Good Xbox 360 Shooter games?

Zeealex

hello people, one of my mum's friends is hopefully going to hand us over a limited edition xbox 360 this week as our old one broke down with the four light RROD a few months back. anyway, when it broke down we decided to sell all of our games thinking there would be no way of getting a new one or fixing the one we had. so we have no games for it. Mum's friend said she'd give us one of her games however we are not sure what that one game is.

But anyway, do you know of any good shooters or driving games for the xbox 360.

I'm up for any possible suggestions what so ever that you may have, and GR:FS will be one on the list as well as Test drive unlimited and Forza.

generally i prefer any games that allow me to think but don't annoy the living hell out of me with how slow they are and the limitations on class and weaponry (OFP:DR talking about you there) but any suggestions are welcome.

For Driver games, i like any open ended ones that allow just a general adventure and a drive around for the fun of it.

@mods, sorry if i put this in the wrong section feel free to move it ;)

i don't play live either incase you are wondering, but if i ever get around to doing so then i will post my who i am online for you.

Edited by Zeealex

Dead Space 2. :)

Brink - if you can get past the fact the game is and will only ever be a beta.

Some would probably say Rage. I won't, because basic enemies that can withstand 3 shotgun blasts in the face at point blank range isn't my idea of fun.

As for Homefront, don't even go there.

In Skyrim you can 'shoot' arrows and magic. :P

Dead Space 1.

Bulletstorm.

Of course, you could always get Jericho, where the weapons are so weak that you just aswell be firing blanks at enemies. ;P

Borderlands maybe, although it's somewhat a time hog, most notably the Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot add-on.

I could name loads of XBL Arcade shooter games too (Bird Assassin is some hilarious side scrolling ######), but that's not applicable if you don't use Live.

Just to add, I still play Brink, so I do know what I'm talking about when I say it's a beta. It's stuff that they seem to not want to fix like AI running blindly into enemy fire; textures not loading properly or at all; sometimes AI medics just stand next to you when you're incapped or run past, not bothering to revive you; AI trying to complete objective while under fire; predictability - AI always taking same paths; AI Engineers not repairing their own Turrets/placing Turrets in the most obvious places where they can be destroyed easily; AI characters using heavy body type build going around griefing with the gatling gun; etc. You could even argue that the game is sexist for not having any options to create female characters. :)

And you know, it's funny, all these Xbox 360 owners talking of experiencing RRoD's - I've had my 360 for a few years now, second hand no less, and never had any issues with it.... Yet.

Edited by WytchDokta

yeah, this RROD wasn't the bad build quality, i blame mum. XD then new one is staying in my room though. and I'm going to look after it more than the last one. theses day i know how to look after it and prevent the RROD from happening these days soo.

bulletstorm, my god i haven't played that in donkeys, definitely have to get it on the xbox

Actually I lie, the DVD drive on my 360 has become temperamental, to the point of randomly deciding not to open sometimes, whether or not using the eject button on the front of the Xbox or by selecting eject in the Xbox Dashboard. Nothing a knife to force it open can't fix though.