Become A Gr.net Supporter!

Rocky

With thanks to Silentnight for composing this post, here's a run down on Supporter Benefits.

Supporter: What it Means in the Forums

COOL BADGE

supporter-2.gif

When you become a supporter, you will become the envy of all your friends, because you are entered into the Supporters Member Group, which means you get this cool badge.

SECRET FORUM

There is a hidden forum, where supporters discuss plans to take over the world and the truth, because regular members can't handle the truth.

DELETE YOUR OWN POSTS

Being a supporter enables you to delete the posts you make. Good if you say something you shouldn't have, or make yourself look stupid.

MODERATION POWER

This enables you to lock or delete threads that you start, handy if you start a riot or answer your own question.

MAKE POLLS!

Seen those fun little polls around the forums? Clicked the button and been told where to stick your poll? Well becoming a supporter is the cure!! You can create serious and cutting edge polls like who is the best special forces unit, or

find out which is better, Chocolate or Vanilla!!

PRE-RELEASE MODS

navbar_html_folder_r1_c4.gif

Before a mod is released into the download section, sometimes Rocky lets the supporters loose on it. This is great for bragging rights, and feedback for the modders.

FILEMANAGER FACILITY WITH STORAGE SPACE

You may have seen this little link up the top of the forums, or you may not have, but this little link opens up massive possibilties.

It enables you to upload, store and share pictures, like sigs or screenshots, documents like word files and powerpoints or music, like .wav files.

Your file limit is negotiable, all it takes is a word to Rocky.

INCREASED PM MESSAGE SPACE

Becoming a supporter means that Rocky will double your inbox! Thats right, 100 messages as opposed to 50.

Rocky looks after those who support the Ghost Recon.Net Family!

BLOGGING!

Supporters get in on the fun that the Staff get to have with their own personal Blog. Blogging is the next big thing, although it started quite a while back! Now you can have your own Blog right here at GR.net to share your views, thoughts or information on any subject.

COOL BLUE

When you become a supporter, your name listed at the foot of the forums is transformed from that plain old black, to an exciting new BLUE! And everyone knows that Blue is "in" this season!!

COMPETITIONS

Supporters go in to a seperate draw for every competition, increasing their chances of winning by a huge ratio. We've given away all sorts of prizes, like Game Guides, T-Shirts, and all kinds of Ghost Recon merchandise. One lucky Supporter is always guaranteed a prize!

You also get the nice, warm feeling inside that you have helped GR.NET, a place that you use and abuse.

So support GR.NET NOW!!!!

Otherwise the costs will keep rising, and you may have to endure annoying (but helpful when it comes to breast enlargment) pop up advertisments

OR GR.NET forums will be made Subscriber only, like many other cool sites have, and this will mean you will have to fork out dough each month!

A small donation is better than the above.

Click This supporter badge to donate NOW ----------> supporter-2.gif

Anyone with a creditcard can make a donation through PayPal (you don't need a PayPal account).

When I made this post in January 2005 there were 47 supporters out of 4473 members, that is 1.0507489380728817348535658394813% of members have donated.

Lets try and improve that!

-SilentNight

Post last updated on 8 April 2007, Supporters now number 147. Thank you all for your support!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you become a GRNET supporter you will get mods like centcom before the rest :whistle:

Viiiper

SUPPORTER

I can't Belive there are so few supporters to the cause !!!! Viva the GRAW REVOLUTION ..eeheheheheheh OFF TO THE LITTLE SUPPORTERS ROOM TO MAKE ME CONTRIBUTION !!!! [ no no no not that sort of contribution ... money of course]..

AND I WANT MY BADGE :please: TONY DIDN'T HELP GEORGE OUT FOR NOWT !!!

:thumbsup: mum's the word

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't want to nag, but both introduction posts for GR.net supporters (here and here) have a couple of broken image links that give them a slightly "abandoned" appearance.

Dangit thats why I keep telling people to use the filemanager and not crappy third party sites for image storage :wall:

Well noticed, I shall get that fixed ASAP!

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys

I have just made a donation ...... not because I want access to secret forums or shiny badges etc ... etc (though they will be handy heh heh) but because I am constantly in awe at the way the site is ran, and the hard work and time that Rocky, Tinker and everyone else puts in to it .... take a bow guys :thumbsup::clapping::clapping:

By the way, I didn't realise I could donate ... maybe want to advertise the fact in a bigger box Rocky :yes:

Legacy

Hey Guys

I have just made a donation ...... not because I want access to secret forums or shiny badges etc ... etc (though they will be handy heh heh) but because I am constantly in awe at the way the site is ran, and the hard work and time that Rocky, Tinker and everyone else puts in to it .... take a bow guys :thumbsup::clapping::clapping:

By the way, I didn't realise I could donate ... maybe want to advertise the fact in a bigger box Rocky :yes:

Legacy

Oh hang on, that was you?! Do you realise you have a 2nd account here? Now I understand why the donator's account has not been active since October last year, you started a new account lol.

You should still get the thank you e-mail I just sent anyway, but many thanks mate, the gesture is much appreciated.

• 1 year later...