Ageia Physx Update For Graw2

Hi there,

New here and not entirely sure if I'm in the right place. I have Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (and GRAW) installed on my machine. I recently tried to initiate it to play and it came up with the following message:

Crash in application version: 29980.2562

GRAW2 requires an up to date version of Ageia PhysX and associated DLLs. Please install latest PhysX runtime.

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I'm running an ASUS EN8800GTS 320MB graphics card and have tried updating the drivers from nvidia but the message still comes up when trying to start the game.

Am I just stupid or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Would appreciate any help that could be offered

Cheers Trev

What OS are you using, what specific version of ForceWare do you have installed (as most recent versions bundle NVIDIA PhysX), did you fully uninstall the previous drivers when you updated ForceWare, and has your systems Ageia PhysX Properties CP been superceded by the NVIDIA PhysX Properties CP?

You might want to think about patching the app to a later revision.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php...egory&id=49

Hi Guys,

I'm using XP Professional SP 3 as my OS. I'm not too sure where to find what version of ForceWare I'm using and as far as I know I simply downloaded the new drivers directly from Nvidia's website. In the Nvidia folder in 'my computer' I have three main folders - nForceWin2k, Win2k and WinXP. The first listed has a subfolder with 15.23, the second listedhas five 169.21, 175.16, 175.19, 177.41 and 178.24 and the third has one 180.48. Does this make any sense to you guys. Sorry for being such a nimrod but I am fairly new at this

Cheers Trev

^

v180.48 is the latest available WHQL release for your card, so you are up to date.

I have never used their System Update...do you know/remember if the process included removing the previous drivers, a restart, reconnection to site, and then the installation of the new version?

Have you ever run the game on your system in the past or is this a fresh install or the first attempt to play it? If you have used that installation previously did you ever try to troubleshoot a problem with the app by deleting the Ageia folder/files?

Activate your PhysX Properties Control Panel...

Start>All Programs>NVIDIA Corporation>NVIDIA PhysX Properties

...pull up Settings and check the Hardware Device Selection. Default setting is "GeForce PhysX", you could try changing this to "No Acceleration"and then starting the game to check if the CTD is vid-mem related.

As a last ditch effort...uninstall/reinstall the game and the drivers- it might not hurt just to start over from scratch.

____

Once you sort that problem, keep in mind :AW2 last revision is v1.05.

http://patches.ubi.com/ghost_recon_advanced_warfighter_2/

Hmmm, just a hunch... but can you click the desktop Start button, then select Run, in the box type dxdiag, then let it complete the test.

Then click Save all Information, it will create a txt file, save it on your desktop. Open it up and past the contents into your next post.

GRAW2 requires an up to date version of Ageia PhysX and associated DLLs. Please install latest PhysX runtime.

Hmm... this concerns PhysX itself. Should not be affected by any ForceWare version as far as I know. I think ForceWare only provides PhysX hardware simulation, not the PhysX software itself.

So try to download PhysX and reinstall it.