kill all Synthetics (as i remember well) there is a 5 second short animation and at the end of it... Shepard chest is taking fast breath. So i don't think this is the end of our Galactic Hero :)

But, i personally looking forward new Mass Effect games - new trilogy maybe :)

Edited by husar