Fort Strike, ready for first beta

JohnTC02

John,

Found one more thing to fix. The TAW server still had v1 on it, so we were playing that version tonight. We triggered the tank in the building at the extract to start up, but the doors never opened. The gun of the tank came out through the doors, and I was able to lock onto that with a Zeus. But even after blowing it inside the building, the doors never opened.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind being updated to "Beta Tester" below my avatar. I'll continue to test maps as I have been over the last year or so.

Thanks Jack, I'll take a look at those doors but I haven't had any problems with them so far, your account has been upgraded to Beta Tester.

Hey Goose, that looks like a normal crash to me, have you got any other folders in your Local folder apart from the weapon mod. If you have the English folder in there along with the weapon mod then it has been known to cause problems even if it is renamed

I don't know the spec of your PC but lower spec machines are prone to crashing more, I know that from experience as I hardly ever have any crash problems since upgrading mine.

Hi John,

Yesterday I tested the new version (v1.1) with Jimmy on my online server and I spawned on the roof of the insertion building, as you can see in the screen I made below.

graw2_2012_11_26_21_54_40_317.jpg

After a few minutes I had a crash.

Mon Nov 26 22:17:08 2012

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

mswsock (???) : ???

mswsock (???) : ???

ntdll (???) : RtlNtStatusToDosError

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Like you and others who upgraded their system I didn't have any crashes anymore since the upgrade, until yesterday. With other games I don't have any crashes at all, so I can't imagine that it's due to my hardware.

I'm using an Intel i5 - 3570K 3.4 GHz / 16 Gb DDR3 RAM / 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / HD R6870 OC 1Gb Graphics Card and everything is running on Windows 7 Ultimate.

We didn't play any further 'cause we wanted to wait 'till one of the dedicated servers is running the map, which will be today. So we'll give it another try.

Rico and Jimmy

Edited by Rico686

I played the map today, and just 2 issues (if you can call them that)

1. In the data center, you can not X one of the computers because there is a weapon (press X to pick up weaopn) I solved that by dragging the weapon away.

2. In the extract area, I have a major crash when I zeus the tank from the top of a building. My screen simply freeze with a very nice explosion all across. And I have to reboot computer. Maybe the explosion is too resource heavy for my video card.

p.s. I am now TAW_pdanoe, maybe someone will do me a favor and change my nickname in here.

Rico, haha that building just doesn't want to be spawned in, I'll get it fixed for the next release.

Never seen the "RtlNtStatusToDosError" before, from what I can make out it could be a driver error or an error if you are running Wine on a MAC, I don't think either of these apply to you, let me know if it happens again.

pdanoe, sometimes explosions can cause the game to crash but I've never known it to crash a PC before, if it happens again and your PC is still running can you post the crash log.

Your name has been changed to TAW_pdanoe.

1. In the data center, you can not X one of the computers because there is a weapon (press X to pick up weaopn) I solved that by dragging the weapon away.

I had this problem in the first version once after I killed the AI in front of it. He landed there and I only got the X to pick up his weapon. Once I stepped away from him after passing near the laptop, the X for the laptop stayed with me anywhere I went in the room. I was able to trigger it that way. But I agree, it's a little confusing/frustrating until you realize this. IIRC, it was the 2nd floor (the end furthest from the stairs and the room had 2 laptops in it...it was the laptop against the outer wall).

Maybe move the AI further away from the laptops?

Well after a little pushing of Rico i will write my point of view here. (without google translator).

First of all i di like you're maps John..

But i don't have any problems as said above in the map (only standart Graw2 crashes). I saw Rico spawned up the building but it hasn't happend to me (so far?)

But i have seen some things that maybe can be changed.

I saw some AI stuck against the wall in a few buildings and they where trying to get out (walking/running) Building tot the right where 2 tanks can come out an the smaller building to the right of the high building (seen from first respawn).

And there are some snipers up in some buildings and watch you but they won't shoot?? (or i was too fast)

And could it be possible to replace the respawn near "Fort" more to the center. Because if you play in "normal/easy mode" the thirde gate won't open or make it possible to open the gate your'e zelf?

I'll add an experience I had with regard to Jimmy's last remark. You've got 3 gates going into the fort. Once the truck comes out, you can go into the fort without ever opening the gates (that would be me every time :ph34r: ). When finished with the objective, I couldn't open the 3rd gate from the inside and had to go to the middle gate to open them. I realize now that you might not have the "open gate" trigger on the third gate (maybe assuming no one would come in that way?). Or maybe that trigger isn't there from the inside or is missing after the fort objectives are completed? I haven't tried it out to see what the full situation is. I can do that tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jimmy, It's difficult to control where the AI goes once spawned, you can give them paths to follow which they will until they spot you, after that they will take whichever route they want which can lead to them getting stuck. I will take a look at them though.

If you think the spawn location for the fort objective would be better at the center of the area then I can move it.

Jack, the only gate that you can open at the fort is the centre one, the other two are opened by the tank and the panhard depending on whether you are playing easy or hard mode. Once you have triggered the vehicles you can use those gates if you wish.

John

Hi Folks,

V1.2 is now ready.

Changes are as follows:

1: The building at the initial spawn point has been replaced with, umm, something a bit bigger, if ya spawn on top of this ###### I'll retire from modding!! :)

2: All the AI that were near the laptops at the Data Centre have been moved, if there are any problems there now then they got there by there own doing.

