Dragunov SVD Airsoft Sniper Rifle

RileyFletcher_01

Just got this bad boy in from Airsplat.com.

AR-AK-DRAG-SVD-TMB.jpg

Need I say more?

I was invited to an airsoft battle this next week, so I decided I needed to raise myself from the disgusting low-class translucent spring Wal-mart pistols and the $12.95 AEG rifles that run out of batteries in about 3 minutes of firing. I had some extra cash, so I threw it at this thing, and it was definitely worth the 109 dollars + shipping (which was unbelievably expensive, 42 dollars to have it here in three days.) When I ordered it, it started a long chain of awesome events. First, California held my gun for an extra day without explanation rant.gifThen, it missed the train so that delayed it once more. Then, it finally made it to Mesquite, then was finally shipped to my home, a total of 4 days from the ship date. So I paid 30 extra bucks to get it here and didn't get it here when I needed it. Still made it in time tonight, so I opened up the box and heard a rattling sound. I noticed that the BB bag had come open, so I have BBs all over my floor now. Sooner or later I know someone's going to trip on them. So then I got it out and loaded it up with my speed loader, about 90 rounds loaded in 10 seconds. Took it outside and hit the basketball goal ten times from 10 meters. That didn't pass my inspection though, so I tried something a bit more challenging. I stood a 5x5cm metal plate on a lawn chair and stepped to about 15m away. Chkching, tzing, ding! Hit! Did that about ten times, missed twice but that was operator error icon_redface.gif

If any of you are interested in airsoft and are looking for something accurate, reliable, and awesome, get this beast.

Me - :snipe: Opponents - :lightning:

Edited by rileyfletcher_01

When it comes to airsoft guns, I think the cheapo guns in the $100-$150 range are hit or miss as far as accuracy and reliability are concerned. I've had a few of them, and while I'm by no means an avid or serious player, have found the cheaper ones to be absolute garbage. If airsoft where you live is anything like it is here, then you're going to need a gun with a high rate of fire that's accurate past 100 feet, and reliable. That kind of accuracy and reliability usually doesn't come in an inexpensive gun. Sometimes you luck out and get it, but not usually. Hopefully, you have. :)

Got this gun after some guy showed up and handed our asses to us with a $150 spring action M24 sniper rifle. He could nail us across the field. I guess I got lucky, 'cause this cheapo is pretty danged good for someone like me. I still consistently hit any target under 75 paces away. As for high ROF, I haven't found anything accurate and I don't really need it. I don't like to run in spraying, because I'm liable to get killed. I like to sit back and stalk and nail people in the face, like this tomato.gif