Swordfish

Tinker

Well I was chatting with Hammer and colin this morning, and about to play GR, and our area had a power outage. Jumped back on TS using the TS beta app with the mobile phone to let them know. Been looking at this for a while. I drove to Scan.co.uk in Bolton, about 40 miles from here to have a play before I buy this, and they are closed on Sundays!

Hey I got to go to McDonalds though, not a bad day. Power was on when I returned.

Zeealex, on 27 Jan 2013 - 19:18, said:

who needs 24 cores@4ghz and 32GB RAM?

Developers, for one. This is a consumer take on what commercial PCs have been doing all along. It may seem ludicrous, but to develop for X you need to have X+1 systems. If you look at business hardware, the numbers are huge. It's not hard to find a $3.4k USD video card, for example. Niche products? Specialized tasks? Yep. Motherboards that max out at 128GB of RAM, but it's for commercial servers that need to be x86 or x64 compatible.

I hope this has a specified purpose, otherwise it's a waste of power. who needs 24 cores@4ghz and 32GB RAM?

sorry i don't mean to drag the thread down or anything. :blink:

I Do ..... :drool: then i mite be able to run FSX with all settings on ultra high and get more that 26fps lol

But take a look around Youtube at some of the set-ups seriouse race / flight simmers use

Edited by Hammer