3. Respawn point at the Fort objective has been moved nearer to the centre of that area.

I tried the extraction a few times both in easy and hard mode but the doors for the tank always opened, not sure why these didn't work.

All the AI paths look ok so those that were stuck in buildings or against props got there by themselves, something I have no control over.

I think that's it.

Many thanks for your continuing support,

John

Download:

Fort Strike v1.2

Running through v1.2 tonight and I don't see any way for us to spawn on that roof. :rofl: That's one tall building! Problem solved.

Something I thought I noticed before and just confirmed it in the data center. The on screen messages are off with the floors that are cleared. Was hard to tell with the delay of the laptop downloading, but I took my time and waited on each floor until the message appeared before going up to the next floor.

Floor Cleared --> Message Received on Screen

1st Floor --> First Floor Cleared

2nd Floor --> First Floor Cleared

3rd Floor --> Second Floor Cleared

So the 2nd and 3rd floors are giving the wrong message.

Edited by JackDoe

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply.

Looking at the script the messages read as follows:

"Ground Floor Complete"

"First Floor Complete"

"Second Floor Complete"

This is probably a "British" thing, we call the first level the Ground Floor not sure if it's the same for you, if this is causing some confusion I can change it.

When testing the alpha version we thought this mission wouldn't cause the beta testers to many problems as we never had any crashes or issues, we said "Yeah this will only need one beta version" hahah how wrong we were. :(

John

Ah yes, maybe it did say Ground Floor. Somehow I missed that. And you're right on the "British" thing. It didn't occur to me about the differences. Over here, the bottom is either ground floor or first floor. They're interchangeable. I'll get used to it (just as I'm used to seeing the different spelling of words which I see in many of the books I read anyway). I'm amazed with how many people around the world actually speak English! Kudos to them.

I haven't seen the tank get stuck inside the building since that one night, and it didn't do it last night either. Only thing I didn't check was the new spawn point at the fort.

Edited by JackDoe

Hi John,

I've tested V1.2 and I haven't spawned on any roof anymore LOL.

Playing the map alone on my online created server didn't give me any problems whatsoever. So, no issues, crashes or whatever.

The map just ran smoothly and the building at the insurtion is really high LOL.

Btw, this time I really did my best to get the game to crash but it didn't, so.....

The animation with the laptops keep amazing me. Really cool to see the download running and hear that particular sound when the download is done.

I think the map is ready for release unless someone has found something we all overlooked.

Rico

Hi John,

sorry for being so late.The mission/map is absolutely fantastic. All we can say is "wow" !

The new sound gives it different atmosphere., very good. All the buildings, doors, hangars and new procedures are perfect.

You did a very very good work!

Also it looks like you and the others have the mission already issue free with v1.2

Have not realized any issues which was reported before.

We used Hard - dedicated LAN ONLY server with this equipment:

Dedicated LAN-only server: 1.6Ghz Centrino M laptop /1GB mem / 16GB CF /XP

Client 1: E6750@2920+HD4870/512+4GB - 22" 1440x900 / XP

Client 2: E8400@3600+HD3780/512+4GB - 20" 1280x800 / Xp

E6750 crashed just one time with a typical "access violation" message / 32-80fps avg=50fps

E8400 crashed not 40-90fps avg.= 60fps

Centrino server did not crashed as well

Like I said, no issues at all. We had some problems to get into the data center because door was blocking but there are enough doors so we took a other one.

Thank you for this perfect mission with all the new features in there.

With greetings from Erika&Klaus @Kaapo

P.s. the ford was very hard but very good. What a great installation!

Thanks for testing again Rico, I'll give it a while longer before releasing the mission.

Erika & Klaus, pleased you liked the mission, I hope Erika made good use of the now "standard" sun loungers. This mission did throw up more issues than I expected but I think it's about ready for release.

John, the only thing I saw in this map was outside the Humram building. Across the street there is a lamp post with a section of vertical rock up against it. It is not major and does not interfere with the mission. It is just that it is hard to see thru it facing the humram facility. When you are past it and look back can you see the lamp post.

I just remembered one other thing that happened when we played last week. Direwolf got stuck under the back of the bus at the beginning. He was laying prone crawled under next to a barrel. I know I've tried crawling there but couldn't go under. Somehow, he couldn't get back out again and had to be killed. Not sure if adding another barrel is an easy fix if you're going to fix what Bob pointed out.

I just remembered one other thing that happened when we played last week. Direwolf got stuck under the back of the bus at the beginning. He was laying prone crawled under next to a barrel. I know I've tried crawling there but couldn't go under. Somehow, he couldn't get back out again and had to be killed. Not sure if adding another barrel is an easy fix if you're going to fix what Bob pointed out.

I crawled under that bus several times with no problem. You can shoot a few Tangos in the legs by doing that...lol.

Easy answer for that one (but really dont see why it has to be done) is to replace bus with the fence (just continue fence all the way along).

But my answer is, how can you perfect perfection ?

:o)

Thanks for testing CJo1964.

I have used a mover under the bus to stop you from bypassing the triggers, all I need t o do is move the "mover" nearer to the edge of the bus, that will stop you from getting stuck.

OT, FYI, I'm working hard on my next mission, this one has lots of new features, buildings and props, it's going to be a biggie!!! I just hope it won't be a laggy biggie :)

Two select members have had a sneaky peek at the map, their response was unprintable :censored: I'll leave it to them if they want to own up to who they are but they need to remember they are subject to an NDA :D;)