this guy claims that he have played Graw PC

Unfortunately not m8 as long as they keep making you guy's use that horrible controller.

It's a physical impossibility to make the movement as fluid or accurate as a mouse with a thumb stick. Not a limitation of the XBOX 360 just the control method.

Microsoft decided long ago NOT to allow keyboard/mouse support for game control in the XBox360 because it unbalances gameplay in multi-player between those that have keyboard/mouse and those who don't.

--Logos

I realise the why m8 just answering his question ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said the PC uses only 1500 polys per character?

dev chat did. something like that, did it change or what? :blink:

I just searched both PC devchats for the terms "poly" and "polies" and got ZERO hits. Nothing was said in the devchats about polygon count.

If you can find the quote you're talking about, I'm sure many people would like to see it. :thumbsup:

--Logos

I just searched both PC devchats for the terms "poly" and "polies" and got ZERO hits. Nothing was said in the devchats about polygon count.

If you can find the quote you're talking about, I'm sure many people would like to see it. :thumbsup:

--Logos

Wait a moment capteenix, are you trying to tell the developer what the poly count is? :oops:

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Look at these other UBI Nordic PC screens

More FPW screens with pistol in hand

I still can't help but notice just how clean the HUD looks (of which I like). Bo do you have any comments about these screens?

[GR:FS].jpg

graw5.jpg

graw6.jpg

graw7.jpg

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

--Logos

Wait a moment capteenix, are you trying to tell the developer what the poly count is? :oops:

silent_op

OMG! :rofl: hahahahahahahahaha i didnt even see! that it was BoGRIN ROFMAO!

ok i think im mistaken then.....oh yeah it was said 15000 Pc and 150000 X350, not 1500, that Dev chat disappeared

Edited by capteenix

well the graphics inside the xbox 360 is more advanced then you would see inside your desktop pc, remember this consol is built specifically for gaming, a pc has many factors that can limit its performance. i also highly doubt that graw will be using all 3 cores of the 360 and still get jerky gameplay, if its only online u get the jerking then its obviously to do with ur internet connection.

well the graphics inside the xbox 360 is more advanced then you would see inside your desktop pc, remember this consol is built specifically for gaming, a pc has many factors that can limit its performance. i also highly doubt that graw will be using all 3 cores of the 360 and still get jerky gameplay, if its only online u get the jerking then its obviously to do with ur internet connection.

Here we go............................

[GR]Bangebuks who played the PC version with [GR]Dark,PO told me, that you can turn off the diamonds - both in SP and MP. :D

That was also my first question.

I have just finished the translation of Darks notes into english. Waiting for Dark to login and publish on www.Ghost-recon.dk Ghost Recon Elite Platoon, Denmark.

jobo,Mar 24 2006, 05:03 PM]

[GR]Bangebuks who played the PC version with [GR]Dark,PO told me, that you can turn off the diamonds - both in SP and MP.  :D

That was also my first question.

I have just finished the translation of Darks notes into english. Waiting for Dark to login and publish on  www.Ghost-recon.dk  Ghost Recon Elite Platoon, Denmark.

Looking forward to it.

Graphics look clean, that's good...

Gun models look great...

But the 360 version definitely has the edge I think in pure eyecandy in terms of the ghost members, shadow and light effects, and the HDR (never in gameplay though).

Edited by Deepblue

But the 360 version definitely has the edge I think in pure eyecandy in terms of the ghost members, shadow and light effects, and the HDR (never in gameplay though).

How can you come up with such a conclusion when we haven't even seen more than 3 seconds of distant footage? All these claims from people with nothing to base it on, give me a break. <_<

Graphics look clean, that's good...

Gun models look great...

First of all we need to see some video footage and not some 4 second flash movie. Also, as Bo keeps mentioning, nothing has been shown to us in anything higher than medium setting.

I can't wait to play a demo though. That would top any video.

If the 360 in the end has more "eye candy" even with the PC set in high and not medium, then fine. The medium looks pretty damn good already. High can only be better. PC style tactical squad based simm game play makes up for any lacking eye candy in the end (as long as GRIN delivers on their promise).

silent-op

Dont Fool yourself, 15000 polygons were most likley used to make the Normal/Bump maps which then get imposed on top of a 3000-max 5000 poly character, and thats being generous. I watched our character guy try to open the max file with the Hi res version of Our character(which was around the same) It took 10 mins to open it and chugged for 10 secs every time he tryed moving the viewport (on a Dual Core, 3.2 gig machine) Not taking anything away from the Devs or the Game but that is how these Next Gen Games are being made.