Dogs in GR?

I remember reading about a mod where players got points for shooting animals, like a hunting mod someone made around the holidays. I didn't ever see them, but I wonder if it was ever possible to put guard dogs within a mod. Like say you enter a certain perimeter and the dog sees or smells you and goes off, which sets other enemies in the area into a high alert mode or attack.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Elmer Fudd Challenge is what you are remembering in your first sentence.

Tinker explained that in this instance the animals were map objects inserted into the map in 3DSM.

They were not added in Igor as actors.

I suppose it is possible to create a model of a dog in 3DSM and use it as an actor in Igor but I don't remember it being done that way in any mod.

Edited by wombat50

Harntrox and myself played around with dogs in GR.

Some maybe remeber the Starship troopers bugs we made years ago. It would be possible to get a dog into the game.

This was before IT and the modding tools which came with them. IT tools would probably not support the movements. If some1 is really really interested I can go into details how to get a dog in GR

Raven

• 1 month later...

While I wasn't around, I've seen the SST bugs, and they look really good :thumbsup:

How are they done? Some strange skeleton position ('off' the model, persay) or a loop animation (I guess it can be made to loop while they move), or something else?

It was done with Mike Shell's tagging tool. back then we did not have bones in 3dmax to play around with and to import characters. The way the tool worked was to put a color gradient over a mesh assigning different colors for different parts of a body.

So with an animal (4 or more legs) you tagged the front left leg as a left leg and the 2nd left leg as a right leg the 3rd as a left and so on ... opposite for the right side.

Same worked with arms. However I left arms out of the SST mod since the bug didn't hold a visible gun. The gun he got in igor was similar to the shotgun mod we made earlyer --> very high dmg and very short range and no muzzle flash :)

• 5 years later...