The Outpost TG Map 1 by H-Hour / El Oso

Rocky

The Outpost is a new map released under the name of TG Map 1 by El Oso, created by H-Hour with some help from Sarc. H-Hour's real life commitments prevented him from putting the finishing touches to this map, but thanks to El Oso, it is now seeing the light of day. The map has a few buildings in a central area, surrounded in nicely lighted wooded areas. Plenty of cover and different elevations should offer good games.

PC Version

Mac Version

Please report technical problems to el_oso@warofinfamy.com

Any Pictures?

I think Hhour had some floating around here a while back which is why I didn't bother with that. I do have some but no where to host them so all I can suggest is to download the map and take a look at it for yourself.

I'll be happy to host 'em if you send them to my email: deleyt@chello.nl

They're all 1600 x 1200. I've got about 15 of them. I think that they weigh more than the mod themselves. Hopefully I'll get my ftp info sorted out soon enough and be able to host more pics of the next maps later.

As a matter of fact I have all three of those on my hard drive. I'm currently looking at the temple map. It has an excellent layout so far but some of the mesh needs to be cleaned up for better lighting results. I'll have to add some distant ambient features as well for a picturesque background.

His last map, the airport needs the most work and I'll save that for the last.

Very nice map H-Hour and El_Oso!

I specailly like the details around the builidings offcourse and noticed some fine details as the broken 2nd level thing inside the barn there, the plastic cover thing over the powersupply at the antenna and the transmission line down to the outpost from the antenna station. Terrain looks very nice aswell, it gives nice cover and the new grass-thing looks fine.

I hope to see more maps from you in the future (read GR2) H-hour and hope that you will have time again after things have settled down. I also have some periods around exams periods and schoolprojects where I'm busy, but I always come back and find some time later on.

The chairs and radio in the mac version have alpha-channelling issues... Other than that outstanding map. The bunks seem to be a little wide, though.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I forgot how the mac translates alpha channels and I'll get a patch over to Rocky sometime this evening.

As for the bunks... Well I didn't make them and tried to limit changing too much of Hhour's work from what he sent me. Unless there are a ton of complaints on this issue, I'll leave them as they are.

I"m sorry, but for some strange reason my GR crashes to the desktop when I try the map.

I know H-hour and EL OSO do good work. am I the only one?

@ EL OSO thanks for finishing up H-Hours work. He will be missed.

Do all versions of the map crash on your system?

Is it just one?

I included the .sht files with the release to avoid corruption on load. It's worth a shot since they may have been corrupted during the download.

If this doesn't work give me a shout at: el_oso@warofinfamy.com and we'll try and troubleshoot this issue for you.