Prometheus

Dick Splash

I am very excited about Prometheus and did a little reading on it when I caught a Ridley Scott interview on telly before Xmas.

It started out as a Alien prequel, but Ridley said it developed into something more - the origins of man, I think it still starts with the story of the giant mystery astronaut in one of the early scenes from Alien.

I heard the film's main plot takes from Ancient Astronaut theories, right up my street!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Things are hotting up;

Twenty second teaser trailer.

Followed by this live event on Saturday.

On Saturday, March 17th at 4 p.m. PST/ 7 p.m. EST, legendary director Ridley Scott will premiere the first full trailer for one of 2012's most anticipated films, PROMETHEUS, at the AMC Downtown Disney in Anaheim, CA. This invite-only premiere will follow a 30 minutes Q&A session with the iconic director conducted by Prometheus writer/producer Damon Lindelof (Co-creator, Executive Producer and Writer of TV's LOST).

DS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was just lookingat skyfall, the new bond movie :thumbsup: Looks pretty nice :) I have been waiting on you, Skyfall :o=

Thanks for the information, DickSplash :thumbsup:

I was thingking about, that there was coming a new one :thumbsup:

Teppe

Edited by teppe

• 3 weeks later...

I just got home from watching this about 20 minutes ago, very fun movie to watch.

Don't want to ruin anything, but that surgery scene was unbelievably cool. Heres to having do-it-yourself doctor pods by 2085!

Saw it. Slow and painfully "by the book seen it before" beginnings, but some good scenes later on.

The "it's not a prequel" talk by Ridley and cast prior to opening is clearly diversion tactics to get more people thorugh the cinema door - it is obviously a prequel, although they could have tied it up a bit tighter than they did.

Over all I left feeling a little disapointed, but its an okay film and I'll still go see the next one :)

Don't want to ruin anything, but that surgery scene was unbelievably cool. Heres to having do-it-yourself doctor pods by 2085!

I was surprised I was able to sit through that,

I'm usually fine seeing people get cut open, but the fact that she was awake and suffering... Eugh!

The end bit with the warship falling over was so predictable! As soon as I saw the rock- I'll speak no more of.

@Rocky, I think most people who've seen the alien movies were dissappointed by Prometheus. But a lot of people I spoke to who hadn't seen the Alien movies loved it.

So maybe as a prequel, or knowing the Alien movie reputation it was dissappointing?